[Rearing Stallion] No Rest For The Wicked (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Grayzdo Briety on June 22nd, 2010, 9:50 pm

The Bell chimed bringing about the new hour. Grayzdo headed into the tavern he relaxed and put 5 silver mizas on the counter. Then he sat down and ordered a gallon of beer he was sitting near the entrance so if something happened he could leave quickly. He took his cup and had a sip of the beer and he then continued to sip his beer while he looked about the tavern.
Grayzdo Briety
Novice Disguiser

Words: 12937
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 10:30 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Altia on June 24th, 2010, 4:13 am

Altia shook her head as fast as her clay neck could move. She brought her hands up to cover her mouth as she giggled. "Oh, no! I'm still young, I've barely done anything with my life. I've been to Wind Reach before, but other than that, I'm straight from my home Pyve. No interesting stories here, sorry." Altia supposed that the term 'interesting' was in the eye of the beholder, but she really had no idea what would interest the barkeep, maybe if she had some idea she'd be willing to talk, but otherwise she planned on keeping quiet. Besides, most everyone here had more exciting stories than she did. Speaking of, "What about you? I never did get your name. And how come you roll your 's's like that, if you don't mind my asking." Mayhaps they could trade story for story.

However, that possibility was looking less and less likely as the time went by. People streamed in and out and, since the barkeep seemed to be the main server, were sure to keep her newest talking companion busy. Altia shifted her attention to the most recent batch of newcomers, the grumpy man who'd been eating left, a dark haired woman had sat a few stools down from where Altia sat on the bar, and another man was sitting near the door and looked ready to bolt at any given second. All in all, they didn't look open to communication and Altia wasn't sure if she wanted to bother any of them, no matter how interesting they looked. For now she'd content herself with learning about the barkeep, thief and Knight.
Altia
Player

Words: 7181
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2010, 11:26 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Grayzdo Briety on June 24th, 2010, 5:53 pm

Grayzdo finished up his beer and headed out of the tavern. He had things to do today so drinking himself stupid would sorta waste some time.
Grayzdo Briety
Novice Disguiser

Words: 12937
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 10:30 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Tressa on June 26th, 2010, 12:27 am

Tressa had been exploring the city since she'd passed through the gates, she had been curious and enthused by all of the strange people, races she'd never seen before. Though she hadn't met very many of her own kind. She was hungry and exhausted, her last meal had been a measly piece of bread and some kind of ale that had been bitter. Glancing up at the sign as she entered the tavern swiftly, she smirked. Giggling about her own private joke.

Her bright cat like eyes narrowed to slits adjusting to the light of the brighter room. "Hello", she offered the greeting to all in the room, deep inside hoping anyone would return it. On the outside she kept he expression indifferent, directing her attention to the aroma's of food cooking. Her mouth watered almost instantly and she hurridly made her way to the bar seating herself at the first open stool.

Not seeing the barkeep, or even knowing who he was, she sat patiently, controling her less civilized instincts the best she could. Her stomach growled, only reminding her of her hunger as she pulled at the pathetic piece of cloth she called a dress. In an attempt to distract herself further Tressa glanced down the bar, admiring every detail of it's surface and soon found herself idly tracing along it in swirls with her fingertip. She had successfully put her hunger to the back of her mind for now.
"And we danced to the sound of a dying race, around and around beneath a burning sky"
Tressa
The devil's Temptress

Words: 71503
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2010, 3:56 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Jezabelle on June 28th, 2010, 2:50 pm

Jezabelle hadn't paid much attention to the man who'd entered, eaten and left just as quickly as he came and was still pointedly ignoring the conversation further down the bar as she waited for the barman to come and take her order. Not that it was a particularly complicated order, a pale ale and whatever they cooking over the fire today. Nice, filling and above all cheap. Not as cheap as cooking for myself would be true, but at least I'm not running the risk of poisoning myself with whatever ends up coming out of the pot.

As she waited she found herself looking forwards to the ale, it'd been a while since she'd last had a drink, but since today was one those very rare free days it seemed right in some way to have a couple in celerbration. Well celerbration and... no, there was no point in going back down that road again. Thankfully for her just as her thoughts were taking a distinctly morbid turn there was a 'hello' from behind. Jezabelle flicked her eyes round to see... Young, unwashed, dressed in rags and all alone. Who on earth does that remind me of? Oh yes... me. The newcomer took her seat at the bar and Jezabelle did something that anyone who'd observed her previous behaviour would have found particularly surprising, she shifted down a couple of stools so that she was sitting next to the new comer.

With a wan smile she looked the new comer up and down again, pausing briefly on her eyes like I'm one to judge... before shrugging and saying "Let me guess. You're new here, just arrived by the look of you, you don't know where to go or what to do. You came because you'd heard it was safe but you don't how you're going to survive?" She paused for a moment, the same little wan smile on her face as she thought on how best to say what she wanted to. "Well let me be the first to welcome you to the club, I'm Jezabelle. If you want I can show you around and get you settled... of course that probably sounds a little strange since you don't know me, I guess all I can say is trust me? I won't try and stab you in the back and take all your money?" She offered her had to the newcomer in a hopefully friendly gesture. Truth was she did just want to help the poor girl, she'd seen too many just like her, not counting herself, to just ignore her. Hopefully she'd be willing to trust her, even a little bit...
Jezabelle
Player

Words: 12879
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Tressa on June 28th, 2010, 4:16 pm

Tressa watched the stranger move closer until she was seated next to her. The hand she idly traced the bar counter with came to an abrupt halt and shifted to rest beside the other in her lap. The sensation of eyes surveying her homely form sent chills down her spine and she was more than thankful to make eye contact. Putting an end to that nervous feeling. It had been a long while since Tressa had taken part in any form of actual conversation and she stared blankly for a moment, sorting through the cloudiness of her mind to find her voice.

In a tone that betrayed her uncertainties, she answered. "Yes, I just arrived. The safety of residing within these walls is but one of many reasons I've journied here." Her voice faded to near silence as her statement came to an end. You don't even know this woman, don't go spilling your guts to the first stranger who notices your existance. She thought, reprimanding herself for her openess, whilst also praising herself for not sharing more.

A smile found its way to Tressa's face, brightening her otherwise unhappy demeanor. "I'm Tressa, thanks, I'd like that. I have no idea where anything is, or who anybody is, or even where I'm going. I'm completely lost." She admitted lowering her eyes to her hands. She wasn't sure if it was wise to trust this woman or not, but in the act of any betrayel that might occur Tressa was more than sure that she could hold her own.

Her attention shifted to the hungry protests coming from her gut and she silently contemplated giving up on her want to buy a quick meal and instead hunting down her meal herself.
"And we danced to the sound of a dying race, around and around beneath a burning sky"
Tressa
The devil's Temptress

Words: 71503
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2010, 3:56 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Previous