Question: Kelvic Age

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Scarlet Evony on March 19th, 2013, 6:25 pm

If a Kelvic matures sexually (Say, a dog for instance in a few years) does the human form also gain more advanced learning capabilities, or would it ridiculously seem that a mature Kelvic has the mental age of a 5 year old? It wasn't something I couldn't really get an answer out of the Lore (Maybe I just missed it) but I would really appreciate a response. Thanks
Scarlet Evony
Player

Words: 53274
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2013, 2:27 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Verilian on March 19th, 2013, 9:59 pm

It depends. Kelvics are very fast learners, but only if they are taught. If there is nobody to teach them how to behave like anything other than a 5 year old dog, then they wont. But if they have someone teaching them how to behave the age that they appear, they catch on pretty quickly. It all depends on what they are introduced to, and how.

A 5 year old kelvic probably isn't going to know advanced calculus, but he/she should be able to speak just fine and will usually understand basic stuff about whatever civilization they are any. Any advanced learning such as math, history, reading and writing, and even complex things like understanding Mizas depends on if their master wants them to know that.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)