FedoraLogic

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

FedoraLogic

Postby Quinn Harpe on May 10th, 2013, 8:39 am

Alright, to those who know me from other sites (However rare that may be) or personally, my handle for just about everything is FadoraLogic. Why? Well I can be very logical, even to a fault, and I wear a Fadora which despite it costing less than my suits, I cherish dearly...

Anyway, my skills in Roleplay are often around combat capability or other fields Logic becomes a necessity. On a chain of RP sites I had a little record going of most consistent Battlemaster Characters. Battlemasters on the site get their name by Combat Ranking(Beat a rank and claim the difference style) and W/L ratio, which was 159/21. Why was I the best? Well a loss is legally claimed when an opponent could no longer fight. I transmit my combat logic into my character, so naturally they know when to run. Those are "Postponed" battles, which quite a few times I came back and won. Of course I had my losses.

I've been Roleplaying for around 6 years, since I was thirteen after learning of a small website from a LARPing friend. Yes, I LARP as well, but combat wise I'm not so good at it, due to my physical size and the need to let up in a playfight... Well, that's a broad overlook of my personal self! On to more interesting stuff!

Well... in a moment. Rules to posting on my Scrapbook: No flashy BBC... Posting pictures, hyperlinks or other things is fine, but don't worry about making it look all pretty. Save that for the better part of the Forums. Otherwise, this is a place I'm going to allow people to ask the vital questions. "Who am I as a Player?" "Why Quinn?" "What drew you here?"
Quinn Harpe
Player

Words: 18015
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 9:18 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

FedoraLogic

Postby Quinn Harpe on May 10th, 2013, 9:11 am

First off, Natural Fist is something I believe I should explain. It is a combat style I personally use and have translated into a character with a smaller body, ergo different base set, or "Element."

Natural Fist basically resembles the natural elements Air, Earth, Fire and Water. There are subsets too, but they are more advanced than Quinn currently, so no point in going into detail with those. Each set has stances and a different mindset. Relating the mindset to the stances makes one able to fight based on emotional stimuli and energy.

Water: Calm and collected, those in a Water stance redirect attacks and create opportunities where none was before. A Waterstance is generally centered in focus and uses every part of the body to redirect and counter with precise attacks. They may not have brute power, but Water can wear away at tough foes. The natural opposite of Water is Fire, which moves fast enough to cover a redirection creates.

Earth: Heavy and Solid, those using an Earth style generally don't move when pushed. Focusing on heavy blows instead of rapid attacks and choosing to block instead of dodge or redirect, Earth is centered around strength and defense. Heavier practitioners generally start with Earth. Those with a heavier build can achieve higher stances, allowing more stability and height. Smaller practitioners will generally stick to the low stances. Earth's natural counter is Air, due to their speed and general evasion of slow blows. Water sets can wear away at Earth, but because of the close nature they can even out in general ability.

Air: Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge... Air sets have no basic stances being they are constantly in motion. Hand gestures are generally open palm to signify defense and the arms are generally outwards to aid in the change of momentum and direction. Lighter users are more apt for this, though it carries very little attack capability due to the basic game of keep-away. Air's counter is Fire who are aggressive enough to catch and in a metaphoric since, burn them. To the eyes of some, Air is not even a real set unless it becomes Lightning (A subset of Air and Fire) due to the lack of full stances.

Fire: If they bleed, they've lost. Fire is a constant aggro machine using swift attacks to demolish their opponents. They can often be seen as Brawlers, but there is method to their madness. Fire stances are designed to focus on body specific attack methods, such as kicking or punching, even one for aggressive grappling. Their counter is Earth who can take their pounding and dish it back in half the time while under fire. Fire looses it's edge towards water who have sets to specifically stop fire sets.

Now, I use Earth primarily but often blend Fire stances into my set. I reversed this to give Quinn individuality, and made Earth the hardest for him to perfect, and Water his set.

In the long run, I intend to have him learn enough skills to actually teach this to others. Within a few years maybe even have himself a Dojo and a set skill for the Natural Fist...

Why a seperate skill? Natural Fist uses balanced weapons as well as unarmed combat with varying degrees of armor. It's very complex, and despite working on it for around ten years, including the starting "Ninja" phase, I've only managed to scratch the surface. Funny thing is, I have a whole LARP called the Natural Order, practitioners of the Natural Fist that actually aid in designing the sets that I cannot use. Thus far only half of the ten members are full contributing members, the others try to over fantasize it...

Or turn it into Naruto...
Quinn Harpe
Player

Words: 18015
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 9:18 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook