[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Castor on April 26th, 2013, 6:43 am

Castor

“The Spinning Coin?” Castor repeated.

Castor has never been to that place before. However, just from the name, he knew that it was some sort of place where people gambled their mizas. He assumed that he would be catching cheaters, thieves and cut-purses. However, he wasn’t too sure.

“I’d accept the job, but can you tell me… What is it am I getting myself into?” he asked the woman, ready to accept the job.

"Common" "Ancient Tongue" Thoughts Sibling Communication
Castor
Ghost hunter & Exorcist

Words: 47110
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2013, 6:27 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Caesarion on April 29th, 2013, 12:47 am

Ugh, seriously. What was it with all of this official business? Couldn't he just kill a deer and sell it off to some vicious little trollop, like he always would back at home? He received a note earlier, "not licensed". Not licensed? Not licensed for what? "Yo," He muttered that one simple word. Obviously, he didn't like the fact that he was even here. Caesarion just didn't like to exit the man-cave very often, especially not because it was essential for his survival or anything like that. Why couldn't he just shoot himself in the leg and collect disability payments, or something? "I'm here because I want to 'officially' perform an 'official' job for payment. My name is Caesarion Maenies. I want to be a hunter. I plan on staying here for five to ten years. That's about it." Well, he lied about his last name, but that was what he'd been registered as, ever since he came to Syliras. He doubt it'd be a problem now. He couldn't go ahead and say Panthos, or he'd be burned at the stake.
Last edited by Caesarion on May 1st, 2013, 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caesarion
Your world was burning, and I stood watching.

Words: 415638
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2013, 5:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Accolade on April 29th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Lindel Ward

Treg was glad to see that the man had finally made up his mind. She nodded to his question and addressed him gladly. "Courier work is on the independent side of things, you'll have to seek work were you can find it."

Castor

"You are to work as a guard. The Spinning Coin is a place for gamblers or the sort, and the place can and does get out of hand."

Caesarion

Trega greeted the next to come in and listened to what he had to say. He was the talkative sort, and he did seem a bit irritated, but she answered him. "If you want to be a hunter that is fine, you are more than welcomed to sell your meats in the market for coin."

Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Alisha on April 30th, 2013, 9:26 am

"...for the city, for the knights, for the government of Syliras?..."
She thought at first the question was absurd but after awhile realized the sense of it.
"For the knights, of course, who else should I work for?"
Note: The player behind Alisha was still adjusting to Mizahar life, please bear with her.

(Assist her if it needs...)
PS: I dislike long threads. 2 to 3 pages, more than that? too risky...
When it comes to writing, 300-800 words per post (less than 1,000). More or less three replies per week...
Alisha
Fiercer Lassie

Words: 29817
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2013, 1:49 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Caesarion on April 30th, 2013, 2:58 pm

She gave him the job? That was easier than he thought; he assumed they were going to force him to run laps or go through a mountain of paperwork before anything was considered. "I am so pleased to have your approval," he thanked the old hag, probably a bit too graciously, and then ducked out of the office. Welp, that was settled, back to life. Stepping out through the door, he started to laugh outrageously. "So pleased to have your approval," he repeated, sarcastically. Jeez, he'd never grow up.

OOCLOLWORSTPOSTEVER.
Caesarion
Your world was burning, and I stood watching.

Words: 415638
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2013, 5:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Adsila on May 2nd, 2013, 3:46 am

Adsila walks into the Employment office and looks around. Adsila was getting dirty looks her way already. So what she was a Myrian. There were Myrian knights here and they were okay. So why should they view her any different.

Adsila patiently waited until it was her turn.

"My name is Adsila, and I don't have very many skills, but I can trap fairly decently I guess, I am pretty good at tracking, and my body building isn't bad. Other than that I am not sure what skills I am really good at, and at this moment, I don't care what the job is as long as I have a job."
Adsila said with a smile, hoping that what she told the lady would help her find her a job.
Adsila
Player

Words: 42677
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2013, 2:36 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

Postby Castor on May 2nd, 2013, 4:32 pm

Castor

"I see, well I guess I'll take the job" castor said with a slight smile on his face. Castor will serve as a guard at the Spinning coin.

"Common" "Ancient Tongue" Thoughts Sibling Communication
Castor
Ghost hunter & Exorcist

Words: 47110
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2013, 6:27 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Accolade on May 3rd, 2013, 9:19 pm

Alisha

Trega still wasn't sure what to make of the woman, but the job that she was asking for wasn't something that she could help with. "If you want to be..a spy, you will need to speak with the Knights about that. But really, you don't seem the sort for the work in my opinion."

OOCYou must have the skill intelligence to gain excess to the job spy.

Adsila

Trega smiled with a curious nod to the woman as she entered. Just the last season she had met another of her shade of bronze. It seemed that Syliras was attracting far and wide as of late. "It sounds like you're a hunter? You could easily hunt nearby and sell your game in the market and shops."

Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Oleander on May 4th, 2013, 11:31 am

OOCflashback sort of posting here

Oleander is 14 yeas old in this.

Spring 20th, 511AV

Oleander just arrived at Syliras. His parents just left him by himself and a guard directed him welcome centre. Oleander followed one of the kind guards to the build. Upon entering there was a lot of people trying to get jobs.

When it was Oleander's turn, he looked at the woman as she asked him what needed.
“Hi, I’m new to the city. I was left by my parents and a guard told me to come here.” He informed the woman.
“My parents told me I should find an apartment I should stay at, do you know where one it?” Oleander asked.
Oleander
Minimal Exposure is the Best!

Words: 30771
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2013, 8:00 pm
Character sheet

Postby Alisha on May 6th, 2013, 7:34 am

If that's the case, she should contact a knight. Nevermind, perhaps she was bound to be a thief forever. She would not asked how to be a barmaid. There was a lot of other buildings and influential nobles out there to work for.
"Thank you, ma'am. I guess I need to go now."

OOC :
Sorry.
I'd just attempted to have a different career path rather than selecting what's goes with my starter skills. I believe being a thief suits my PC. I don't need to apply for that job. If I'm right, I'll just have to write solo job threads about it thrice or more every season. Is Alisha an official thief now, or should I still look for someone, or be in a quest for that? :)
Note: The player behind Alisha was still adjusting to Mizahar life, please bear with her.

(Assist her if it needs...)
PS: I dislike long threads. 2 to 3 pages, more than that? too risky...
When it comes to writing, 300-800 words per post (less than 1,000). More or less three replies per week...
Alisha
Fiercer Lassie

Words: 29817
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2013, 1:49 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext