Greetings and Well Met

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Greetings and Well Met

Postby Erik on March 22nd, 2013, 1:06 am

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
Not sure I want to share that. Not that I think you people are untrustworthy or anything. Call me paranoid. I'll tell you I'm from Virginia, am eighteen years old and leave it there.
2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
Next to none, however since I write short stories regularly and often build worlds of my own on whims I think I should pick this up rather easily.
3. How did you find us?
Gained an interest in so called RP sites. Typed in top sites. This was on the top of the list. Lurked for awhile before deciding to make an account.
4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
I guess I'll find out.
5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
You just opened Pandora's Box. I mostly enjoy writing about this with mature themes, usually involving more psychological conflict in a character than external conflict. I enjoy world creation, creating histories and cultures for new and unique races, and conflicts covered in shades of black and grey. Genre wise I enjoy Sci-Fy, Fantasy, and Crime.
6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
Glad you asked! I like the originality and the break away from the stagnation that seems to have gripped my beloved fantasy genre. It is a rare thing to see now days, sadly enough.
7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
Hmm... if I had to say it would probably be the limited fleshing out of the skill system. A more technical problem but one I noticed after a long examination of the skill list. I'm sure that it will be expanded upon at some point, it was just a little annoying.
8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
Hopefully something to pass away the time constructively and to improve my writing. I personally hate everything I write and it is not unheard of for me to write a two hundred page draft, look over it in horror, then throw it out crying out that it is absolute garbage despite others telling me that it is fine. Maybe this site will cure me of that as I can't delete everything I post.
9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
The skill system, as mentioned above. Also the gnosis marks of the gods, though I suspect that is also under contruction as well.
10. Anything else you want to talk about?
I'll be blunt, I tend to speak my mind in a straight forward fashion. I try to avoid hurting people's feelings but I will inform them I something needs work or improvement. That said I also would expect the same of others as I despise mindless praise with a burning passion. If I suck, then please tell me to my face, (theoretically speaking of course) and suggest ways I can improve. Other than that I look forward to learning the ropes and writing with you all.
Last edited by Erik on March 22nd, 2013, 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experiance, which is bitterest.

~Confucius
Erik
Player

Words: 14487
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2013, 12:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Greetings and Well Met

Postby Cait Scarlett Frostfawn on March 22nd, 2013, 1:12 am

Good to meet you. I am new myself, and much like you I had been lurking around Mizahar for quite some time before registering.

Either way, It is good to meet a fellow lurker, :ninja:

-Cait
Cait Scarlett Frostfawn
Battle not with monsters, lest you become one

Words: 6367
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2013, 4:32 pm
Race: Human, Vantha

Greetings and Well Met

Postby Erik on March 22nd, 2013, 1:17 am

Pleased to meet you as well, sir/madame. Good to know I'm not the only one who lurked about on the forum and lore page. I figured it was probably a good idea to research what I was getting into before jumping in.
By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experiance, which is bitterest.

~Confucius
Erik
Player

Words: 14487
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2013, 12:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets