Solo Getting lost and finding direction

Lucanius has trouble finding his way around the city

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Getting lost and finding direction

Postby Lucanius on April 13th, 2013, 1:05 am

Timestamp: Spring 2, 513 AV

Lucanius really never had any intention of visiting the Spires. He simply followed a small group of travelers who he had seen on the road. He decided that they were probably heading to a city of some kind, so he followed them, and eventually ended up in the city. The problem was, now that he was here, he had no idea how to get out.
It's not as if the Spires are known for being hard to navigate. The problem was, everything looked so similar. For someone who had lived in and around human cities his whole life, a city made only of plants material was quite the oddity. Lucanius certainly appreciated it's beauty. The problem was that it was like a maze for Lucanius. It's naturalness almost made it seem unnatural for him, like a beautiful yet confusing piece of artwork.
"After I get out of here, I'm going to stop wandering aimlessly for good." Lucanius mumbled to himself. He had really been wandering aimlessly like this for most of his unlife. "But what shall my destination be?", he wandered as he idly picked up a small twig on the walkway and tossed it around a bit using his soulmist projection, before letting it fall back down to the walkway.
As he pondered on this and played with twigs, he decided to take a look at his surroundings. Initially he had thought that he wouldn't be welcome in the city, as the Jamoura were famous for their reverence of nature, and ghosts weren't the most natural thing. His fears proved unfounded, as none of the Spires' residents seemed to mind him too much. However, at one point he saw a group of Pycon being glared at by the Jamoura. It seemed like they directed their anger towards the more tangible of the unnatural peoples of Mizahar.
Not that Lucanius blamed them too much. It was part of their faith. And as far as he knew, they were never openly aggressive to other peoples. Just as he was thinking this, he heard sounds of a confrontation from up ahead.
Last edited by Lucanius on April 13th, 2013, 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucanius
Refuses to die for anything boring

Words: 5280
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2013, 2:54 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Lucanius on April 13th, 2013, 1:51 am

Lucanius could see what looked to be a shop of some kind up ahead. The Jamoura sitting behind the counter was watching two figures on the other side of the passage intently, as if he was ready to call for authorities at any moment. The two were a Jamoura and a small Pycon, obviously having some kind of argument.
"I am sorry, but I cannot give directions to your kind.", said the Jamoura.
Lucanius chuckled as he recalled his previous thoughts about the rarity of discrimination among the Jamoura. Perhaps it was a bit more common than he initially thought. The Pycon seemed pretty upset, while the Jamoura that he was arguing with seemed more uncomfortable than angry as he tried to usher the determined Pycon away with minimal success. If this continued too much longer, it might end in a confrontation. Lucanius knew something that just might stop that.
Gathering his energy, Lucanius rushed towards the Jamoura in an attempt at a possesion. As he tried to latch on, the Jamoura fought back. This one's will was strong, and Lucanius had to struggle to keep himself from being expelled. Finally, he won the battle of wills and the possession was complete. The moment he was in the Jamoura's body, he realized the reason for his uncomfortable behavior. He didn't hate Pycon. He was afraid of them. It seemed like he regarded the Pycon almost the same way as Lucanius viewed this almost alien city. Lucanius decided that the best thing to tell the Pycon was the truth.
"I must leave. You scare me. I am going home. Ask shopkeeper."
Lucanius was immensely proud that most of the words came out correctly and without spitting on anyone. Lucanius made the Jamoura rush away as quickly as he could, as the battle of wills had drained him and his control was dwindling fast. The Pycon and the shopkeeper stared with blank confusion as the Jamoura stumbled away. When he was a far enough distance away, he withdrew from the Jamoura and retreated a bit back.
Lucanius had lost a bit of soulmist from the process, but the end result was certainly good. Not only had further confrontation been avoided, but Lucanius also had a better grasp on his abilities. The biggest downside was that he had neglected to see if the Jamoura knew how to leave the city while he was inside of him.
Lucanius
Refuses to die for anything boring

Words: 5280
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2013, 2:54 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Capricious on April 20th, 2013, 1:16 am

Lucanius

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Possession 1 • Nagging Thought: How Do I Get Out of The Spires?
Soulmist Projection 1 • Jamoura Do Not Discriminate

A lot happened in this thread, but I wasn't able to award many skill points. In the future, perhaps add more description? Remember: You're telling a story! If someone told you a story, but left out details or skimmed over interesting parts, how would you feel? Just some notes to keep in mind, because in the future I'll need to see more. :)
Regarding your skills.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Capricious
Assistant Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 171332
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 11:14 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)