Closed Unexpected Seas [Shanapar]

Singh and Esha are hanging at the beach when a new...'friend' appears.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

Unexpected Seas [Shanapar]

Postby Singh Re Naphu on February 26th, 2013, 5:05 am

92th of Winter, 512AV

Singh gently tugged her extra loose fitting skirts knot loose and let it pool to her feet. Stepping out of it she set it with her and Esha's things before turning to her sister who appeared to have simply sat in the sand. When Singh moved closer in her bathing suit she noticed that Esha wasn't just sitting, but she was digging... again. "Esha, not again. Your too old for such childish things."

Esha stopped and looked at her. Her eye's big with excitement, " I'm to be married soon. If I want to be childish while I still can, then I shall. And you will except it." Singh sighed and sat beside her sister. Esha took Singh's silence as her surrender and continued to dig with her stick.

After a while Singh got bored and stood. Stretching her taunt muscle's Singh turned to her sister. Moving so she was casting a shadow on Esha, Singh waited until Esha looked up before she grabbed the stick and threw it. Watching as it landed in the water with a nice splash. Singh slowly turned around to see her sister's eye's a child-ish anger. "Now Esha, think reasonably..." Singh trailed off.

When Singh realized her words were getting her no-where Singh kicked some sand Esha and took off running. Behind her she heard sputtering and some angry protests before she heard her sister start to run after her. Esha's identical voice to Singh's calling out, "Singh! That's cheating! Get back here you fiend!"
Regular Text

Singh's Thoughts

Others words

Singh Talking

Esha Talking

Singh Re Naphu
Player

Words: 50349
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2012, 1:04 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Shanapar on March 3rd, 2013, 5:54 am

Shanapar decided to stay away from the crowded beach as he walked along to a more secluded part of the shoreline. He often swam in the river to keep cool on the hot days in the desert, and since the winter season is starting to end, the days in the desert were getting warmer. Today, Shanapar decided to venture to the coast and do a little swimming in the ocean. Maybe later try his hand at bow fishing after he cooled down. When he saw a single palm tree, he decided to set his backpack down under the tree. He took off his black felt wrap, and he tossed it down onto his backpack. He would normally swim naked, but he didn't know how the city dwellers would react to seeing a naked man jumping into the water. He knew city dwellers were touchy about those sort of things. In only his small cloths, he walked into the warm shallow water. He felt the waves roll into him, and he was push back suddenly by the force of the wave. He widened his stance and challenged another wave to face him. The ocean answered his challenge, and he saw a large white capped wave rolling towards him. He braced for the wave the best he could, but the force of the water was to strong. When the wave hit him, it knocked him back into the water.

Realizing he was defeated by the wave, Shanapar laid in the surf and laughed to himself as he looked up into the clear sky. He jumped up onto his feet amd looked at the ocean once more. He jumped into the water, and he used his arms and feet to propel him through the water and the waves. He wasn't the greatest swimmer, but he figured if he stayed by the shore. He would be fine. He dived under the water, and all he could hear was the muffled sound of the waves rolling over him. When he reemerged from the water, he wiped the salt water from his face and brushed back his black hair. When he looked up from the water, he saw a familiar face of a Eypharian woman named Singh running down the beach, but he did a double take when he saw the same face on a different woman. He couldn't help himself from watching the two beauty woman chasing each other like children down the beach. He smiled to himself at this little detail because the last time, she saw him there wasn't a smile of happiness on her face only a look of pure hate.

Shanapar wasn't friends with the woman named Singh at all, but he did promise to help her find her murder. He wondered to himself if this would be a good opportunity to get to know Singh personally before they set out on their blood quest. He had a feeling. He was going to ruin her day, but he figured if she got to know him before the man hunt. It would help them work together better. Walking into waist deep water, Shanapar called out to Singh and waved to her to get their attention, “Hello Singh! Isn't it a beautiful day?” He figured a harmless comment like that one wouldn't hurt anyone, so he waited letting the waves push him into shallower water.
Shanapar
The Wanderer

Words: 40307
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2013, 2:34 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet

Postby Singh Re Naphu on March 4th, 2013, 5:43 am

Esha had almost caught up to Singh but she was no longer cursing Singh but laughing and calling out, "Singh! Singh! Little Singh, I hope you can go longer because I'm in my A-game." And when Singh's foot would get caught in the sand and have her stumble a little bit Esha would then yell, "Come now Singh! Getting a little old? Maybe you should come train with me?"

To which Singh replied, "What, training on how to cook?" Esha was a horrible cook and even though she was getting married she still lacked many of the womanly requirements she would need to have a family.

Singh had just gotten a little more space between her and her glig and was laughing really hard at the sight. Esha had stepped on a crab but only on claw. The other claw had latched onto her toe. Singh had to stop she was laughing so hard when she noticed her name had been called out. And not by her sister.

Singh continued to laugh and smile as her eye's searched for the caller. When her eye's landed on the source her smile started to drift. Her laughs slowly died down and she tried to not let her eye's grow wide. Singh glanced at Esha who had finally gotten the crab off her toe only for it to latch unto her finger, and then back at Shanapar.

Esha didn't know that Singh was going to be leaving. And Singh didn't tell her she was leaving on Esha's honeymoon. Singh didn't tell Esha anything of the encounter. Singh looked back to Shanapar and motioned him to go away but it was too late.

Singh was tackled to the ground and landed on her back with Esha on her stomach. "Ha!" Singh smiled but Esha didn't miss a beat. Esha frowned at her and kept her pinned but slowly turned to Shanapar. Esha's eye's narrowed at the Chaktawe dangerously. "Singh, how does this... thing know your name. And why does he talk so freely. Does he not know his place."

Esha's tone was full of venom and pride. Singh was still slightly frozen. Her sister dealt with the Chaktawe a lot why the sudden change. Singh thought over it and then cursed. Either Esha knew or she was pissed that Shanapar was speaking so freely to Singh. Who's past still haunted her.
Regular Text

Singh's Thoughts

Others words

Singh Talking

Esha Talking

Singh Re Naphu
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Shanapar on March 15th, 2013, 1:38 am

Shanapar's smile faded when he saw Singh's doppelganger reaction to his greeting. He knew he shouldn't have announced his presence to the Eypharian women. Shanapar's black eyes stared at them for a moment than he just shook his head, and he started making his way out of the water. He started thinking to himself, “I really don't need to be belittled today, so I will save myself the trouble and just walk away.” As he walked across the sand toward them, he could tell the angry woman must be Singh's twin. Looking at the Singh and back to her twin, Shanapar said softly to the twin, “Sorry for bothering you two. I just wanted to just say hello, but I take it my presence isn't wanted, so I will leave you to alone.” As Shanapar walked passed them, he said without looking at them, “I am going to attempt to bow fish today. If I happened to shoot one, would you two like to join me for supper?” Shanapar didn't know why he decided to extend a hand to the two women, but for some odd reason, he wanted to get to know Singh. He knew he didn't have to be polite to them, but he didn't want another repeat of the alley. Also the middle of his chest still hurt, and he didn't need anymore decorations carved into his skin.

Luckily, Shanapar's backpack and equipment wasn't far away, so he walked to the pile, and he picked up his sand colored wrap and wrapped it around his waist. He looked over at the two women, and he wondered if any of them ever shot a bow in their life. He knew city dwellers were coddled, but he figured it could be a good skill to learn. Shanapar strapped his quiver on his back and picked up his bow. Looking up at the women, the Chaktawe brushed his black hair from his eyes and he said softly to the twin, “My name is Shanapar the Untamed. What is your name?” Shanapar knew he was going to get a nasty answer, but he figured he needed to know the woman's name if he wanted to get to know Singh. Shanapar let the warm ocean breeze blow his hair as he watched the two women waiting for a response to his questions.
Shanapar
The Wanderer

Character sheet

Postby Singh Re Naphu on March 15th, 2013, 3:21 am

Singh quickly resettled her self and then pushed her sister off her. Earning a glare and a shove back. Esha's attention went back to Shanapar and Singh almost had a panic attack when Esha started to angrily rise as Shanapar spoke again.

Singh quickly jumped and latched unto Esha's arm. Holding her in place. Esha looked at her sister with a betrayed fire in her eyes but it slowly began to fade."Singh, what is the meaning of this." Singh cringed at her sisters tone and went to answer but was interrupted by the unknowing Shanapar.

Singh cringed and watched her sisters face. It went from the calm Singh had gotten it into and then red rage. Singh squeezed her sisters wrist as a reminder. And whispered, "I'm going to have to move on, my glig. And it happened to start with Him."

Esha watched as her sister scanned her twin for any lies or faults. And while Singh had gotten great at lying, Esha would always find her ticks and pick out the lies. Esha slowly nodded her head but never let eye-contact go with her glig.

Singh didn't realize the two had been lost in their internal conversation until Shanapar spoke up again. Both heads turned simultaneously towards him and answered, "Esha Re Naphu." But Esha finished with, "Glig to Singh Re Naphu."

The twins glanced at each other and Singh nodded. Esha sighed and the two turned back to Shanapar, "We'll stay. If you can catch a big enough fish." The two glanced at each other from the corner of their eyes before Esha smirked.

Singh once again found herself pinned but now Esha was rubbing sand onto her exposed chest. Singh let out a gasp and threw her sister off. Ignoring the sting on her chest she quickly rushed behind Shanapar. Giving him a slight push into Esha as she got back up and ran into the water.

"Singh! No using bystanders! It's cheating!" Singh turned to her sister who sat on the ground and gave a toothy grin. "You used him! It was my turn!"
Regular Text

Singh's Thoughts

Others words

Singh Talking

Esha Talking

Singh Re Naphu
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Shanapar on March 17th, 2013, 4:20 am

Shanapar knew Singh's sister wasn't happy about his presence, but he was surprised when Singh reassured her twin to tolerate his presence for the moment. He couldn't help his smile as he watched the twins interacted with each other. It seemed Singh found peace with in the presence of her sister. When Singh's twin told him her name, he gave her a silent nod of respect. He understood Esha was just trying to help his sister, and he was happy the eypharian didn't start to insult him. He didn't want to get into a argument on the beach with the proud women.

Shanapar raised a eyebrow when Esha suddenly pinned her sister Singh, and he couldn't help himself from laughing out loud at the two adults. He crossed arms in amusement. Singh overpowered her sister and threw the woman off her, and she quickly got up and ran behind the large chaktawe. As Esha was standing up, he felt four hands on his back, and he was suddenly pushed into the other eypharian woman. Surprised at the strength of the woman, Shanapar hit the eypharian woman, but he tripped on a his foot and landed face first into the sand. He rolled on his back and started laughing while he was spitting sand out of his mouth.

Shanapar stared in the sky, and he said with a hint of amusement in his voice, “Esha, what is your plan attack if you need assistance? I am willing to help, or I can go try to catch dinner if you want to spend some alone time with your sister...” He still didn't know where he stood with the two woman, so he decided to test the water. Singh didn't seem to worried about him, but he needed to earn the trust of her sister to get to understand Singh. He had a feeling Esha suffered just as much as Singh when the Chaktawe woman took away her brother in law and Singh's baby. Shanapar sat up in the sand and watched the eypharian woman play in the surf. Shanapar could help, but think of his Kia has he sat in the sand, and the happy memories of the day they spent together.
Shanapar
The Wanderer

Character sheet

Postby Singh Re Naphu on March 24th, 2013, 4:49 pm

Singh watched her sister from the water. Singh waded out to the deeper water where she could barley touch the ground and tried to listen to Esha as she talked but she was too far out.

Esha was sitting up in the sand, pouting no doubt, and Shanapar was sitting next to her starring out in the direction of Singh. Then all the sudden Esha was standing and waving her arms. Panic reading over her face. Singh went to turn and see what the problem was but she heard her sister scream at her not to turn and quickly come back to shore.

Singh started to do as her sister said. It was a little bit of a challenge with the current pulling her back out but she felt rushed with all the screaming.

OOCEsha whispered to you to play along. She's faking panic to get Singh out to her... mean but fun.
Regular Text

Singh's Thoughts

Others words

Singh Talking

Esha Talking

Singh Re Naphu
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets