Empty Bellies (Aiken)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Empty Bellies (Aiken)

Postby Trovian on June 8th, 2010, 9:01 pm

Late Afternoon, 19 Summer, 510AV

Trovian made his way through the crowds of Syliras, scanning the signs hanging outside the buildings. Looking up the street his eyes finally found what he was looking for. The sign was large and red, with a white stallion immaculately drawn upon it. The sign swayed slightly in the gentle breeze as Trovian approached with Shadow following closely behind. He looked over his shoulder, making sure his friend was following, stopping for a second to allow him to catch up.
Trovian
Player

Words: 7717
Joined roleplay: June 6th, 2010, 7:14 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Empty Bellies (Aiken)

Postby Aiken on June 8th, 2010, 9:24 pm

Aiken watched the crowd closely, trying to understand what made normal two-legs work the way they did. He didn't understand it all, why they did the things they did, why they dressed, worked. It seemed pointless to him, who could just run through the forest for a few hours and catch a few rabbits or take down a deer. Hell, even a bear seemed less of a challenge than living a life of boring monotony, trying to honor your respective gods and keep yourself from going insane in the maddening social structure and politics.

He put his nose in the air as they got close. "Smells good. I'm guessing that's it, right?" He pointed to the sign with the horse on it, assuming it meant 'Rearing Stallion.'
Aiken
Player

Words: 33294
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 3:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Empty Bellies (Aiken)

Postby Trovian on June 8th, 2010, 9:44 pm

Trovian waited for him to catch up and get a little closer, the spoke.

'Indeed, that is the name. It is a fine establishment, or so I hear. We will find good food there.'

Trovian started walking again towards The Rearing Stallion. As he neared, he cut off down a side alley quickly, leading Shadow as he did, following it along until he found the stables where he could leave Shadow. Shadow looked wary, and annoyed at being left here, but Trovian soothed him with a gentle scratch behind the ear.

When he had settled Shadow down, he returned to the front of the building and smiled at Aiken.

'I hope you're hungry!'
Trovian
Player

Character sheet

Empty Bellies (Aiken)

Postby Aiken on June 8th, 2010, 9:59 pm

"I am. Its been a few days since my last meal." He looked to the door, and then back to Trovian, unsure of what to do. He saw people go into these places all the time, but never took the chance to enter one himself.

"After you, I suppose."
Aiken
Player

Character sheet

Empty Bellies (Aiken)

Postby Trovian on June 8th, 2010, 10:35 pm

Trovian took the lead, opening the door to the tavern, holding it open for Aiken. When inside, he was greeted by the mixed smells of a wood fire, ale, and food being cooked and prepared. The place seemed cosy enough, with a low murmur from the other patrons, talking about recent happenings, the weather and snippets of gossip, overheard as he walked past, approaching the bar.

He looked at the menu, attached to the wall behind the bar:

Ale
Mug 1 sm
Gallon 2 sm
* Inquire for what is in stock

Beer
Mug 2 sm
Gallon 4 sm
* House has both pale and dark beers.

Meals
4 sm Breakfast
5 sm Lunch
6 sm Dinner
*Meals are House Specials. No choice, its just whatever the House has cooked for the day
Wine
Glass 1 gm
Bottle 10 gm
* Inquire for what is in stock.

He stood, thinking for a moment, pondering what to have.
Trovian
Player

Character sheet

Empty Bellies (Aiken)

Postby Aiken on June 8th, 2010, 10:49 pm

Aiken looked at the menu himself, and was glad it wasn't covered in complex words he wouldn't understand. Gladly, he did, and he figured whatever was for dinner had to have meat in it. He looked down to the coin in his hand, and decided to order a mug of beer to go with it. He would wait for Trovian to order, and hope that he could copy it without anything awkward happening.
Aiken
Player

Character sheet

Empty Bellies (Aiken)

Postby Trovian on June 10th, 2010, 6:28 am

When Trovian was ready, he spoke up, attracting the attention of the barman and making his order. When the barman finally got round to him, he placed his order.

'I shall have a dinner and a mug of pale ale please my friend.'

He tossed a gold coin on to the counter, receiving 2 Silver Mizas back as change. He the looked to Aiken, seemingly ready to place his order. His ale was poured and on the bar, then the barman turned to Aiken.
Trovian
Player

Character sheet

Empty Bellies (Aiken)

Postby Aiken on June 10th, 2010, 12:23 pm

"Dinner and a mug of dark beer please." He put his coin on the bar to get two back as well. Not to hard, all in all.

"Well, that wasn't to bad. First time in a tavern for this one. Though, that's not to say I've not had a drink or two before." He watched as his beer was poured out, the dark amber filling the mug with a frothy topping. In reality, he'd only ever had a drink once, and he didn't get very far in the process before he decided to stop to avoid being drunk.
Aiken
Player

Character sheet