It's Pavi Time (Viper, Khida)

Gin and Khida get some lesson's in Pavi.... hopefully

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Khida on November 29th, 2012, 12:19 am

Khida watched the parade of expressions pass over Ginchoeri's face -- a smile which looked out of place, then did not; a glower gathering as the other Kelvic regarded Viper. She considered this montage, a line creasing her own brow, until Viper began to move; then it was his approach which held the dark-haired woman's attention, her head tipping to one side. Reflexively, she leaned back a bit as he drew close with the cloak held out; but she shortly realized what he was about, and let him settle the weight of fabric on her shoulders.

Khida reached up to hold it in place, then nodded curtly as Viper directed them into the tent. She stepped inside, briefly considering the cloth walls and the lack of further rainfall; the second at least suited her, and the falcon decided it an acceptable counterpoint to the first. She took a seat just beside the entrance, keeping an eye on Viper as he followed them in -- cautious still, because he was an unknown. "They have been like other days, except he came back," Khida remarked, her inflection on the pronoun implying someone specific, someone not here. But she volunteered no explanation. "And the rain today. It was a bad morning for hunting," she added, the statement matter-of-fact. Some days you won; some days you lost.

Amber eyes flicked to Viper, then back to Gin. "You are bonded?" she asked point-blank of the horse Kelvic, having come up with no better explanation for the other's earlier expressions. She didn't think it had to do with physical territory, there having been no protest over entering the tent, so it must have been personal -- and in her paradigm, that was as important as a person as could be.
Spring threads: 2/5 .. | .. Season Goals .. | .. GradersMaxed skill: Observation.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Viper on December 2nd, 2012, 7:40 pm

Jumpy lil thing. He thought to himself after noting Khida's reaction to his gesture. You'd think being with Gin would have afforded him some level on trust. But then again, he supposed you couldn't be too careful this day and age. So he simply brushed off her curt somewhat standoffish stance which she displayed as they entered the tent.

Viper casually took a seat as some light banter between her and Gin took place. When she looked at him curiously and then to Gin. He wondered what was going through her head. Course he didn't have long to wait at all when she so bluntly asked Gin if they were bonded. A wide smirk flashed across his face as he brought a hand up to conceal it. Viper's eyebrows rose as he turned toward Gin, still covering his grin with his hand. Considering they had really been together only for a short period of time, he knew they weren't bonded as of yet. Still he was most interested in hearing how she would answer the personal question.

They may have both been Kelvics, but personality wise, they couldn't have been more different. And he couldn't of been more grateful that the question was not directed toward himself. Because he probably would have totally fumbled with that answer.
Viper
Victory is mine!

Words: 185303
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2012, 1:39 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Ginchoeri on December 4th, 2012, 9:01 pm

Day of the 53rd of Fall 512 AV

Gin blushed furiously at Khida's question. It seemed kind of sudden, but when she looked over at Viper, she saw him covering his mouth, an amused look in her eyes. She was flustered and words tried to escape her mouth, but nothing coherrent came. She looked at the ground and took a deep breath.

"I.. Don't know Khida... It happens at all kinds of different speeds I've heard, and I've... never been bonded before... But..." She looked up at Khida, a confident look in her face, "I can say this... what we have... Viper and I.... I feel it can turn into that if it isn't already." She blushed again. Trying her hardest not to look at Viper, knowing she would blush more at his reaction to what she just said.

"But... what about you? D..Do you have someone... that you.. uhm.. care for?" She was trying to divert the conversation away from the topic all together, but she knew she was ultimately failing. She was not good at this talking thing. It always was made difficult when you were still flustered.

She shifted a little bit, and dared to look over at Viper. Only to get the responce she knew she would have. She blushed more. But, she couldn't tare her eye's away from him. He was in her tent, with someone else.. but .. he was in her tent, this was nuts. how does this work? How does she continue? She could feel her heart stopping with each breath she took as she looked at him. She was entranced, but she could still hear what Khida was saying.

Ginchoeri
Player

Words: 132404
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2011, 1:54 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Khida on December 6th, 2012, 10:28 pm

Khida tilted her head and regarded Gin levelly as the flustered woman looked at Viper, then at the ground, making noises that eventually evolved into stammered words. For her part, the falcon Kelvic didn't seem particularly amused, but neither did she disdain the ineloquent reply. She just waited until it all came out.

"No, then," she concluded, summing up everything Gin had tried to say in two rather matter-of-fact words. Words which didn't convey the other context, the other relationship developing between Kelvic and human -- but that wasn't what Khida had been interested in, either. "I am not bonded," she added in response to Ginchoeri's question -- not exactly what Gin had asked, but the only answer she was likely to get.

Gin went on to simply stare at Viper. Khida looked between her and the human, and when Gin failed entirely to snap out of her trance, she turned to Viper with a small sigh. Staring was not what she had come here for. "Have you taught Pavi before?" she asked the Drykas, curiosity as direct as it was sincere.
Spring threads: 2/5 .. | .. Season Goals .. | .. GradersMaxed skill: Observation.
Khida
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Viper on December 11th, 2012, 12:57 am

Having contained his expression sufficiently, he moved his hand to his chin as his left arm now supported his right at the elbow. He simultaneously, maintained his warm smile, as he noticed her blush again. He always thought it was cute when she blushed, and also thought her answer was most interesting. His attention however, was soon drawn away by Khida's curt and to the point responses and question.

Upon hearing the question directed toward him he simply shook his head and said "No" in Pavi. He simply let the word hang there for a moment before replacing his straight faced expression with his customary smile. Speaking again in the common tongue he said, "But I think I can manage to teach you what you wish to know adequately enough. Er...as long as you don't expect to be writing novels with perfect grammer and all that jazz."

He gave a quick crack of his neck as he settled in to try and teach these two a bit of his native language. "So...is there anything in particular you'd like to learn first? Any phrases or specific words?" The question was directed to both of them, and as such, his eyes drifted back and forth between the two.
Viper
Victory is mine!

Words: 185303
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2012, 1:39 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Ginchoeri on December 13th, 2012, 3:17 am

Day of the 53rd of Fall 512 AV

Very straight forward, were the questions and answers Khida gave. Words which tore her eyes from Viper long enough for her to catch the breath that she had apparently forgotten to take. She looked at the ground, trying to collect herself. She could not keep doing this. Sure it had been a while since she'd seen him.. but they were just at the begining of their relationship.

Something in her mind though told her that it was perfectly fine to do as she had. To lose her mind just at the simple sight of him. But it scared her. For some reason, the thought of losing herself to him slightly scared her. But why, when she wanted to give everything of herself to him. Was caring for someone this difficult and complex?

Viper's low and somehow enchanting voice drew her out of the depths of her own mind. She listened, and listened well, because, Pavi slipped past his tounge. Which, if she remembered correctly meant no. His pause made her think for a moment. His continuation in common seemed to direct her thoughts into the fact that she had thought right.

When he asked about if they wanted to learn any specific phrases or specific words, she was at a loss for the sudden amount of what she wanted to know. But there were phrases she'd be more comfortable asking him about in private.. so.. she threw those to the side, and picked out a few that didn't seem so .. dangerous.

"Well.. why don't we start simple?" she tilted her head to the right and smiled. "Though I may know some of the words, Khida has no basis of the language if I a correct. So lets start with things that you can point at and say. Like the words, tent, woman, pavillion, man, boot, dress, blanket, cloak, and the like." she shrugged. "And we can move from there, working on putting them in sentences once in a while?"

She was just suggesting an idea. But it was as if she had every clue what to do. Which wasn't the case, actually, she had been asking around, seeing how some Drykas learned thier languages, and pulling from her own experiences. It would make sense to learn the same way you did as a child right?

Ginchoeri
Player

Words: 132404
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2011, 1:54 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Khida on December 21st, 2012, 2:04 pm

OOCSorry for the delay!

"No," Khida repeated, testing the word. From the context of expression and tone, she derived meaning: "No," she iterated in Common, giving her companions a chance to correct if she was wrong in her inference. No expression other than focused interest crossed her face; she didn't seem bothered by Viper's lack of teaching experience.

The falcon Kelvic fell silent as Ginchoeri spoke up, amber gaze shifting to the other Kelvic with her attention. In the meantime, Khida pursed her lips and considered her own interests, her own needs. Tent, boots, dress -- all words. Words were the basis of language... but what words did Khida actually need? She wasn't sure, and she thought they might not be the same as those Gin would use; the two Kelvics were very different.

"Words are good, but I don't know all the words I need," Khida replied matter-of-factly, turning her very direct gaze upon Viper. "If I have questions, I can get more words from anyone. 'What is this', 'who are you', 'where is that'." She paused, thinking for a moment. "And 'yes', to go with no."
Khida
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Limey on February 24th, 2013, 4:02 am

Ginchoeri

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Observation 2 Blinding Rain (Literally)
Viper: Supportive And Sexy
Scraps Of Pavi
Khida: Helping A Friend
Eyes Front, Dude!
To Bond Or Not To Bond?
The Fear Of Falling (For Someone)

Viper

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Observation 1 Gin: A Pleasant Collision
Teaching 1 A Familiar Bird
Playing Teacher
Kelvics: Weird And Wonderful

Khida

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Observation 2 A Bad Day To Fly
Investigation 1 The Value Of Patience
Gin: A Fellow Shifter
Always Cautious
"No"... Well, It's A Start

Shared Lore:
Learning A New Language
Start Small, Work Bigger

Additional Notes :
Not bad, shame it didn't come to anything really substantial. Khida, I'm really growing to love the way you perfectly portray your Kelvic's no-nonsense amorality: she's a predator, after all, what need would she have for social niceties? Viper and Gin... talk about opposites attracting! Hope to see more of your odd little romance in the future.

Any questions or queries, please PM me.
Limey
[Insert G&R Lyrics Here]

Words: 91990
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2013, 10:32 pm
Race: Human
Office

Previous