PM to join Needing Some Help

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Needing Some Help

Postby Elia on January 6th, 2013, 8:53 pm

Elia watched as the man retrieved his weapons. He looked so kind and gentle. Then she smelt it, It was blood. His blood to be precise.

Becoming uneasy from the smell Elia began to notice that the man wasn't answering her questions. Not really anyways. She realized she didn't even know his name.

"what should bring a delightful creature like your self into a forest at night, alone and with no one to protect her?" he asked. Elia started to feel really uneasy and backs slowly away from the man. "You didn't answer my question, and you haven't even told me your name yet either."

Elia understands that she is young and perhaps very naive but she isn't stupid.
Elia
Player

Words: 5450
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2013, 11:02 pm
Race: Kelvic

Needing Some Help

Postby Garett Devaro on January 7th, 2013, 9:20 am

Finally she was putting up somewhat a challenge, for if there was anything Garett despised more in their victims, is blind stupidity. A conquest that had been horrifyingly too easy was no conquest at all. And so far, this was the very first exhibit of cleverness from the Kelvic. The very first sign that she perhaps was paying attention to the conversation. A very first sign of struggle against this very dangerous man.

He wondered how long can he refrain from giving his name, now that she has noticed this. A simple task, yet the most difficult of tasks were always simple. Should he fail, he'd finally answer her substantially. But firstly and most importantly he would guide her in circle, submerged in pointless conversation spiced by notes of hypnosis. A perfect opportunity for training.

Seeing her apparent unease, the doubt in her expression and the slow steps backwards, Garett built up a flow of djed in his lips and cast another suggestion upon the girl. this time a spoken one. Variety is at the core of a skilled mage. "You needn't fear me dear Elia. " he spoke softly, keeping both hands clear of his weapons in a sign that he in fact meant her no harm. And the gravity with which he said it -almost a plea, as if she'd have stabbed him in the heart if she thought otherwise - all a clever and successful shroud over a complete lie. But perhaps a lie that's believable enough is no longer a lie.

None the less, the hypnotic suggestion was once again placed in her mind. A simple technique which was both frightfully easy to conduct, a very basic hypnosis and his very favourite. A gentle technique that he'd been learning meticulously since he was just a mere child, But a powerful one. For Garret was very aware of the ill, or good that a series of cleverly crafted suggestions could do and thus was perhaps why suggestions were his favourite. No other method of hypnosis had such versatility to it as the suggestion. But soon he'd move onto others.

"I assure you needn't fear me." he repeated, this time with no djed behind his words to sway her. "And as for my purpose, I have merely come here to practice with my daggers." The key to obtaining information, is giving some in exchange. But some information is worthless and if one can wager that very uselessness against something that may come in handy, then and only then will he be victorious. "Now perhaps your turn?"

Conversation was much like chess.The key was to pull as much meaningful information out of a person, whilst looking little in exchange. To gain as many of the other's pieces whilst loosing little in exchange. Of course what a person deems meaningful information is different to each individual. Thus conversation was like chess. And hypnosis was a subtle way of cheating - a removing or replacing of a piece whilst the opponent looks away. And something they can either realise, or not realise. Subtlety is the key. If Garett was to simply swap Elia's queen for a knight, she would no doubt realise. But moving that queen a square to the left was much less noticeable. However now that the woman was paying more attention to his moves on the board, his task became more of a challenge and perhaps less - for focusing on the game she leaves her mind unattended.

The ultimate goal is to bring Elia back where he wants her now that she was in her self aware state. A challenge worthy if a hypnotist of his standard. And how he would do so would brake all the rules of chess she had ever been familiar with. And if he's successful, she will not even notice.
[/googlefont]
Garett Devaro
Player

Words: 12721
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2012, 7:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Needing Some Help

Postby Elia on January 8th, 2013, 1:57 am

Elia began to relax. She believed the man when he said you don't need to fear me. It helped her that he took his hands away from his weapons because her only weapon was her tiger stage.

"I was practicing my daggers" the man said and then he asked again what she was doing out there.

"I am out here for a visit. Th e forest relaxes and comforts me." Elia said with a graceful smile. "Now if you could be so kind as to tell me your name? You know mine I only see it fair for me to know yours." Elia said to the man with the look of curiosity burning in her eyes.
Elia
Player

Needing Some Help

Postby Garett Devaro on January 19th, 2013, 11:31 am

The hypnotist saw that deep profound curiosity in the Kelvic's eyes. A burning flame. If he was right and that curiosity of her's was as strong as he thought, it may do him well to enhance that just a little. An insurance card to keep the girl in her place for just a little longer. And so he established an unbreakable visual connection with her, his eyes as soft as they could every be. But a mischievous quirk now gleamed in them, a youthful expression that would appear in a young boy's eyes at the apparent prospects of adventure. A look that would signify that this boy might have something utmost interesting to say, some profoundly astonishing backbone for a conversation. His handsome features only amplified this little quirk, making him seem like a dashing young man with a heart for adventure and fun. An expression within his eyes that was completely and entirely false.

And though that visual bond he sent her one last hypnosis, before he'd have to rest and recover his djed. Otherwise overgiving may be upon him and his eyes and mouth may start to bleed and that would simply give away the game. And such a frightfully pleasant game it was.

He is so interesting. A sudden thought that manifested within Elia's mind, spoken in her own voice, however crafted by the will of the hypnotist before her.

In the precise moment just after that thought would have occurred to the girl, Garett smiled and spoke, indulging in yet another philosophical monolog. "What are names really? Merely titles to bind and enslave people. Sometimes I wonder whether existence would be simpler without such frivolities as titles, for then a man could be whomever he chooses to." his gaze wondered as he spoke, from her to the trees about, to clear and empty space. He seemed as if he was becoming lost within his own mind. But that was false too, for never had he paid more attention to her than when he was not looking directly into her eyes. His ears were acutely listening out for the tiniest movements on her behalf, his skin feeling for any changes in pressure. His senses feeling for changes within her that may become apparent to any onlooker.

"You see my dear, I have always wondered why it is that people choose to name everything in their wake. As it the need to have everything labelled was so very important. Surely even without the titles, trees would not suddenly become something else, but would still remain what they are, unchanged and unbound. Why do you think that is? Why do you think must we all posses these frivolous commodities called names?"
[/googlefont]
Garett Devaro
Player

Words: 12721
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2012, 7:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Needing Some Help

Postby Elia on April 13th, 2013, 1:42 am

Elia not liking the fact that the man wouldn't answer her question looked down to the ground and thought, "He must be hiding something if he can't give me something as easy as a name." Elia then quickly turned and ran away from the mysterious man into the moonlight woods with snow blowing all around her. Paws pounding on the cold white powder that surrounded her with a elegant like dance.
Elia
Player

Previous