Flashback City Animals [Kyra]

Nobody lives for ever

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

City Animals [Kyra]

Postby Adam King on October 21st, 2012, 7:55 pm

He looked to her sideways facing down the street after a careful glimpse through the corner of his eye to the tavern.

"Afraid of a bunch of brawly radges with no respect for freedom while my own crew is nowhere near? Why would I be afraid." The light smile marked the sarcasm. He had to be honest. There's bravery when a cause is worth it, and then there's stupidity. He promised he'd always hold his own if facing conflict, but to go looking for the conflict was just dumb.

"Look, Sunberth," - he gestured around- "- shit as it may seem, slavers as there still might be - is a town of freedom. Freedom from any regime that'd be a slave-driver over all, freedom from gods and from mass morality... I just... I just owe it to the city to try to get that thing off your neck - or at least show you to a night of freedom - or something... Anything."

Though smiling, he seemed somehow defeated. He'd never admit it to himself that he too felt enslaved by the power of others around him, be it numbers, muscle, magic or coin. Yet he lived for the nights he felt free. And if he could make a slave feel free, well then there was hope.

"You have to want something."

Adam King
Mouth

Words: 34316
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2012, 10:56 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

City Animals [Kyra]

Postby Kyra on November 29th, 2012, 8:34 pm

Sarcasm wasn't something that she knew about. In her upbringing, facts were facts, things were or they simply were not. That was life, and in the sudden change of things, being ripped away from her family and everything she knew, there was no time for jokes. She only stared at the man, assuming that he spoke the truth, and that he meant his words.
"They are dangerous..I know not of what they will do."

She did have an idea, though one she dared not share with the man with her. Levuk had an eye for money, and as far as she knew, and since he first attained her, he planned to use her for that and only that. Her thoughts trailed away, as the man gestures to the many buildings and shops around them. It was a horrid looking place, nothing like the city that she came from, and with just as much horrid looking people.

This man, however, seemed at home, and unlike Levuk, didn't seem bent on coin or other devious intentions..at least, that's how she saw it for the moment. Still, she had been tasked with a job to do, only now she had been given a possible way out. She was confused now, doubting her own thoughts and between what she wanted to do, and what would be best to do.
"I want...I just want to go home..but..It's no longer possible."
Kyra
Strength is meaning

Words: 516587
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

City Animals [Kyra]

Postby Jester on February 28th, 2013, 12:08 am

Thread Graded!!

Adam :
XP Awarded
  • +3 Observation
  • +2 Rhetoric

Lores Awarded
  • Freedom is Behind the Eyes

Kyra :
XP Awarded
  • +2 Dancing
  • +1 Observation
  • +1 Tracking
  • +1 Intimidation

Lores Awarded
  • Levuk Must Pay

Notes :
  • Shame to see this one abandoned :( I quite liked where it seemed to be going!

"The difference between a jester and a fool is that the jester knows he's a jester"

DISCLAIMER: If you think I have been foolish in grading your thread, don't hesitate to PM me. I am happy to take another look at anything you feel is in error, but keep in mind the other Storytellers and I have final say.

Created by the Wonderful, the Fabulous, the Mysterious, Coltyn!
Jester
Grade Monkey

Words: 19637
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 3:19 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous