Solo [The Red Diamond Tavern] First Day on the Job

Svasra comes to the Red Diamond for her first day as barmaid

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[The Red Diamond Tavern] First Day on the Job

Postby Svasra on January 30th, 2013, 1:53 am

Svasra Snowsong

"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots."
-Marcus Garvey

Timestamp: 2nd of Winter, 512 AV

It was only a few chimes after mid-day, and Svasra sat at the dining room table as her mother hummed quietly while working. "When you are you supposed to leave, Svasra?" she asked pleasantly, turning to glance at her daughter briefly with a glittering silver gaze.
"Early afternoon, she never specified," Svasra said with a small frown, shrugging. "I suppose I can go now, since I'm paid by day and not hour. The more experience I get before the night rush the better, right?" Minara nodded and squeezed Svasra's shoulder.
"I'm sure you'll be fine," she commented, bending down to kiss Svasra's cheek.
"I hope," Svasra commented as she rose and smiled. Her mother grinned back, and they hugged in farewell. Svasra clung on for a moment more before ducking out of the house, waving once more as she began the walk towards the Tavern.

Outside of the Snowsong Hold the air was crisp and clean, and Svasra drew it deep into her lungs as though the sharp feeling as it whisked down her throat would scatter the worry that made her hum nervously. When would she tell her parents she was leaving? It was only the second day of the season, there was no rush, yet Svasra felt compelled to try and sit them down soon. Would they like to hear it now and be prepared, or would they try to stop her and now they had the whole season to convince her? Otherwise, Svasra could wait until she would leave that very day, bounding off into the wilderness. That sounded dumb even in her brain. Chewing her lip Svasra found worrying over her parents kept the fluttering of a new job at bay until she reached the Tavern.

As it was very early, the normal patrons were absent as she pushed the door open. Svasra smiled pleasantly at anyone she passed, a scant group here or there, the murmur of a meeting going on upstairs. She made her way to the bar where the bartender had his back turned. She waited for a moment until he was done the drinks and turned around with two mugs of ale in hand. "Good afternoon," Svasra said with a bright smile, heaving herself into one of the stools.
"You're here early," the bartender laughed, setting the cups in front of her. "Alright, go to that table there," he continued, gesturing to a table close to the fireplace. Svasra opened her mouth to comment but thought better of it as the bartender raised an eyebrow, simply nodding and moving off.

"Ah, finally!" the male exclaimed, laughing heartily as the drinks were set gently in front of them. "I thought I'd be dead by the time these drinks finally made it here." Svasra only nodded and smiled, moving off again back to the bar. The man fell into an awkward silence and mumbled a thanks as she departed.

Waiting there was the bartender, arms crossed, eyebrows up. "That was a delivery?" he asked with a short laugh. "You're about as stiff as the Icewall Gates!" He continued to chuckle as he cleaned a few cups. Svasra wasn't so amused and threw her hair over her shoulder.
"Alright, Mr Barmaid, teach the newb how to do it then," she scoffed. The bartender seemed delighted at the prospect though and nodded vigorously.
"You'll be a pro by the end of the night," he promised, leaning forwards. "Let's start with social interaction, because, sweetheart, you're lacking."
Svasra
Sit by the fire, and listen to a legend.

Words: 212637
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2013, 9:20 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Svasra on February 2nd, 2013, 8:07 am

Svasra Snowsong

"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots."
-Marcus Garvey

"First of all, you cannot be stiff to the guests," the bartender said as he cleaned out a mug, filled it with some ale and gestured to a table of hunters who seemed to have stopped in for a quick drink. "Give this to them, smile, and engage them in conversation. We want them to come back, not feel like they're being pushed away." Svasra took the mug and frowned slightly, walking over.
"And which one of you lads ordered some ale?" she asked in happy tone, though it sounded too forced to be genuine.
"That would be me, pretty laddie," one of them said, holding up a hand. Svasra nodded and gave the mug over. Alright, now to talk. For a moment she stood there awkwardly, though the men only shifted slightly under her glance and looked to each other. One cleared his throat, and Svasra spurted out something to cover up her floundering.

"Hard at work or hardly working?" she asked, gesturing to the equipment they'd brought in.
"Hardy working, the prey is running slow today," one grunted with a frown.
"Doesn't that mean they should be easier to catch?" Svasra asked innocently, appearing puzzled by the comment. The table erupted into laughter, the man with ale snorting to prevent it from coming out of his mouth. Though she didn't fully understand the mirth, Svasra painted a gracious smile.
"Ah, yes I suppose it should, perhaps we're just unlucky. How about three more ale for the rest of us, eh?"
"My pleasure," Svasra said with a smile, turning away to bring the order to the bartender.

"Four mugs of ale, please," Svasra said to the amused face of the bartender.
"That was good, what did you say?" was all he said in return while he went to draw up the alcohol. Svasra shrugged.
"I'm not sure."
"Well it worked, see how much more fun the job is when you're pleasant?" the bartender said with a twitch of his eyebrow, handing the ales over. "Keep it up."
"I'll try," Svasra said, carrying two of the ales over.

"Now which one is willing to wait for the last?" Svasra asked as she trotted over, smiling.
"If it means you'll wait for me too, I'd be more than willing," one of them snorted, winking at Svasra. The unexpected flirt made her blush and fumble for words while the man only chortled, waving it off.
"You've made the little lady speechless, she must really be enamored."
"Or disgusted."
"HEY!" Svasra only placed the beers in front of two random hunters and scurried off to escape the playful banter than ensued behind her.

When she returned to the bar the bartender frowned down at her. "What happened?" he demanded.
"What do you mean?" Svasra retorted, grabbing the last mug.
"You went completely lock-jaw at a perfect opportunity!"
"What?"
"Do you know what a barmaid is?"
"Of course I do!"
"It means keeping the patrons interested, and being flirty." This made Svasra shift uncomfortably, and she left quickly to deliver the last drink which she placed in front of the man with an awkward smile. He flashed a grin back, though Svasra only blushed more as she ran back to the safety of the bar.
"I don't know how!" she rambled as she approached the bartender.

This brought a surprised look, and the bartender burst out into laughter. "You don't know how to be flirty?!" he chuckled, shaking his head.
"Not so loud!" Svasra snapped with a nervous glance around the room.
"How in the world did you get married to someone, was it arranged?" the bartender asked with a throw of his hands. Svasra froze and her expression fell slightly. She shifted and looked away, shaking her head.
"No, I'm an Icemaiden," she muttered, forehead puckering as she frowned. The bartender paused and looked at her face for a moment before leaning over the bar.
"There's nothing wrong with that," he said quietly, peering at Svasra until she lifted her eyes.
"I know," was all she could respond before shaking her head. "Teach me."
"What?"
"Teach me how to be flirty."
"Alright. First go upstairs to the meeting, and deliver these specials."

Svasra preceded to make three trips in order to deliver all of the plates, smiling at the people, though she didn't interrupt their conversations. Although she was curious what is was about, she stayed out of it and carried on back downstairs where she went off to deliver two mugs of hot chocolate to a couple that stopped in.

"First thing is first, you need to pretend you want them to like you. Not just as friends though, you want them to feel passion for you." The bartender leaned closer, and quirked a grin. "Be professional though, playful, just make them interested and feel like they have some sort of chance."
"How?"
"Compliment, try to turn their comments towards something they didn't mean, but stay playful, aloof and unattainable. People want what they cannot have. Now deliver these waters."

Svasra put on a smile, and the bartender shook his head. "Coy," he commanded. Svasra tried to quirk it and it only made the man laugh. "Nevermind." Shrugging, Svasra walked over with her usual smile, seeing the two males deep in conversation.
"Good afternoon, sirs, here's the water you ordered," Svasra said in a break of the conversation, placing them in front of one.
"Thanks," said one shortly, nodding in a curt manner.
"My pleasure. Is there anything else?"
"No, thanks."
"Are you sure there is nothing I can offer you?" Svasra asked with bat of her eyelashes though the men only stared back with a more condescending expression than anything slightly attracted.
"No," they said firmly in unison, even waving a hand in some sort of dismissal. Svasra scuttled away back to the bar, and was met with another scowl.

"What now?" Svasra sighed, leaning a forehead on the cool wood.
"That was done horridly." Svasra snorted.
"Thanks for the support." The bartender laughed and ruffled Svasra's hair.
"You need to read people. If they seem like they would be more content with a quiet barmaid, you have to give it to them," he said patiently.
"How do you know?"
"When they obviously do not want to talk," the bartender scoffed with a roll of his eyes that Svasra couldn't see.

Svasra looked up and sighed, laughing slightly at herself. "You have the potential, we just need to get you there," the bartender said with a tilted grin. "Don't worry, we're getting there."
Svasra

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Svasra on February 4th, 2013, 2:57 am

Svasra Snowsong

-Marcus Garvey

Svasra was sent off towards another group of customers that wanted a cup of hot chocolate each. She hummed as she walked back to the bar, ordering it quickly. "So what is your name anyways?" Svasra asked as she waited, tapping the bar with her fingers.
"Why do you ask?" the bartender responded, placing the steaming mugs in front of her.
"So I have a name to refer to you in my mind," Svasra chuckled as she picked up two of the mugs.
"I'm on your mind that much, eh?" Svasra rolled her eyes and walked off. She didn't get far though when the bartender called out. "Take the tray for goodness sake's, girl," he scoffed, sliding the tray towards her and nearly knocking the other two mugs off the counter.
". . . Alright," Svasra muttered, picking it up and holding it close as the four mugs wobbled on the tray as she walked.

Svasra made her way over to the group slowly, staring at her feet and the tray the entire time. "Hey, could you take any longer?" one of the females called with an amused tone, the laughter that followed burning Svasra's cheeks.
"Just . . . don't want to burn myself," she replied distractedly, finally making it over to place victoriously on the table. "Better safe than sorry, right?" Svasra continued with a flashing smile, placing each of the mugs in front of the girls and walking back to the bar.

The bartender didn't seem pleased - when did he ever? "What now?" Svasra sighed with a groan, the tray plopping back onto the counter as a few people left.
"You walk slower than my grandmother," he grumbled, shaking his head. "C'mon, you cannot expect to keep customers in the heat of the evening when you're going that slowly."
"Well I didn't want to spill any!" Svasra snapped with a toss of her head, arms crossed over her chest as she glared at the much larger male who only seemed amused by her angry air.
"Carry it high, over the heads, and where it won't be knocked," he explained in his ever patient tone. "That way, you can walk faster."
"Over my head, are you nuts?!" Svasra gaped, taking the tray and lofting it over her head with both hands. "Look how dangerous this looks!"
"Balance it on your palm," he snorted, reaching out to toss away her other hand and shifted it onto the palm of her dominant left hand.
"It will fall," Svasra said with a sour tone.
"Try it." The bartender tossed her two empty mugs to start with.

She collected the coins from the tables, and cleaned it up as the lull in the Tavern before the evening rush stretched out before them. The bartender had said she had about three bells to become a good barmaid, then the evening would begin, and she would be here until it stopped in the wee hours of the morning. This was the best time as ever. The bartender began to clean all the dishes as Svasra finished wiping the tables.
"Alright, now, practice balancing the mugs on that," he called from the bar, and Svasra sighed.

Tossing her hair over her shoulder, Svasra placed two of the empty mugs on her tray and heft it into the air on her palm. Her elbow bent she walked slowly, feeling the mugs wobble above her. "Good," came a voice directly behind her. Squealing, Svasra jerked away, and both mugs came toppling down, narrowly missing her head. A curse from the speaker notified her he was not as lucky.
"Don't do that!" Svasra scolded as she bent to gather the rolling mugs, glaring at the man.
"You cannot scare like that, Svasra, it'll ruin you," the man said with a grin.
"Oh really?"
"Yes, imagine you did that - with full cups - everytime someone decided to comment loudly behind you!" he snorted.
"And how do you plan on fixing that?"
"I'm not sure," he muttered, though by the glint in his eye Svasra knew that was a lie.

She let it slide and lifted the cups up again, beginning to walk. Back straight, Svasra kept an eye on the mugs above. With her eyes away from the ground, she missed the leg of a chair that she had failed to tuck in properly. Needless to say, Svasra - and the cups - were sprawled ungracefully on the ground. The bartender laughed blatantly. "Stop staring at them, they aren't going to run away," he chuckled. Rolling her eyes, Svasra picked herself back up and swept the mugs onto the tray.
"Just wash the dishes," she grumbled.
"Excuse me?" came a condescending voice tinged with the ever-growing amusement he held for Svasra.
"Nothing!" she chimed innocently, beaming a false smile that both of them knew was as false as a doll.

Svasra tried again - what else could she do? - and this time kept her gaze straight. Another stumble and the mugs came down. Groaning, Svasra determinedly picked them up and did it again. And again. And again. It wasn't until she could successfully walk around with the mugs balanced - which took about a quarter of a bell - did the bartender wave her over.

"Alright, Svasra let's move you up."
"Up where?"
"Up tray-holding," he snorted. Taking the cups, he filled them up with water. "Keep going, miss Svasra," he commanded, nodding towards the empty Tavern.
"Fine, Mr . . . Barten!" The bartender frozen and turned to look at Svasra with a raised eyebrow.
"What?"
" . . . Barten, I'm going to call you Barten," Svasra said confidently, nodding.

For a moment, there was silence as the newly named Barten stared at the girl. "Barten," he repeated. He blinked. "Barten . . . " Barten snorted, then chuckled, then shook his head and laughed. "Why Barten?" he managed to cough out in between his mirth.
"Well," Svasra said defensively, "You won't give me your name and you're a bartender . . . so well . . ."
"You shortened it."
"Yes, yes I did," she said with a grin. "Problem?"
"Nope, if I can call you Sivvie," Barten said with a his quirky smile. Svasra rolled her eyes as she nodded assent, moving off to practice with two filled mugs.

She walked back and forth with the water, shifting her weight slightly to compensate for the movement of the liquid inside. Breathing out, and calming herself, Svasra found it easier to sway with the movement of the mugs on top of her tray. "Hey there!"

Cups, water, and Svasra doused the floor. "For the love of Winter," Svasra growled under her breath, shaking the water off her hands and brushing down her apron. A rag was thrown over as Barten chuckled in the background, offering no help as she sopped up the water.
"Don't be so focused on the one task, let your awareness encompass the whole room," he soothed. Svasra responded by lobbing the soggy rag into his face with a snort.

Svasra filled up the mugs again, and did it again, stepping over the legs that Barten would suddenly stretch in front of her, and move out of the way of an empty mug he would toss to impersonate rowdy members of the bar. Svasra breathed out, and allowed her eyes to roam, and her ears to hear. Before when she focused on just keeping her eyes ahead, head straight, and tray up, the surprises would startle her. By letting her other senses expand and take in her surroundings, Barten didn't scare her as much.

"Alright, try with the wine glasses," Barten said a bell later, after a group of patrons left. Another man was sitting near the fire, and a woman at the bar, though they were served now. Svasra nodded and obediently took the wine glass onto her tray. "Put that empty wine bottle beside it," he added, to which Svasra complied. Eyes turned to her as she started walking, carrying it lightly over her head.
"Don't drop it," the man said with a short laugh.
"Where are you walking to?" came the female's voice.
"I'm not sure, just around," Svasra responded, turning and moving around the tables. The woman got up and walked in front of Svasra, forcing her to stop suddenly. She turned and grinned. Svasra snorted and kept walking. The man jerked her shirt when she brushed past, making her stop, the wine glasses wobbling precariously until she straightened them. She didn't turn away, just brushing a hand over her skirt-apron and continuing.

"SVASRA! DUCK!" Svasra yelped, and backpedaled, at least in a frame of mind not to drop to the ground with the glass on her tray. The sharp movement jerked it anyways though, and the wine bottle fell over, knocking into the glass with a harsh sound as it toppled over the side. Only the reaction time of Barten behind her, tensed as he expected it, stopped the glass from crashing into the ground. "Still too tense," he commented, lifting the glass off to right everything. Svasra frowned at him.

"The evening rush will be starting soon, get yourself cleaned up, and get ready for a Southern Summer," Barten said with a sharp nod.
"Southern Summer," Svasra muttered with a snort, cleaning up anything that needed to be and taking the tips and payment off the tables.
Svasra

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Svasra on February 8th, 2013, 5:21 pm

Svasra waited with Barten behind the bar as they braced themselves for the hectic time of the evening rush. Another barmaid appeared just in time as they normally had at least two to work for the bulk of the night. Tavnie was a thin woman, with high cheekbones and a gaze that made Svasra feel naked. She was kind though, and quick to laugh, able to draw the attention of men like a moth to flame. Barten whispered to study from her while she worked.

Svasra took a breath as the first group came in, rowdy already, and loud as they pulled back the chairs and threw themselves down on it. Tavnie took care of them, moving with a sway of hips and twirl of the tray. She was like a dancer moving around the crowd, enticing each with a sly smile or a gentle arch of a perfect eyebrow. Svasra watched closely, tilting her hips a tad in an attempt to mirror Tavnie's attitude.

The next group was hers, and Svasra moved to collect their orders. Balancing the hot chocolate on her tray, she made her way over, able to keep it closer to her side as the Tavern had many seats yet to be filled. As she was placing them on them, more people filed in to settle by the fire. Tavnie rushed to help them, while Svasra whirled away to another group that had followed close behind.

The Tavern filled quickly, almost faster than Svasra imagined it could. From a slow, dreary atmosphere to one lively and full of laughter and boisterous remarks. She didn't know how Barten managed to keep up with the orders, put they flew out faster than Svasra and Tavnie combined could run. It was one table to the next, take a breath, be hailed over somewhere else, take another order. Grab the money off the table before someone else did, wipe down, run back. It was a lot of work. And time. Energy. Svasra found herself not comfortable within the atmosphere of the Tavern now that she was one of the people serving, only finding it hectic, loud, and . . . overwhelming.

Svasra slumped against the bar with a deep breath, shuddering when she heard "Hey, barmaid!" being called again.
"You gotta keep going, Sivvie," Barten's firm voice said, moving her elbow off the bar. Looking up she shook her head.
"How? How do you not freak out when this many people need you?" she asked quietly. The call became more urgent before Tavnie quickened herself and made it over. Making note to thank the woman after, Svasra looked to the displeased bartender.
"You don't let it overwhelm you. Make a list in your mind, one step at a time, and honey," he tapped Svasra's forehead with his finger, "Try not to spill anything."

With that advice in mind, Svasra had no choice but to throw herself back into the fray. Whenever she felt anxiety rising, she took a breath, put it in perspective, and did the next thing that needed to be done.

A couple bells had passed and the dinner rush was over, now people coming in for a night of drinking and storytelling. It was now that Svasra often came to the Tavern to take advantage of drunk men with heavy purses, though tonight she was lucky if they even remembered to leave enough money to cover their costs.

One particular incidence was a man had risen to leave, and Svasra moved to take his empty mug and the money that was traditionally left underneath so it wasn't as 'out in the open'. Most of the time people just threw the money down and ran out, though the more sober ones kept the attempt of keeping down temptation to steal from the bar.

When she picked up this one though, nothing lay underneath. A quick check showed no mizas had rolled onto the floor, nor were they even left on the seat. Svasra glanced up to see the man disappearing beyond the door and waved to Tavnie, gesturing she was leaving. The woman seemed confused, but nodded in acknowledgement, as both were too far away from each other to explain.

Svasra left quickly, and plunged into the chilly outdoors that had gotten even colder as night settled in. The man was walking slowly and she quickly caught up, clearing her throat. "Sir? Sir, you forgot to pay your bill," she chimed.

The man turned with a grunt, causing Svasra to almost run into him, though her quick back-pedaling made her come to a stop a polite distance away. He looked down to her skinny frame and snorted, shaking his head. "You must have just missed it, lassie," he grumbled.
"I assure you I did not, and at the Tavern we ask you to pay for the food given," she said firmly, crossing her arms as she straightened her back in an attempt to appear more imposing. The man only looked amused, and quirked an eyebrow. For a chime they stayed that way, stare to stare, both trying to make the other give.

"Say, little lassie, what if we had a bit of a riddle?" the man said with a grin.
"I will not play for pay, Sir," Svasra said calmly, "I do not wish to involve the Icewatch, but the Tavern will receive it's full pay."
"Not much of a sense of humor," he grumbled.
"Because I do not find stealing funny," Svasra was quick to interject.
"Stealing!" Svasra nodded with a narrowed gaze. The little thefts of the young ones often went unnoticed, or unacknowledged, marked off as growing up - living with the sense of whatever it gave you. To her, it was something different. This was a man who should know better, though. Should. "I might have just forgotten and here I am being blamed of stealing!"
"Sir, with all do respect, it is hard to 'forget' to pay when you had just finished a meal, and the Tavern is busy. I need to return soon."
"I could just walk away," he commented absently, reaching his hand inside his cloak.
"I could just scream for help," Svasra responded. The man snorted, and drew out his purse.
"You're determined, I'll give you that," he said as he dropped a couple coins into her palm.
"I hope this is your first offense, Sir," came her stiff voice.
"Of course it is, didn't go too well did it?" Before she could reply though, he had begun to walk off, whistling gaily. Her gaze watched him for a moment, and tried to remember his face. Was that his first attempt? Svasra took note to ask the others and watch him more closely when he came in, as she walked back inside.

The stirring of trouble wafted on the horizon, and people began to wonder if some actions were really all that bad.
Svasra

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Svasra on February 28th, 2013, 4:19 am

Somehow, Svasra was still alive. She thought that with every new group, or new round of drinks, she would simply fall over and not be able to deal with it. It seemed appealing at some points, she had to admit. Managing to carry the tray was no easy task and there was one time . . .

It was only a bell after she confronted the man who had tried to walk out during the distraction of the servers, and Svasra was feeling quite confident. She managed not to spill anything onto the heads of patrons, through often the tray was pooled with a nice amount of whatever liquid she carried. She felt herself begin to sway with the movement of the crowd, and shift in the direction of the jostling more smoothly. Being too confident though, definitely had it's downfall.

As Svasra began to make her way to the bar, she carried a dirty dish of the Night's Special. The woman had picked a bit at it, then left, leaving the coins underneath the platter. Svasra hummed lightly as she walked, keeping the tray high as she wormed her way through the patrons. Her feet went smoothly, subconsciously reaching out while brushing the floor to detect anything that might trip her. She was almost there when a noise distracted her. Normally, she wouldn't allow anything to look away from her destination and keep an eye on the floor, but Svasra knew everything was going well and she already noticed no one was in her direct path. Seeing two males begin to arm-wrestle, Svasra had to stile an amused laugh, shaking her head lightly.

It was then that her foot caught on a chair leg. She should have seen it, in all reality, but she wasn't paying attention. Foot slipping, and absent cry escaping her lips, Svasra threw her hands out in an attempt to stop herself. The tray slid off and the plate tumbled to follow suit. While a patron close enough to reach out was able to grab her waist and keep her up awkwardly until she was able to get her feet back underneath, the plate was not so lucky. It launched right into his chest nicely, sliding a bit to add to the effect.

Svasra looked up meekly to the man who stared in shock, his front running with cooking oils and sauce, with bits of food pooling in his lap. " . . . I am so sorry, Sir," she whispered, picking up the plate. "I-I can grab you a cloth," she added. The man looked to the mess on him, then to the young Vantha woman with a wide gaze.
"This was one of my better shirts," he commented in a monotone.
"I can pay for its replacement if the stains will not come out," Svasra had offered desperately, her cheeks hot with embarrassment. Though the Tavern stayed loud and active, Svasra felt like it was only the two of them locked into this world of horrible mistakes.
"A cloth would be nice to start with," he finally breathed out with a small smile. "And a large mug of ale."
"Yes'sir." Svasra practically raced the rest of the way, plate in one hand, tray under her arm, rushing around the bar to search for a decent cloth.

"What did you do this time?" Barten asked as he prepared a drink for Tavnie's order.
"Uh ..." Svasra hesitated as she rummaged, wincing slightly.
"What?" Barten asked, in a sharper tone as concern etched his expression.
"I ... kinda spilled some left-over food all over this one guy," Svasra had said in a rush as she hurried back out while Barten burst into laughter behind her.

Cheeks burning, Svasra was quick to offer the man a replacement - which he said he would contact her if need be - and did buy him a drink for her foolish slip-up.

With that behind her, Svasra breathed out slowly as the place began to wind down for the night. With smaller groups that needed to be taken care of, Svasra found their orders much easier to remember, though their small menu was generally straight-forward. Matching order to face though was increasingly difficult as the people multiplied.

"We're almost done, Sivvie," Barten said as he cleaned out a cup. At this point, Huzak came out, smiling.
"I would say stay back, but it was your first day. Apart from spilling food on someone, I would say it was quite successful. You managed it well, even when you were overwhelmed. Go home, Svasra, and take some rest. You deserve it." With that being said, the woman called Tavnie over to help clean up the Tavern while waiting for the change in shift.
"Are you sure?" Svasra interrupted hesitantly, hand already straying towards a clean cloth to help with.
"You won't be going home so early again, Sivvie, take it while it's up for grabs," Barten snorted as he nodded towards the door.

Svasra looked between both of the people who tended the bar, though she only received a smile in return. Nodding, Svasra left with a sigh of gratitude. It would definitely take some getting used to, keeping up with everything, but Svasra found it very enjoyable once she got into the swing of things. The action kept her on her feet and alert, while the familiar atmosphere helped make it less overwhelming. Feet sore, and head tired, Svasra walked slowly home, singing a jaunty tune in celebration of a job-well-done:

"The Spring will soon come
Once Winter is done
The Fall has passed
And Summer was fun

The snow will fall
To the tune of our song
While we raise our voices
To the days growing long

Our Goddess is coming
Back to her children, woman and men
She brings the snows on her hands
Our beloved Morwen . . .
"
Svasra

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noblesse on March 8th, 2013, 2:51 am

Svasra Snowsong :
Experience:
  • Observation +5
  • Seduction +2
  • Persuasion +1
  • Acrobatics +3
  • Singing +1

Lores:
  • Barten, As In Bartender
  • Making A Dine-and-Dasher Pay For His Food
  • Messing Up On Your First Day At Work
  • The Tavern From A Barmaid's Perspective
  • I'm An Icemaiden

Other:
Ledger: -4 cm for the mug of ale

Notes:
This is a wonderful job thead! I must say that I seriously love this. I love how fluid your words and ideas flow from paragraph to paragraph, all throughout the thread. I most especially like how you kept things realistic: Svasra falling down and messing up here and there really is funny. You showed another side to a tavern setting very well, and now every time I write my PC visiting the tavern I can't help but think of the barmaids whirling around the place. I awarded the points in acrobatics for Svasra's efforts in balancing the tray and evading obstacles, and the points in seduction for trying to learn how to be more flirty. The others are self-explanatory, I hope.

The only thing I found off here was the presence of wine and wine bottles itself. Grapes are very hard to grow within the city, and the Vantha do not see it as much of a commodity to import, so they usually settle for drinks such as ale. Not to worry, 'tis only a minor boo-boo. You had made an otherwise plain job thread into an interesting learning experience for your character. Keep up the great work!

True nobility lies in being superior to your former self
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. Heehee.
Noblesse
Let them eat flavored snow!

Words: 181013
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2013, 5:29 pm
Race: Staff account
Office