[Note by Capricious] N'ivae

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

N'ivae

Postby N'ivae on April 8th, 2013, 3:20 am

N'ivae

Race: Konti
Birthday: 53th, Autumn, AV 490.
Height 5' 0"
Weight 106 lbs.
Nicknames Nia, Vae

On the Outside

N'ivae's hair is just that of a Konti woman's: snow white. It's length reaches past her lower back, brushing against her bottom, pin-straight. It is usually worn like that, with a few thin braids interwoven in the mass of hair, usually seen with sparkling, colorful beads hanging from the tied ends. Her mother's pearl-colored bone comb, bejeweled with a flourish of black pearls can sometimes be seen tucked into the left side of her hair, holding her bangs away from her face. When she's working, she usually wears her hair tied up in a long, sleek ponytail, or even a messy top bun if time is of the essence. For festivals or celebrations, she takes the time to curl her normally straight hair, using tiny pieces of cloth to roll her hair and create a sea of waves throughout her hair. She skips the small braids and goes for full out decoration, weaving ribbons and more beads through the strands. Big, innocent blue eyes framed with long, child-like lashes peek out from her stark white bangs, sparkling. A few freckles cover her pale nose and spread out to the tops of her cheeks. Sometimes, when she smiles big and genuinely, you can see a small dimple form in her left cheek.

In between the spaces of her fingers and toes, a small stretch of skin creates her webbed appendages. The light, almost translucent white is nearly invisible unless she clearly spreads her hands for all to see. Her scales are white as well, though iridescent in tone. They shimmer with pink and blue hues mostly, whenever the sun or the light of a room hits them the right way. The biggest patch of them is in the small of her back, clustered together until the trail out. They thin out around her shoulder and hip area, spiraling, and then trail lightly along the sides of her arms and legs, tapering out until they look to be speckles on her skin. Some lead down all the way along her fingers and toes, however, giving her an almost elegant look. The scales can be found near her temples as well, but are cleverly hidden beneath her frame of hair.

Like her race, N'ivae is very petite, looking more like a childish figure than a twenty-two year old woman. For the Konti, however, she is a young one, but she won't grow much anymore. Because of her slender body and short height, many would not count on her being a knowledgeable woman, and most certainly not a wonderful medic. Though her wrists and arms are slender and fragile looking, you can see the muscles in them when she twists. Her legs, though small, are also strong in their nature, holding her ground steady and giving her already lithe body another advantage in speed. Being small is not a disadvantage for N'ivae, and never has been, as it has always allowed her to get by unnoticed and to get to an emergency faster.

If you look close enough, hidden by her mane of hair and tucked behind one of her delicate ears, you'll find her Gnosis mark, the mark of Avalis and her gift of sight. It's in the form of a beautiful, stylized lily like flower, as all marks of the Seer's Lily are.

On the Inside

One of the most prominent features of N'ivae's personality that one will find is, as her Konti nature, that she is very quiet and reserved. She is not one to speak first in a crowd of silent people, and she definitely is not one to be in a crowd of people in general (friends or not friends). Most of the time, just being around someone is enough for her. There doesn't need to be a lot of talking, and if there is, quiet chatter or sometimes even a bit of emotional talk is good for her. But she does have a need for physical touch, and being around people, though not in a flirtatious or sexual way at all. N'ivae, like all Konti, does crave romance and a need for a man in her life, but that doesn't mean she will go out of her way to look for one or seek one out, like some of her kind do. She would rather stick to a few friends and be alone her life than actively put herself on the market. N'ivae is too shy for something like that.

However, one of her worst fears is to be alone for the rest of her life. Two hundred years without a steady husband, a companion, a lover; that's a lot to deal with. N'ivae knows that it's quite rare to find a man willing to marry a Konti, as they only produce female Konti's with almost no genes of the father, so she knows it's a lot to ask for. But still, this cannot rationalize her fear of being without a lover.

N'ivae is a deeply caring creature. She has her outside kindness, for everyone and their problems, but inside she also has this burning need to save the entire world. This can be seen as a major pro, but also a major con. She puts her everything into helping people, sometimes to the point that it becomes a burden to her, but she doesn't ever care. If she can help someone, or save someone, she will. She'll do everything in her power to. Another big flaw of hers is she sees the good in everyone, and even if the person has hurt her or broken her trust before, she'll help them. She believes that everyone deserves a second chance. And a third. And a fourth. N'ivae believes that there is no good and evil, specifically, but there are shades of gray. A villain doesn't see himself as evil, right? That's how she thinks, and if she could, she would take every "bad guy" under her wing and help them solve their problems with peace, instead of violence.

Being very big on peace and lesser on violence, she has a diplomatic way of thinking and speaking to get herself out of trouble. And sometimes, (many times) into it as well. If she could change the world in any way, she would get rid of violence forever, as she views is as never being the answer. She'd rather have a verbal fight than a physical one. Knowledge over power has always been the way with her, and she would like it to stay that way, as she has never fought a single person, and has never killed. It would devastate her, body and soul, if it ever came down to that extreme.

History

N'ivae was born to a newly escaped Konti slave who died only minutes after she had given birth to her lovely baby girl. Her mother, she knew, had run from the slave shack she had been bound to in order to give birth where her baby could be free. She was taken in by the midwife that birthed her, an Inarta woman who lived in the depths of Riverfall. That is where N'ivae grew up. She was very much Konti and very much out of place in the city, and she was bullied at a young age. So, to avoid teasing, she was schooled by her "aunt" and focused on medicine and her gift of sight. Years of being closed off form a society gave her time to develop a sight that would show her one of the greatest things she could've asked for: the gift of seeing a person who would be born, and a person who would die, before it would happen.

Though she learned not to rely on her visions all the time, these particular ones came in handy many times. Being a medicine woman, just as her aunt, it was great to be able to know when someone was deathly ill or a new child was going to be born, although the time frame was never exact. She could always get a feel of when such an event would happen, exactly how she could know the weather, and was always prepared in time. However, sometimes, she would not get a vision or a vision would be wrong, and people would sometimes blame her for the deaths of their loved ones. This made N'ivae even more reserved.

But, as time went on and she learned how to control her powers even more, the visions got clearer and more frequent. They were more accurate. However, this took a toll on the young girl, and she would get sickly easily, and sometimes be on the verge of death if a vision was too strong for her. Finally, when it became too much for her body to handle anymore and she became frail at the age of fifteen, her aunt took her from the village, traveled back to N'ivae's homeland, (a very dangerous journey) and they stayed in her land for a few years to help the young Konti regain her strength. It was helpful, and soon she was sane once again, and healthy as well. Her visions were still strong and clear, but they were easier to handle. Soon, they planned to head back to Riverfall, where their small house still waited for them.

When N'ivae turned nineteen and they were ready to make the journey back, her aunt suddenly died of a disease that had been going around the village, and she was put to rest there. N'ivae was adamant in taking her back to her hometown to be buried, but it could not be done. So, for another season, she stayed in Mura, mourning the loss of her aunt that her visions could not foresee. Every day, she blamed herself for not being able to predict it, and she swore she would focus her studies once again on medicine and her sight, so that it would not happen again. When she finally turned twenty, she made the long, hard journey back to Riverfall, without her aunt.

Though it was tragic, N'ivae knew that the people of her city needed help, so with her aunt's memory in her mind, she cracked down on her duties and claimed her aunt's title of resident medicine woman, though it was a hard title to claim. Not just in her skill, but in her heart, too. It was hard to accept. But, she did, and she kept on healing the people. Once her aunt passed, however, she had to turn it in in exchange for a tent, as she couldn't afford to uphold it any longer.

But her main goals of finding where she fits in, and a lover on top of that, is still a long road ahead, and this she knows. Without her aunt, life will be much harder, but she is sure she can accomplish much, even without a parental figure in place now.

Skills

Skill
Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Medicine 10 RB 20 SP 30 Competent
Divination 20 SP 20 Novice
Riding 10 SP 10 Novice

Gnosis
Sight, Mark of Avalis (1)

Languages
Common (Fluent)
Kontinese (Basic)
Tukant (Poor)

Lore
Lore of Religion: Avalis
Lore of Making Herbal Medicines

Possessions

Items
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack
Comb (Wood)
Brush (Wood)
Soap
Razor
Balanced Rations
1 eating knife
Flint & Steel
Heirloom: Her mother's beautiful pearl-colored bone comb.

Clothing
Simple Shirt (cream)
Simple Pants (brown)
Simple Undergarments (Off-white)
Simple Cloak (Black)
Simple Boots (Brown)

Weapons
N/A

Housing
1 large tent (4 person)
Large tarp
100 ft. of rope
Flint & Steel
Lantern
2 torches
Bedroll
Blanket
Fishing tackle & hooks
Full set of tack
Large set of saddlebags

Companions

Aleah, a Gilding horse.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM

Thread List

Last edited by N'ivae on April 22nd, 2013, 3:05 am, edited 9 times in total.
N'ivae
I breed birth and death.

Words: 12591
Joined roleplay: April 7th, 2013, 11:06 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

N'ivae

Postby N'ivae on April 8th, 2013, 3:32 am

N'ivae's Question & Answer

In progress.

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
My name is N'ivae. Nice to meet you.

2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
Some people call me Nia, which is the most common. Vae, too, sometimes.

3. How old are you?
I am currently twenty-two years old.

4. What is your height?
Approximately 5' 0".

5. What is your weight?
About 108 lbs.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
I know that I'm very quiet, and that I usually avoid conflicts of any type, even if good. I view myself kind of like a turtle, in a way. I like to stay where I am comfortable, but once I trust you, I can be somewhat talkative.

2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
I think people mostly see me as submissive, which I am. I'm quiet, shy, and sometimes that leads them to believe I'll take their crap. But, I guess they don't know me that well, then.

3. What is your favorite body feature?
Though some say they aren't attractive, my scales are my favorite part. I think they're so beautiful, shimmering with so many different colors, as if opals, upon my skin!

4. How physically fit are you?
Maybe a slight bit under-average. I'm quite weak, as I was made for combat, but healing.

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
I don't have a particular "style." I've been dressing to travel lately, so I have nothing but clothing that is comfortable.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
My mother, V'aeka, was a Konti woman, born into slavery. She named me after her, so that I would always remember who she was, as she knew she was weak and dying. So I don't know much about her, but my aunt told me that she was kind and soft-hearted, like the words that came from her mouth. She was lovely, too. I've seen sketches of her.

I never knew my father, but I have a kindling hatred of him. I feel as though he was a rotten man, for enslaving the Konti women. I hope to never meet him, because if I do, I would never forgive him.

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
Not that I know of.

3. What is your extended family like?
The only other family I had was my Aunt Igme. She was my mother's midwife and best friend, and raised me as if I was her own daughter. She taught me everything I knew, and was my own best friend, until she died in the Winter of 510 AV. But I still love her and carry her memory with me. Close to my heart.

4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
Any close friends that I have are considered family. End of the story.

5. Do you treat animals like family?
Indeed. My horse, Aleah, has only been with me a year, and yet she is considered my family. She is a part of my life.

I was born in Mura, on Konti Island.

2. Where do you live now?
Riverfall, in the region of Cyphrus. Though I wouldn't exactly call it "living" just yet.

3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
Here in Riverfall, of course! It's where I grew up. But I bet Syrilas would be nice, as well. Bustling with all those people!

4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
Wind Reach! It's so lovely! I always have the best of times, watching the eagles and their riders soar through the sky!

5. Where do you fear to be?
Back in Mura, to be honest. That was the last place my aunt was before she died, and where my mother died as well.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
Besides having a weak immune system, and a generally weak body, no. I do have one scar, however. A long, thin line running jaggedly from my wrist up to the crease in my arm. From darker times.

2. Are you right handed or left handed?
Right handed, as usual.

3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
I speak Common, Kontinese, and Tukant. I have a very high pitched, soft voice, but I'm not sure if I have an accent.

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I bite my lip all the time. If I'm thinking, if I'm nervous, if I'm just lost in thought or even working, I'm biting my lip. Sometimes, I chew on it to the point of the raw skin, which is kind of disgusting. However, I can't seem to break the habit.

Another thing that really defines me is--believe it or not--my clumsy-ness! I'm always tripping, or falling, or just being a ditz and not watching where I'm walking in general. My friends have definitely gotten good digs at me because of it.

5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
I do have my ears pierced. In one, three holes traveling up my cartilage, and in the right on, only one stud in my lobe. I hope to get more, however, but just in my ears. If you don't count my Gnosis mark, I have no tattoos. But, I think I would like to get at least one, just for the experience.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
As of now, I am unemployed, but I have skills in medicine I hope to put into use.

2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
I like healing people. It gives me the satisfaction of seeing people live, and not die.

3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
The owner of my own clinic! Oh, that would be a joyous day.

4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
Warriors and squires. They guard the people with their lives. That's something to look up to, indeed.

5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?
I don't think there's an occupation I don't like. Everyone does what they do best. And can you really dislike something like that?

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
A quiet one. I didn't have many friends, so I kept out of trouble and focused on my studies. Boring, I was! As I still am, today.

2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
First watching my aunt save a life. It was such a sight to see. She was a true hero on that day, and I will never forget how calm and steady she was, with this man's life in her very hands.

3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
My mother dying, even though I didn't know her.

4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
I didn't have one with my true parents, but the one with my aunt was great. Sure, I'd get into trouble sometimes or we would fight, but we would always make up. We understood each other. We loved each other to the fullest, and tried to live life to the fullest together.

5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?
My aunt, of course! Always she.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
I was homeschooled. I was taught mostly in medicine, but I learned to read and write in both Kontinese, my original language, and Tukant. Both not as fluent as I am in Common, because my aunt always told me that Common was most important if you wanted to have adventures!

2. Do you like/dislike learning?
I think it's neutral. It's necessary, but I didn't have very much fun doing it. At the same time, I didn't hate it, either.

3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
Aunt Igme! She taught me everything that I know.

4. How do you learn best?
By in-depth explanation. If I was learning about Avalis, you had to teach me everything about Avalis. Not just a little bit. All of it.

5. What are your educational goals for the future?
Hopefully learn more of the languages. Become fluent in Tukant, hopefully, and to just learn as much as I can.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?

2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?

3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?

4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.

5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.

2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?

3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?

4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?

5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?

2. Do you like to read?

3. What annoys you more than anything else?

4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?

5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?

2. What is your favorite time of day?

3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?

4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?

5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?

2. What are your religious views?

3. Would you be able to kill?

4. What are your views on sex?

5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?

2. What is your greatest regret?

3. What is your best/worst memory?

4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?

5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?

2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?

3. What makes you happy?

4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?

5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?

2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?

3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?

4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.

5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?

2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?

3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?

4. Do you care what others think of you?

5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?

2. What is your greatest weakness?

3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?

5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?

2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?

3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?

4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?

5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?

2. What is the best part of life?

3. What is the best part of death?

4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?

5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
N'ivae
I breed birth and death.

Words: 12591
Joined roleplay: April 7th, 2013, 11:06 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

N'ivae

Postby Magpie on April 21st, 2013, 11:07 pm

e
Hi there! I'm Magpie, AS of Riverfall. I noticed some parts in your character sheet that don't quite fit with the lore of Mizahar. You'll have to correct them before you can receive any grades for your PC, and it would be much appreciated if you would stop posting in any threads until the below issues have been addressed. If you have any questions or concerns about anything I mention below, please don't hesitate to message me and we can work it out.

• Birthday: You're just a hair off on your birthyear. If she turned 22 in Autumn, she would have been born in 490AV.
  • Gnosis: Gnosis marks from Avalis always take the form of a stylized lily. Please adjust the appearance of yours accordingly.
  • Horse: A horse does not come with the starting package, and you must deduct her cost from your ledger. According to the Price List, a light horse costs 75gm.
  • Konti Gift: From what I understand, her gift is to tell when someone's going to be born, or how they're going to die, correct? Make sure you clear this gift with the Help Desk, as all Konti Gifts require approval.

After you've addressed these issues in your CS, please PM me, and I'll remove this intervention. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
e
Office ~ Riverfall ~ Starting Guide ~ Q & A Forum
Moderated Threads: Full up right now, sorry!
Magpie
A-flutter

Words: 324445
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)