It says 'Hello'!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

It says 'Hello'!

Postby Illam Whitevine on May 24th, 2013, 7:22 pm

This one offers greetings to thee, wordsmiths, writers, imaginists, and other Denizens of Mizahar!

For now I'll be going by the name of Illam, at least until I become a little more comfortable and established, in which case I may also use my real name.

I'm not sure how I came about roleplaying; I think it may have been my love for reading and books that led me to it, but I've been at off and on for about 8 years now. I started off on gaiaonline and similar sites, and did a little tabletop gaming for a bit before some events in life took me out of the rp scene completely. I've been wanting to get back to the roleplay game for awhile, but all my former sites seemed stale and dead, I decided to look elsewhere. Originally I was planning on getting an implant to help with the search, but after trading 20 Menthol Camels to an amateur surgeon and waking up in a roadside ditch with an eyepatch and my wallet missing, I decided to go with Google.

I like to write about most anything, especially if it has the potential for character development. I have a little trouble with romance themes, I personally prefer them as subplots that can complicate the main rather than the inverse, but I suppose that really depends on the character. I've never really learned or improved by staying where I'm comfortable, so anything is possible :D

My favorite thing about Mizahar right now is how it has impressed me. The amount of thought and originality in this world in mind-blowing. There's so much lore and unique ideas that I'm constantly tumbling into a new rabbit-hole, and its FANTASTIC. And from what I've seen so far, the community is awesome. I lurked for a couple days before summoning up the courage to get my feet wet and I don't think I have ever seen such an amount of people so friendly and willing to help others into and in the world that is Mizahar, be it rp, BBCode or writing. It's astounding in the best way.

What I'd like most to get out of Mizahar is to have fun, develop my writing and some characters and make some new friends. Still a bit intimidated, but to quote on of my favorite movies: "The first key to writing is...to write, not to think!" So here goes :)

I'll be posting a work in progress CS, feel free to check it out and PM, post, or smoke signal me suggestions/criticism/improvements.
Illam Whitevine
Player

Words: 4306
Joined roleplay: May 23rd, 2013, 8:38 am
Race: Human, Vantha

It says 'Hello'!

Postby Jupiter on May 24th, 2013, 10:56 pm

Hi! It's a pleasure to welcome you to Mizahar!

Don't be intimidated; you seem to have quite the sense of humor, which makes you cool. (I think so at least. The eyepatch helps a bit.)

Anyways, have fun writing! If you ever need help with anything, feel free to send me a PM! I love helping people out! :)
Jupiter
Let me help you

Words: 44855
Joined roleplay: May 17th, 2013, 8:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

It says 'Hello'!

Postby Wanda Endust on May 24th, 2013, 11:38 pm

Hullo and welcome!
If you ever wanna get into some character development, hit me up for a thread! We could give each other pointers, since we're both here to improve. :)
I hope you love it here. Best wishes!

Oh, and good luck with that implant of yours. ;)
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Words: 178647
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2013, 6:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)