Past Lives

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Past Lives

Postby Ayda on February 9th, 2013, 6:40 pm

66th day of Winter 512 av

Ayda was falling through a dark tunnel and, the end of the tunnel was fast approaching. Ayda met the end and beautiful light suddenly encompassed Ayda obscuring his vision. When the light faded he found himself standing on solid ground. He was in His Ethaefal form but possibly more like he was when he was in the celestial realms of Syna. Ayda's horns were larger and he looked like he was more statue than living creature.

Everything in this strange location was covered by dense pale orange clouds, almost to the point were Ayda was incased in it. The Clouds quickly drifted out of existence to reveal that he was on a large sphere in space. Distant galaxies could be seen in the sky and were the only source of light in the other wise cold and dark atmosphere.
"hey, skinny armed freak!" said an obnoxious sounding voice.
Ayda looked around to find the source and was greeted with the sight of his purple skinned Akalak mortal seeming standing only a few feet away. Except something was different about him...he had two heads.
"Brother, is that anyway to greet my future self?" said one of the heads to the other.
"I could say far worse things brother and you know it, I mean look at it...you look like a flat chested ox women, at least if he had some" Said the clearly more blunt of the two heads while gesturing his arms around his chest in a vulgar manner.
"brother....please.." Sighed the more level headed one, who then faced Ayda " My name is Ameso, I am your past life and this is my brother Nevric, please don't be offended by the things that comes out of his mouth."
"fine! just pretend I'm not here...I wish there was some stuff I could kill in this dream...I'm soo freakin' bored" said Nevric with a irritated tone.

Behind the two headed Akalak, some light purple crystals were forming rabidly in a massive cluster. The crystals started to grow like vines twisting into a beautiful staircase that seemed to go on forever.
"Are you ready to see your other past lives Ayda?" said Ameso with a hand gesture towards the staircase.
OocI want this to be the weirdest dream ever, so go crazy. you don't have to have Ameso and Nevric in it if you don't want but if you do remeber that Ameso is a nice guy and Nevic is a loud mouth prick. if you could stick with the meeting my past lives thing that would be nice
Ayda
Androgynous Celestial Being

Words: 37127
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2013, 4:13 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Past Lives

Postby Tatiam on February 19th, 2013, 6:01 am

Elsewhere, drums were yelling. Tatiam found herself lost in the past of her life, a beaten, unwanted child tapping the rock hard floor to the rhythm with her naked feet as she ran. There was one moment when she stopped, eyes drawn to the skies, traces of light melting and dancing in it. It was a beautiful, peaceful sight,... Ah the skies, they let you dream, and hope, that simple color leaving thousands in wonder, like a strange blue mystery...

Would she be part of it, one day...? Eyes shone with marvel, water welling softly in her pale amber eyes, but the child had to keep running. People were angry, hating, wanting her gone, so she had to keep living, for now, and leave.

Tatiam welcomed the cold shadows, it was a convenient place to hide. She wandered its sinuous paths, on and on, safe caverns shielding her presence. A hand traveled along the wall, keeping her bearings as she went on, soon finding herself at the edge. What she saw beneath was a whole cluster of stars and translucent rocks merging and shaping the odd world into... a stairway. Without thinking, Tatiam jumped and clutched her hands around a thick root that was about to plait around it, holding on, climbing up on those stairs desperately. Then she gazed down at the people who looked up, stares meeting.

The young girl was wearing but torn clothes, old, too large for her, standing awkwardly as her muscles ached. But those strangers, they meant no harm, Tatiam knew. A hand reached out to greet the trio, bending space, her smile pure and innocent. "Can I come along?" she asked, "Please." Her voice was insistent, scared, as if nothing good awaited her elsewhere.

And then she saw it, those strange, bright lights dancing in the chaotic cosmos. That's it, she thought. This was the place that she wanted to be. Tatiam welcomed the void surrounding her. It was far, way farther than she'd ever been, foreign even, yet she felt safe, somehow.
Tatiam
Dreamscape artist

Words: 60520
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2013, 9:39 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Past Lives

Postby Ayda on February 26th, 2013, 4:13 am

A young girl seemed to appear on the stairway, as if she had always been there. It was apparent to Ayda, Ameso and Nevric that the raggedly dressed girl wasn't a past life of Ayda but was none the less a welcome visitor...Except to Nevric of course.
"what's with the kid?" sneered Nevric " you don't belong here little girl, go fool around in you own dream"
"Brother...please shut up" Ameso said with authority as turned to his brother with a look of discontent. he then looked back to the girl his expression shifting to a much more pleasant one
"please ignore the other head little girl, he doesn't mean what he says"
"speak for yourself" interjected Nevric
"Anyway! lets continue our journey"

The Three headed up the surreal staircase of vines, when Ayda looked back there was already a much different environment behind him. He saw beautiful flowers decorating the floor below him, they all seemed to vary in size, colour and shape. Ayda intended to walk back down the stairs, but found that the stairs no longer existed. Ayda looked down and it seemed as though he was floating above the flowers but he could feel a solid surface beneath him. Ayda looked up to find that the sky was a beautifully serene pale blue. When Ayda looked in the distance he saw that he was not floating but standing on a reflective surface that stretched out as far as the eye could see.

In front of Ayda, petals from the flowers started flying up like birds through the glass as if it wasn't there. The shifted together into a female Jemoura, one that Ayda knew it was the life he had before he went to the realm of Syna.
Ayda
Androgynous Celestial Being

Words: 37127
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2013, 4:13 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Past Lives

Postby Tatiam on March 5th, 2013, 11:59 pm

Eyes wide, listening silently unlike most children, Tatiam watched the two heads argue. She did not look exactly bothered that one of them wasn't welcoming her around. This was her dream, it was where she had meant to land, away from nightmares and ghosts of her past.

A journey? Well, all dreams were in a sense, so what made this one any more peculiar...? The three men climbed the stairway to her position and further up, and she followed absently, glancing around at the moving scenery. She knelt and reached down to the flowers way below them, under the glass surface they stood on. Her arm would go through, but the young girl's fingers couldn't possibly grab or pluck any flower. It was then that the petals flew up and assembled in front of the celestial. Standing back up on her small feet, Tatiam paced beside the reddish blond man, staring up at the woman that had just appeared. There was something in the man's and woman's eyes that looked alike. Nothing of their features or traits were similar, yet... Tatiam tilted her head, whispering to herself: "Siblings?"

Without wanting to interrupt what was most likely a rare and precious reunion, she turned to the body with two heads, glancing at the kinder and welcoming one. "Can I do that too?" she asked, inquiring about the shifting and moving into a myriad of petals. "There are people that I'd like to meet!" There was an expression in her voice that was too mature and deep to be a child's, despite her innocent enthusiasm. It was the urgency of a mortal to find her answers, the belief that someone older and close to her could help, somehow. Was that why they were here, all of them? Her amber eyes glanced back at the twin souls, envy and curiosity filling her.
Tatiam
Dreamscape artist

Words: 60520
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2013, 9:39 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes