Flashback Naming Game

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Naming Game

Postby Seeker on February 19th, 2013, 11:32 pm

82nd day of Summer, 510 AV- Midday

Thoughts
"Seeker's Speech"
Seeker's Mother's Speech

If I do not question, how will I ever know? And if I never know, what will become of me?

Sullenly he sighed as he watched people pass by his open window. Currently he was cooped up inside while his mother worked- reading one of her books. But being inside was not enough for him, he wanted to be out there; doing things and exploring places. Learning. I want to be a part of the world.

After a few more moments of silent frustration, he decided enough was enough. Getting up off the window sill, he turned his back on the passing crowds and started off in his mothers direction. "Why must I sit inside while you wither away at your books?" He watched as his mother just shook her head- he presumed in a disappointed manner.

"I know you wish to set out... To start seeking your own path. But you must first find appreciation in text and your inner self."

"But...why?" He listened and as his mother chuckled he grew more frustrated.

"I know you wish to seek out all of the knowledge of the world my boy." She began, walking casually to a book shelf as she went- the stars on her back shifting as she reached up to grab a book. "But before you seek out the unknown, you must start with the known, and your inner self."

With a frustrated groan he took the book out of his mother's outstretched hand."Treat this as one of the quests you wish to set out on. Seek all you can from in here, and in others like it. And then start to seek elsewhere." Eying the books cover he sighed. What am I suppose to do with this? He asked himself as he read the title. 'An Introduction to Anthropological Form and Function'. "Go and read, I have no doubts you will find what you seek to start your own path within." And with that he watched as his mother turned back to her own reading.

As he flipped through the book he rolled his eyes. Glancing once at his mothers back, he turned and retreated to his window. Seek within before you seek elsewhere. Opening the book once again he started off on the first chapter. Seek within. I guess I am seeking...something. Ignoring the chatter that flowed in through the open window, he nodded to himself. I guess it makes sense to first set out to learn a base of knowledge before I seek new findings.

"What one seeks to find is true. And since truth is the base of all knowledge, I guess you could say truth is life." He mumbled to himself as he read. "In a way I guess that is so." His mother responded.

"I guess you could call me then a life seeker. Or, maybe better put, a knowledge seeker... because I'm not really interested in new life- more so new knowledge."

"Perhaps that should be what you are named then. So that your mission is not mistaken for another." Pausing in his reading he looked over at his mother.

"Seeker of knowledge? A bit long don't you think?" She chuckled and shook her head. "No, just Seeker."

Seeker, I think I like the sound of that.
Seeker's Character Sheet

~When you st out on your journey,
pray that the path is long; and that
it is a never ending fountain of
knowledge and adventure.~ Seeker Image
Seeker
Player

Words: 19872
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2013, 5:49 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets