Flashback A hunting we shall go?

Khal'iah and Adsila go hunting together

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A hunting we shall go?

Postby Adsila on April 25th, 2013, 10:10 am

Timestamp: 35th day of Winter, 512 AV

Adsila was walking along the outside of the walls of Syliras. It was her favorite thing to do early in the morning so she could see the new people that were coming, or to see what people have caught from their early hunts. Adsila was going to be going on a hunt herself, although she wasn’t sure what she was in the mood to hunt for yet. Adsila was walking around the outer wall of the city, coming back to the front gate when she seen a man that looked like he was new here.

Adsila watched him from a far to make sure that he was new, and that she wasn’t just assuming that he was new. But by the looks of things, he was anxious about being here and he wasn’t quite sure on what to do.

Should I go up and introduce myself to him? Adsila thought to herself. Adsila was keeping the thought in the back of her head that not many people liked Myrians no matter how hard she tried to prove to them that not all Myrian’s are the same. But this man looked different, this man looked like he wouldn’t care about her race and that he might just give her a chance. Well she hoped so, or else she might be doing a battle with this man and that was something that she really didn’t like to do. Sure Adsila would fight if it came down to her life being on the line, but the only thing that she really liked to kill was animal and that was usually for food.
Adsila made up her mind that she was going to take her chances and walk up to the man and see what was going on.

“Are you new here, or are you lost?” Adsila asked him, trying to sound nice and not rude.
“I am about to go on a hunt and was wondering if you would care to join me?”
Adsila
Player

Words: 42677
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2013, 2:36 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

A hunting we shall go?

Postby Khal'iah on April 26th, 2013, 5:48 am

'Morwen, I'm sure that you're a lovely person...but why do you have to make it so cold?!' thought the Akalak to himself as he engaged in a light jog. As usual, and despite the prevalent chill of winter, the violet-skinned foreigner arose early in the morning to engage in a rigorous workout that would herald the rest of his day. His feet, bundled in boots stuffed with extra cloth to provide additional warmth, bore him rather quickly from his place of lodgings, to the gate of the city, and out into the lands surrounding the Fortress of Peace. This was when he would customarily break into a full-on sprint and circumvent the Fortress numerous times in the name of discipline and fitness, yet this day he was deterred from his typical workout by the presence of another.

It was a woman whom boldly approached the foreigner and even more boldly asked questions of him. Sure, it must have been an odd sight to see a bundled, tall, violet man jogging outside of the city; and from a slight distance, he may have even seemed like he was a tad lost, but that was far from the case. However, the woman's inquiry had hit one particular nail squarely on its head: he was indeed new. 'Well, this is most certainly a surprise.' he thought to himself, a tad bewildered that the woman would take it upon herself to approach him. It was an oddity indeed, as the denizens of the "fair" city would often cast strange glances in the direction of the Akalak as he passed...apparently the city was not generally fond of foreign races, despite their opening their gates to anyone...

"Good morning." he said, lowering the fabric of his thick, winter cloak from his lips so that his words were not muffled. "I am indeed new here. My name is Khal'iah Vojak...and I surmise that a hunt would be a pleasant change of pace. Sure, I'll accompany you."

The Akalak did not know the woman in the slightest, but he rationalized that there would be some degree of exercise that would come from the tracking and hunting of animals in the snow that would be a decent substitute for his morning run. Besides that, he did not want to squander the first decent encounter he had ever had with a denizen of the City of Peace.

"What are we hunting?"

"That which is most precious to me...I shall protect until my last breath."
-Khal'iah Vojak (Character Sheet)
Khal'iah
Guardian of the Rose

Words: 118454
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2013, 8:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook

A hunting we shall go?

Postby Adsila on April 26th, 2013, 6:08 am

"Well usually this early in the morning I hunt deer."
Adsila said to the man. As she looked at him a little closer, she realized that his skin was a deep deep purple and that she had not met one of his kind before, but he seemed to not care what race she was or did not know of his race. Which was okay with her. It was completely okay with her.

"Have you ever been hunting before?"
Adsila asked him as she continued to look over this man. As far as she could tell he was okay and that he would not try and harm him while they were out and hunting, but even if he did, Adsila was pretty sure she could hold her own against this purple skinned man.

Adsila continued to look around and then look at the man and then look back at the man again. He definitely was an interesting sight to look at.
Adsila
Player

Character sheet

A hunting we shall go?

Postby Khal'iah on April 26th, 2013, 6:30 am

The Akalak spoke simply and flatly, not due to a disinterest or distaste in the woman before him, but because it was beyond freezing outside. When he was moving about, jogging and running, he could bear the chill of Winter with only minor complaints. However, whenever he came to a halt, he noticed the cold all the more. As such, he folded his arms across his chest and fixed his jaw in a stubbornly closed position: he would not allow his teeth to chatter, no matter what. When the woman responded to his inquiry, an eyebrow elevated. The violet-skinned warrior had never been on a hunt for a deer before in all of his days, so this would make for an interesting turn of events.

"A Deer Hunt," he stated softly, keeping his jaw in check, "most interesting." That being said, the woman then asked if he had ever been hunting before. The truth was, he had been on two hunting expeditions in his lifetime: once when he was fifteen years of age, and once when he was thirty. Both were parts of rites of passage that were unique to members of the Akalak race; and he passed both rites with great success. However, Khal'iah simply was too cold to go into excessive detail about his past exploits, so he kept his response short, sweet, and to the point. "I have been hunting before, yes. Twice to be exact...Now then, would you happily lead the way? It's petching cold and I need to move..."

Khal'iah
Guardian of the Rose

Character sheet
Scrapbook

A hunting we shall go?

Postby Adsila on April 26th, 2013, 6:42 am

"Oh I am sorry."
Adsila said with a apologetic look on her face.

Adsila started to walk towards a trail that led towards to Cobalt mountains thinking to herself if there was some place shorter that she could take the man for the hunt, but the best place for a deer hunt seemed like it would be along the way to the Cobalt Mountains, not to go all the way to the mountains but to go part way to the mountains, there was lots of forest along the way. So it was decided, they would head along the way to the Cobalt mountains and hunt somewhere off of the path.

"Are you good with walking through deep snow?"
Adsila asked the man,
"Because I know of a good place to hunt deer that is a little off of the path on the way to Cobalt about like half a Bell time away. If you are up for that kind of walk, I am asking because there are other places we could go, but those ones seem to have the most deer."
Adsila smiled as she waited for an answer from the man and Adsila started to walk along the path on the way to the Cobalt mountains, if the man could not walk through the deep snow then she decided that she could take him elsewhere but she was hoping that he could.

Adsila noticed that his boots seemed to be high enough that no snow should be able to get into them and he had said that as long as he was moving then he was warm, but Adsila did not want to put the man in a position where he was not comfortable. If you were uncomfortable then you could miss even the most important things about tracking and hunting.
Adsila
Player

Character sheet

A hunting we shall go?

Postby Khal'iah on April 26th, 2013, 6:59 am

"There's no need to apologize." stated the Akalak in his cold-driven, flat tone. Finally, after being alerted to his plight, the woman began to move and the Akalak eagerly followed along. Immediately relief made itself known all across his body after those few shorts steps, and a large portion of the obvious tension weighing upon his shoulders was released. He walked apace with the woman in silence, hearkening only to the sound of his boots crunching atop the snow that layered the earth, but turned his attention to his newfound acquaintance when she addressed him once again. When he heard what she had to say, he all but chuckled aloud. 'Not like I have much choice.' he thought to himself, slightly bemused by her inquiry.

After all, they were trudging along in the snow already. Furthermore, if he wasn't okay with that...then he wouldn't have come outside the wall in the first place! In any case, he decided not to speak the entirety of his thoughts to the woman, for fear of being interpreted as rude...and for fear that his teeth would chatter...so he once again responded as shortly and simply as possible. "I'm quite alright with walking through the snow. Just lead on, I'll follow." That said, silence once more ruled the Akalak, pronounced even more by the fact that he elevated the fabric of his cloak to his lips to keep his mouth and face warm once more. In brief, he didn't have much else to say, unless the woman decided to ask him questions about his origins or anything of that sort.

Khal'iah
Guardian of the Rose

Character sheet
Scrapbook

A hunting we shall go?

Postby Adsila on April 26th, 2013, 7:28 am

Adsila laughed lightly as she heard his response. Adsila continued her way down the road that would lead them to where they needed to go. Adsila finally found a little path that she had seen where she had taken last night.
I guess not much snow had fallen last night.

"See that man-made path that is there to the left, a little bit ahead. We are going to go down that path a little ways and then we will see if there are any tracks that we can follow to find a deer."
Adsila said with a smile, she loved coming out here to hunt, it was always pretty plentiful and now she had someone who she could teach about tracking adn hunting she was getting more excited but knew she couldn't get too excited or she would mess up. Adsila took some deep breaths and then started to go through the path that was in the woods.

Adsila looked behind her to make sure that she wasn't too far ahead of the man that was following her, sometimes when she got excited about something she got ahead of herself. Adsila was not used to having someone to come hunting with her.

Adsila walked for about 5 minutes down the path and then to the left she seen some deer tracks and some antler marks on a tree.
"See those tracks and the marks on the bark of that tree?"
Adsila asked the man.
"Those are deer tracks and the marks on the tree are where the deer marks to let other's know that he was here. Kind of their way of marking."
Not trying to make him feel stupid or not, but Adsila didn't know if the man knew even what a deer was or if he did if he knew what their deer tracks were or what they did.

Adsila then continued to softly follow the tracks as to not ruin the tracks that they were following. Adsila had hoped that they could catch this one, but knew that if they didn't, there would be lots of deer that they would come across.

"How much deer do you want to hunt? I am not sure what would be enough meat for you. I usually catch about two so that I don 't have to come out here every night or day, but sometimes I do anyways."
Adsila said to the man as she continued to slowly follow the tracks.

"What race are you? I don't recognize it, or rather I haven't really met anyone of your race or heard about your race. Are you common around here? Where do you originate from?"
Adsila asked, and hopin that she hadn't annoyed the man, she awaited his response.
Adsila
Player

Character sheet

A hunting we shall go?

Postby Khal'iah on April 26th, 2013, 1:05 pm

Over the course of their trek along the road and subsequently up the adjacent path, there was not much that the violet-skinned warrior said. He did not make much response to the words that were spoken to him, nor did he offer anything in the way of conversation either. It was simply much too cold for him to prattle on and he honestly did not feel sociable at that point in time. When the woman mentioned their going down the path initially, all that he "said" in response was nothing more than a simple grunt. Several minutes later, when the woman indicated tracks in the snow and markings upon the tree, she was simply met with another grunt...yet the Akalak brushed past her and took a squat beside the tracks. He did his absolute best to commit the tracks to memory: their shape, size, and depth in the snow.

Khal'iah then ascended to his feet and placed a hand upon the markings on the tree, observing them once more. He wanted to familiarize himself with what the tracks and markings of deer looked like so that he may recognize, and point them out, at a later time. Afterwards, he continued to follow after the woman as she carefully strode alongside the tracks, being extra mindful not to muck them up in the slightest. Finally, she posed a question to him that required him to do more than grunt, followed by another; this one personal in nature. "Three deer, that way I can eat and you don't have to go out of your way later on to make up for what I consume." he replied flatly, not even bothering to lower the fabric from his lips. Only a moment later, he responded to her second inquiry.

"I am an Akalak: a resident of Riverfall. I am not from this region, but from Cyphrus, to the southwest...What about you? What is your name and whatnot?"

Khal'iah
Guardian of the Rose

Character sheet
Scrapbook

A hunting we shall go?

Postby Adsila on April 30th, 2013, 6:36 am

((sorry for the late reply, I had a family emergency, my grandma's funeral and I it was a last minute decision, and I had no internet and was not even allowed online on my phone as it was a time for mourning ... I am sorry for making you wait ... I should be home in about an hour and then I will post then, I am just writing to let you know that I am sorry and I have not abandoned the thread.))
Adsila
Player

Character sheet

A hunting we shall go?

Postby Adsila on May 7th, 2013, 9:10 pm

"That sounds good to me. Three deer will be plenty enough. What weapon do you have again?"
Adsila asked the man. Adsila had been concentrating on the tracking for so long that she forgot what weapon he wishes to use.

"My name is Adsila and I am Myrain. I am not from around here but have been in Syliras for as long as I can remember. My parents moved here with me when I was about 5 so that I could learn a better and more proper way of life, and that I have done, but people still look at me weird and are surprised at how nice I am, but from time to time my true Myrian self comes out, but I try to keep that from happening and much as possible."
Adsila told the man quietly, because out of the corner of her eye, she could see one of the deer that they were tracking.

Adsila than looked at Khal and nodded towards he deer.
"Do you want me to take the shot or do you want to try and do it?"
Adsila whispered to Khal.
Adsila
Player

Character sheet