[Verified by Siren] Cirrus

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Cirrus

Postby Cirrus on February 27th, 2013, 11:23 pm

Cirrus

Basic Information
Race: Human, Benshira
Birthday & Age : 87th of Summer, 482 - Thirty years old

Languages
Fluent: Shiber
Basic: Common
Poor: Pavi

Physical Description
Cirrus has intelligent brown eyes that peer up at most people, because most people are taller than him. He is of slender build, and his hair often spends long periods growing out before he shaves it down to stubble. His beard he pays closer attention to, keeping a well-trimmed goatee and moustache as well as a tolerable crop of stubble. He appears agile and walks on his toes more often than not. He seems relaxed and unconcerned and smiles naturally. He has a tattoo of a tree that sprouts from the small of his back and curls around his shoulderblades (seen in background, repeating).

His clothes are simple and mirror the style of his people - he has a headscarf that he wears as a cowl or turban and a brilliantly coloured woollen coat that he wears in cold weather - which is most weather, since he hails from the desert. Besides this, he wears normal travelling clothes wherever he goes. On rare occasion, when formal clothing is provided and required, he will wear items according to the situation such as silks and mohair.

Character Concept
Cirrus is a playful, light-hearted, somewhat shallow individual who does not much care about his own life. His fatalistic view rarely shows through, since it lies at the core of everything he does and to see it would require him to show a totally different personality so the difference can be noticed. This translates into him often being careless with his own life, getting into fights on behalf of people with more to lose and championing stupid causes in the spur of the moment. He also has a fondness of staying up late and rising early, eating more food than he should, exercising for longer and more intensely than he should and generally abusing his body.

He becomes attracted easily, but finds it hard to fall in love due to past experience. He views all relationships as shallower than true love, and doesn't have the patience to stay with someone long enough to find any different. If and when someone wins his heart, he will die defending them, not due to selflessness or good nature but simply due to his wish to die spectacularly before he becomes feeble, geriatric or crippled.

He loves music more than anything else and can spend entire days just idly plucking his lyre's strings. It calms him, soothes him and distracts him and he views being paid to play music with roughly the same attitude as being paid to eat ice cream. This is in no small part due to a life spent playing musical instruments and singing.

He enjoys appearing random and confusing people; this is a great pastime for him and is boundlessly entertaining. This might suggest some deep-set narcissism. Then again, it might just be that he enjoys screwing with people. His core ideals are music, change and travel.

ImageCharacter History
Cirrus was born somewhere in the deserts of Eyktol, between summer and autumn. A superstitious man might say that these conditions defined him; he is laid-back and yet somehow simmers with an inner, summery heat. His parents were strict, keeping him to traditional life and making sure he always stopped work on time, keeping him to the worship of Yahal and the Benshiran way of life. He was raised on the move, his nomadic life helping to shape his outlook of the world as a constantly shifting place filled with obstacles that would come to you if you did not come to them. His childhood was good, growing up with two sisters and a brother who loved him and cared for him, and himself likewise.

His family was part of a troupe of mummers and musicians who travelled the desert, stopping in camps and performing for food as well as the few cities and settlements that were to be found. They did well out of their lot for a time, and in fact were prosperous and healthy; many people came to their troupe and left it while Cirrus was growing up. A huntsman taught him to survive in the desert, his parents taught him to play, a particularly witty bard allowed him the occasional battle of wits here and there to hone his rhetoric. In all, he became a well-rounded performer, and by thirteen he was helping and performing in plays and music.

This life could not last forever, though; by eighteen he noticed a decline in the family funds and a marked rise in difficulty of the life they led. Hard times for the desert peoples brought hard times for the troupe, and they became penniless and stranded in Yahebah. Unable to accept that his life had changed forever, viewing the constant change of his travels, ironically, as the only constant in his life, he split off from his family. His three siblings remained with his parents and opened a street theatre of sorts, and he left the city forever at age twenty-two.

At first he found the going hard; surviving by your wits and a few coins in your pocket was not the ideal way to live, as he had always had the troupe's reserves well at hand. He also missed his family and does to this day. He travelled out of Eyktol and into Cyphrus, wandering the sea of grass for many months until he came across Endrykas and travelled with the city for a time. In time, he came to Riverfall, and there he learned something of riding and the local language, which he quickly forgot, and something in the way of combat with a kukri and chakrams, which he didn't. Growing bored of the infinite grass and constant uncomfortable riding, he rode to the east and entered Sylira. This he found much more interesting, and he has been wandering the region willy-nilly for the best part of seven years.

ImageReligion
Cirrus worships Rauth, after a fashion, because his travelling lifestyle and love of music more or less embodies Rauth's creed. He isn't excessively religious, but he believes that all song is Rauth's song and so sees his daily work as payment to his god even as others are delivering payment to him.

Cirrus is slightly shallow, and likes being admired and having friends. He has a self-defining love of music - it is his livelihood, his great love, his passion and his life. He loves comparing skills with fellow musicians and will often idly harmonise with nearby performing musicians if his lyre is to hand. He loves fine clothing and lodging but detests rich food, as it rarely agrees with him. His favorite colour is pale green. His favorite food is roast chicken. He's never found anything in all his travels that tastes quite like chicken.

Dislikes
Cirrus maintains a slightly rough yet sophisticated appearance and hates it when dirt mars his look. As such, he hates getting dirty (pictured). He isn't at all fond of fighting, preferring to make friends to enemies, and actually feels bad when someone is angry at his no matter how unjustified their position - he just hates being hated. He dislikes exerting power over anyone for the same reason; he feels he is exploiting a willing subject and goes to reasonable lengths to make reparation for all charity.

Goals
Cirrus is out to see as much as he can of the world and then die a quick, spectacular death without making any lasting impact. This view may seem fatalistic; to him, it is the ideal life to lead. Nobody will curse your name if you die unknown - nobody will hurt your family. Never rock the boat and the boat will never capsize.
Last edited by Cirrus on March 1st, 2013, 5:32 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Shiber speech | Common speech | Pavi speech

Others' speech
Cirrus
The Wandering Minstrel

Words: 23597
Joined roleplay: February 27th, 2013, 7:08 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Cirrus

Postby Cirrus on February 28th, 2013, 6:07 pm

Skills

Skill Exp Rank Misc.
Instrument - Lyre 15/100 Novice 15 RB
Rhetoric 10/100 Novice 10 SP
Singing 10/100 Novice 10 SP
Storytelling 10/100 Novice 10 SP
Wilderness Survival - Desert 10/100 Novice 10 SP
Weapon - Dagger 5/100 Novice 5 SP
Weapon - Chakram 5/100 Novice 5 SP

Lores

Chording and Fingering - Lyre
Finding Water in the Desert

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing (Boots, breeches, undergarments, shirt, coat and turban)
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
  1. 1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
  2. Food for a week
  3. 1 eating knife
  4. Flint & Steel
1 Steel Kukri
3 Steel Chakrams
Family Heirloom: A lyre, bought for his birthday many years ago

Housing: 1 large tent (4 person), large tarp, 100 ft of rope, flint & steel, lantern, 2 torches, bedroll, blanket, fishing tackle & hooks, a riding horse (Eyktolian Desertbred), a full set of tack, and a large set of saddlebags.

Ledger

Event Money Recieved/Spent (gm) Total (gm)
Starting Package +100 100
Kukri, Steel -8 92
Chakram x3 -30 62
[/color]

Thread List

Last edited by Cirrus on May 15th, 2013, 11:46 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Others' speech
Cirrus
The Wandering Minstrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Cirrus

Postby Cirrus on March 2nd, 2013, 11:50 am

Q&A

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
Cirrus the Wandering Minstrel, very much at your service.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
Would you like me to? Some people call me Sir or Seer, presumably shortening my name even further.
3. How old are you?
Thirty years, and a half if you want the exact account of it. I'll be thirty-one when Summer meets Autumn.
4. What is your height?
Five foot five, I believe. The last time I had access to a measuring stick was many years ago. Presumably I'd stopped growing by then, though.
5. What is your weight?
Light, I suppose. Show me the scales that can fit a man and I'll tell you exactly.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
Handsome, slender, short and cultured.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
Handsome, slender, short, cultured and exotic, hah.
3. What is your favorite body feature?
I couldn't tell you, exactly. I like women who are curvy with a handful to grab - oh, you mean me. Well, I have a tattoo between my shoulder blades that I'm fond of.
4. How physically fit are you?
Very much so. I walk everywhere and exercise often. My siblings and friends used to say I exercise too much.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
Benshiran, I suppose, with extra layers to help resist this barbaric weather.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
My parents are ex-troupers stranded in Yahebah. Right now they're trying to revive their troupe by performing on the streets. Last I heard, they had shelter, food and water.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
Two sisters and a brother. My brother and I were always at war with our fairer siblings, so much so that our parents eventually had to make the pair of us sleep during the day to keep us apart. Even then, we didn't take to it. The war just got quieter. Those were the days.
3. What is your extended family like?
Far away and of no importance right now. I imagine they're either travelling or resting easy in Yahebah. My uncles, especially, helped out with the troupe. One of them was a juggler, and so were his daughters. They were an act all by themselves.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
My friends are whoever I can trust not to kill me on the road. Functionally, they're more important than family, because whether or not my family want to kill me they're all back in Eyktal.
5. Do you treat animals like family?
Ha! I'd fight to defend my property, animals included, but I'd hardly die for them. Animals are just... animals. Nothing to them. Nothing worth loving or protecting.

Eyktal. I can tell you no closer than that, because I wasn't born in a city. I was born on the road, in a colourful canvas-covered wagon.
2. Where do you live now?
Nowhere, really. I stay wherever I am and live in my tent, or whatever inn I can afford.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
Find me the most beautiful view in Mizahar and sit me there, and I'll never move away.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
I remember once upon a time the troupe came across a rock in the desert. It was cracked in half, but not totally - a slab of it had just split off and lay at an angle from the rest of the rock. Naturally, the children played there. The slab itself disappeared in darkness in a niche beneath the rock, and we were told not to go down because it was dangerous. Heh. So of course I 'accidentally' let go when clambering on the rock and slid down the slab. Turns out that niche was a fifty-foot drop into a massive underground pool. When two caravan guards managed to find a way down, they dragged me back up by my ear, but the children in the troupe spent the rest of the day just sneaking back to that rock and sliding into the water.
5. Where do you fear to be?
A torture chamber? I don't know.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
Not to my knowledge! Perhaps my tattoo scars, though they're incredibly clean.
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
Right-handed, like most people.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
I grew up speaking Shiber, I can also speak Common if I need to. If it's desperate I can speak Pavi with all the eloquence and rhetoric of a mentally challenged toddler. I am relatively soft-spoken, and I have a somewhat flirtatious lilt to my voice. It endears me to the more common class of tavern girl. As for my accent, I suppose I sound like any other Benshiran.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
Well, whenever my lyre is in hand and silent I'll be tuning it. Other than that, I'm chronically flirtatious and always running my hand through my hair to get a feel for its length. Got to keep track of it, I like to keep it at a manageable length.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)?
I have a tree on my back. I have it because I wanted it. It looks nice, I suppose. Adds some mystery.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
Travelling minstrel, storyteller and comedian.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
I love my work. It's the one constant in my ever-changing life and the one thing I'd never change.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
Better at playing music. I'd always like to be better.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
Musician, because music is the best kind of thing.
5. What occupation do you least like? Why?
I hate mercenaries, when they're after me at least.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
Noisy, playful and always challenging anyone over my age who even suggested a course of action I didn't want to do. So terrible.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
I believe I told you.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
The caravan was attacked by a monster when I was seven. My parents wouldn't let me leave the wagon, which worked against my favour when it was overturned and the canvas ripped off to reveal a huge pair of jaws, which then collapsed on the cart and crushed my leg. Thankfully, the leg healed. I later found out that my aunt died in the attack. That wasn't a good day.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
A business transaction. They helped each other to make enough money to keep me alive, and I was expected to help. It was all very... efficient.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?
My uncle, I suppose. He was fun, witty, and he taught me everything I know about, well, everything I know. My parents taught me the basics and my uncle elaborated.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
I was taught how to entertain and travel relatively safely.
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
I'm always willing to learn if the lesson is interesting.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
On the road, in my caravan.
4. How do you learn best?
By performing the action I've been taught and taking to it myself. Besides that, I get bored easily.
5. What are your educational goals for the future?
I pick up knowledge as I go. I don't particularly care about education.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
I suppose I form friendships, and they turn into something more if I know the person long enough. I love my family but rarely do I stay with anyone long enough to love them as much.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
I trust people as much as the next man; I have no reason not to. I've never been betrayed in any big, life-changing way.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
Men and woman alike I have no issue with, but sadly men rarely go to the efforts women do to attract gentlemen like myself. Normally, I find myself with a woman.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
Oh, yes. The first time was my cousin, in the back of a caravan. We were practicing for the future, but I think we always saw something in each other. Had I stayed, we might have married.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
Oh, yes. The first time was with a caravan maid of my age and as awkwardly virgin as I was. We made much noise and gained little. I suppose that's what happens when two people take on a task neither has any experience doing.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
Oh, yes. My first time, I woke up in a lousy bed with an empty purse and a sore head. Much of that night is lost to living memory.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
As often as the next man.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
No preference, so long as it isn't spirits. One of my light build can't hold hard liquor.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
Never, but I have made a point of planning to.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
I've no problem with drugs or alcohol, I find alcohol to be an aid to health, rest and general enjoyment and drugs seem to be the same.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
Music, and travelling. I suppose you could say I live for my hobbies.
2. Do you like to read?
Ha, no.
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
Dense, close-minded people.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
Play music in a quiet, public place.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
Being shown up, talked down, or having my height used against me, like being held at arm's length. I suppose because they mark me as somehow inferior.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
I'm not sure about this one. I think perhaps pale green, or peacock blue, or sandy brown. They all remind me of home.
2. What is your favorite time of day?
Noon. I prefer brightness.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
If I were to select one thing I think it would be like picking a favourite amongst equally beautiful women. I've seen a lot of amazing sights and I don't care to pick one above them all.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
Chicken is my favorite food. Nothing else tastes quite like it. I hate nothing much, but mushrooms are a little slimy for my taste.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?
Sunshine, for the same reason I like noontime. I suppose lightning is a somewhat risky weather to be in, but I'm not afraid of it.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
Neither; I live in the moment with no point of reference to the past or future. Why not live in the day? Why bother living in yesterday?
2. What are your religious views?
I observe a few gods for different reasons. I acknowledge all the known ones, since they all have a presence. They must exist in some form if they change the earth so much.
3. Would you be able to kill?
If I had to. It wouldn't be my finest hour, but I could do it if it meant living to die on my own terms later.
4. What are your views on sex?
It's a lot of fun.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
Living happily and dying readily.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
Worst? I had to kill a horse once for a stage play. That wasn't pleasant. I haven't had any horrible experiences of things I've done myself, though. Best thing? Setting out and leaving my family. They were dead in the water. This way is better.
2. What is your greatest regret?
In a way, leaving my family. But I was just another mouth to feed, I was doing no good. In the end it was best, and I don't overly regret it. I have few regrets.
3. What is your best/worst memory?
I believe we've been over this one.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
I'd be born into the richest family in Mizahar, or born the child of two gods. Then I'd be far more capable than I am.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?
Crossing the grass sea. I almost died several times, but it was very rewarding crossing into Sylira.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
Outright dishonest. I almost never reveal my whole feeling on a situation or person. I just don't tell people my feelings. Actor's instinct, I suppose.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
I will judge people by sight, and think of them as dense or stupid in advance. Those people are doomed to be seen as idiots by me for the rest of their days unless they do something strongly to the contrary.
3. What makes you happy?
Music, and pretty women.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
I'd die for theatricality, if it came to it. I'd love to have a memorable death.
5. What makes you angry?
Being tested beyond reasonable limits, like when someone sets you a goal and then changes it when you've reached it so they don't have to reward you. I hate people like that.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
Well enough, I suppose.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
Erm... my mother? I suppose. I don't have a stock answer to this.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
I respect all of my betters equally.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
An ideal lover... would follow me wherever I went, tend to my needs, watch my back and most important of all teach me something new. Oh, and they'd have to be attractive. As in, outright beautiful.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
If it's in their best interests, I'll trust them to be sensible.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
I avoid conflict, because I can only incense people and know nothing of pacification, and I can't fight to save my life.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
Social situations? I'm a bard, my job is to lead social situations.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
Again, it's my job. I wouldn't do it if I didn't like it. I'm not exactly compelled to stick to a career.
4. Do you care what others think of you?
Very much so. I can't stand being thought badly of. It just makes me feel bad.
5. What do you think of others, in general?
My opinion is different from person to person, based largely on their appearance.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
My dashing charm and wit, I imagine.
2. What is your greatest weakness?
I'm not entirely sure that I have one.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I'd be fabulously rich.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
Extroverted.
5. Are you generally organized or messy?
Messy.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
Rhaus. He stands for my way of life.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
They're all to be feared, I suppose.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
None, sadly.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
I'd live the life he does, since it suits me so well. Emulation is flattery, right?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?
Personal sacrifice of any significant amount, I suppose. I really can't be convinced of the ultimate sense in giving up your life to pleasing someone, no matter how powerful.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
Tourism.
2. What is the best part of life?
The amazing sights to see.
3. What is the best part of death?
How should I know? I haven't died.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
Extremely theatrically. I'd want the circumstances of my death to be bigger news than the death itself.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
For being a good person, I suppose. I'd rather not be remembered.

Others' speech
Cirrus
The Wandering Minstrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets