In Need of Work (Spring 51st, 510AV)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Kayiri on June 20th, 2010, 3:48 am

Kayiri had expected this, and his father had taught him a few things about dealing with opponents attacking from behind after the whole incident about his bow. He had learned these vital lessons well, absorbed them like a sponge does water.

Oh, was he ever glad he had. He brought his sword back as if he was going to slash down in an overhead move, but instead kept it there to deflect the slash.

When he felt the wave of pain rip down the scars on his side and his arm he regretted this motion ever so slightly. He winced in pain, cursing lightly and biting his lip. He was not done yet. Whilst keeping his sword there, he did a pirouette to the right, moving his arms to bring his hands and the sword in front of them. Taking advantage of the position of his own blade, he sliced upwards at his opponents pelvis, legs, and hip area.
Kayiri
The Prideful Drykas

Words: 114225
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 2:35 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Tundris on June 20th, 2010, 9:55 pm

Luth didn't expect Kayiri to have counter the attack from behind so fast, and as his opponent's blade came thrashing through the air at unpredictable speeds, Luth lost his footing and tumbled to the ground meanwhile rising his sword repeatedly to parry the oncoming assault. One, two, three but not four times did he match Kayiri's strength in strikes, and on the fourth blow, the sword had rammed against the side of his torso just above his hip. In a real combat situation, the blade would have sliced through his flesh and spilled out his innards.

The match was over. Even though neither had pushed the other out of the ring, the true test was reflective of any combat situation, and thus Luth lost because he had failed to block an attack that would have rendered him dead if it were not for the wooden sword. A bruise would remind Luth later of his defeat, as would the hollaring teases from his fellow warriors and friends.

Cre'ran clapped with laughter as he entered the ring and motioned for Kayiri to rest his weapon and address his elder. A hand clamped onto Kayiri's wrist and rose it high into the air, claiming him as the rightful winner.

"I will pay you 100gm for training the novice longsword group for the rest of the season, and if you continue your teaching throughout Summer, you will have the opportunity to continue teaching for 200gm."

OOC :
Kayiri, you may add the 100gm for the season of spring, please keep organized and properly document your income or I'll be on your butt about it. In order to maintain this job, you will be required to do at least 2-3 threads during the season that show you are working for the money. When Summer ends, I'll expect a list of threads that you worked your job in. If you have any questions, let me know.
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Words: 59440
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2009, 10:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kayiri on June 23rd, 2010, 12:06 am

"You have honored my Pavilion and my Clan with this fight. May your steps always be light, Luth Thornrock, and your bow always true," Kayiri spoke, bowing. He thrust his hand up with Cre'ran, grinning like an idiot.

"It would be my honor, sir. I shall teach them throughout both the Spring and the Summer," Kayiri said, bowing to his elder. "I shall report tomorrow, in the afternoon, once I have finished my Riding Lessons," Kayiri then informed him, returning the wooden sword.

With a grin, he made his way back home. Mission accomplished.
Kayiri
The Prideful Drykas

Words: 114225
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 2:35 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Previous