One step forward, three steps back [open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Kaelithus on June 18th, 2010, 3:27 am

Kael looked back at the two still near the campfire his eyes, which had a been a bright blue only minutes before now looked dull in the fire due to exhaustion, he cleared his throat mumbling "i'm sorry". He looked back at kam walking up to his horse reaching in his pocket pulling out the very last of his Week rations that he had saved as much as he could all that was left was a small piece of dried meat and a few pieces of carrots, he ate the last piece of meat and held his hand of Carrots up to the horse "here...it's yours" the horse like every animal offered a treat smelled it at first and ate the rest of the food on kael's hand. Smiling kael gently pat its snout "it's a shame i didn't steal a horse when i left home..there marvelous companion's and creatures" he turned back to the camp walking up to the fire and smiled his body was aching and his mind was beginning to slow he needed rest and it was beginning to kill him "oh yeah....your bed i promised" he looked at the woman and smiled slightly. he walked into a small field coming back moments later with a large mound of grass and leaves carefully laying them on the ground in a semi looking bed shape, after the frame was built he took out his cloak from his bag and placed it over as both a sheet and a blanket in-case the beautiful woman began to chill in the night. "now....a pillow...." he looked at his bag "AH i know!" he reached in pulling out a medium sized sack and opened it pulling out a feather carefully colored and painted on, he smiled at his work and placed it back in wrapping up the bag and placed it at the head of the 'bed' "there you go my lady" he looked into her eyes and smiled almost Flirtatiously

He wiped his eyes and walked to the other end of the Fire throwing his bag to the ground and used it as a pillow looking at the stars. "You know Kam... Ive been thinking and honestly..id say i could be a great Knight...i mean ignore the whole Inarta speaking what we think without thinking and the fact that i'm not the most loved citizen ...but..i haven't seen many knights who could hit the coins from 40 yards away...then again Ive only seen 2 of you...and I hope you don't take offence of this"

he looked at Nether "you do not have to repay me, that was pay for the camp tonight...and for breaking up the fight..." he cracked his neck once more and let out a high pitched whistle "there...he will be here when i wake up" Kael sat up knowing if he lay on the 'pillow' he would instantly fall asleep "i'll tend to the fire for a few hours"
Kaelithus
Player

Words: 11558
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2010, 3:24 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Kamrynn Sleightyr on June 20th, 2010, 1:00 am

A lot of things happened, and people blurred back and forth with convincing arguments for him to stay. They were right, all of them. It was foolhardy to go out into the woods by himself -and what kind of knight would walk away to camp elsewhere when others could benefit from the presence of his blade?

He nodded numbly to their responses, and agreed to stay, though he set up his bedroll a little further from the camp and the fire than was necessary.

There was a lot to think about, and a long night for those thoughts to occupy his thoughts. Kael talked quite a bit about this and that, but the knight hardly heard.

Doffing his armor, and grateful to be rid of the cumbersome stuff, Kamrynn moved his sword so that it would be within reach, and laid down on his bedroll to stare at the stars.
Kamrynn Sleightyr
Syliran Knight

Words: 71523
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2010, 8:37 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Emberlina on June 20th, 2010, 7:37 am

The girl sighed as she got tired of saying now to Kael about the bed already two times and so sat quiet for that reason. She rubbed her head slightly as she now understood how akward it has gotten between the four and she couldn't figure out what to do about it.

She remained on her place beside the fire as she sat back down with her legs crossed and her arms leaning on them gently. Her black hair mostly came forth as it laid against her shoulders and chest and came to cover most of it. Her feline eyes peered straight into the fire as she also happened to become rather suddenly tired after all this.

She was used to be up at night and never really had problems with tiredness, but now she couldn't help but notices how her eyelids got heavyer and heavyer. She rubbed her eyes faintly as she tried not to look as tired as she really was from being alone in the wild for quite a while alone.
I see... chocolate.. o.o
Emberlina
Player

Words: 6514
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 6:48 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Nether on June 21st, 2010, 12:43 am

Ouch. He had been right: the atmosphere was, after all, heavier than lead. He inhaled deeply, about to try and say something to lighten the mood again, but stopped mid-breath. This was already an accomplishment bigger than he thought possible, and anything he said had equal chances of improving the mood and worsening it back to almost-a-brawl level. A shame, though: it had started nicely.
For a moment, he regretted his all-too-basic magical training: he had seen his master talk in ways that would make most diplomats go home in shame, just by reading small variations of mood in the aura of whoever he was talking with and adjusting his words upon that.

The world was.. big. The thought struck him almost at random, and provoked half a smile. Maybe this was what the old man had meant. He had been travelling for years, and yet this was the first time he ended up stranded in the wilderness. He felt so.. inadequate at everything he did. Hell, his best talent was by far cooking, and that was what got him in this mess in the first place. Perhaps he really had to pay a visit at the university in Zeltiva: he had only heard voices, but if even the knight said they taught magic, it had to be true, right?

Maybe some magic that could turn useful in a situation like this: he felt like a damsel in distress, and didn't like that one bit. But.. could he even reach Zeltiva? Alone? He talked big with Kael and Kamrynn, since he didn't want them to feel bound to help him: both had already done more than could be expected from two perfect strangers, but could he really face the rest of the journey on his own? Sure, it was a rather short trip, as far as adventures went, but could he really count himself as an adventurer? Yes, the commonly practiced roads were safe, as he had said to Kael.. when compared to the wilderness, but that didn't make them bandit-free. And to be brutally honest, a single thug with a sharp knife would have been a deadly threat to him.

Without even noticing it, he clenched a fist in frustrated anger as he followed up on his line of thoughts. Maybe the nameless cat would accompany him? She certainly didnn't seem too busy, but.. could she really be of help? He had heard of the prowess of most kelvics, but she seemed so small and frail..
He let his gaze wander to her for a second, as he considered her as a whole: he had, after all, been trained to not be deceived by appearances. The simple truth was that she could probably survive better than him if left on her own, despite her apparent weakness.

He shook his head, freeing it from idle thoughts and noticing just now that he had been idly searching through his bags for several chimes without even knowing what he had been looking for. Back to his senses, he emerged with a bedroll and headed towards the entrance to his tent.
Then again, it wasn't cold, and the summer breeze was so enticing..
He tapped softly with a fingertip one of the tent poles, twice.
That was all what needed for the whole unstable construction to tremble first, then crumble flat to the ground like a dead thing.

Nether sighed loudly as he watched the scene. Just another thing to learn. Kicking it aside, he just placed down his bedroll, laying on it and gazing at the sky, his arms folded behind his head, a new blade of grass replacing the one he had in his mouth before the start of this whole mess.
"Well, you two don't seem in the mood to sleep any time soon, so unless someone plans to start telling stories and singing songs like in all the cliched tales involving campfires, I'll just take the first turn. When you decide to get some rest wake me up, we're enough to afford some extra security measures. G'night"

OOC: Well, I'd say we can wrap this up as soon as the night passes, so pretty much one more post each and we should be done, unless someone decides something extra-exciting has to happen. Kael, Kam, stalking your past/future threads you two need to get back to Syliras, right?
Nether
Player

Words: 12298
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2010, 12:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Previous