Strange Notions [closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Strange Notions [closed]

Postby Lucette on March 27th, 2012, 8:18 pm

“Because you spend your time thinking…” the Kelvic murmured, her eyes watching the quills in his hand intently. Lucette’s head rose then dipped as she followed the bobbing implements. The quills were not alive, she knew - but still they registered powerfully in the Kelvic’s brain as prey to be toyed with. How she wanted them!

She evaluated Delano’s long ago sadness as it played across his face. “But you are not old or… infirm, perhaps you worry another mate would prove inferior to the first?” Her eyes never left the study of him, she did not look away as she confessed, “I was bonded once, he – he released me.” But her pain was not yet dulled; it was too recent, too raw, and it rippled across Lucette’s suddenly taunt features. Her bottom lip pouted, and she bit it, so as not to cry. Not even Roland’s beatings had ever hurt so deeply.

“Is there so much difference between us?” Lucette challenged without losing the sad yet seductive quality of her voice. Her eyes studied his – where was the difference he spoke of? The Kelvic could not find it. Lucette could not know what it was to be human, even as she looked so much like one. “Where does it lie?” Uncrossing her long legs, Lucette almost stood, ready to show him just how similar they were. “I will-” she began to say. But the words were lost as Delano released the quills to drop upon the desk. And to an outsider it would be easy to see Lucette’s Kelvic nature, for the slave girl entirely forgot their conversation as she grabbed at the fallen implements, and leaned in to sniff their scent.

The Kelvic gave the man an incredulous side long glance, then returned her attentions back to the quills. She knew he teased her, “Words can not bite… I don’t believe you Delano Marx,” she replied with a laugh. “Such a thing isn’t possible!”
Lucette
Player

Words: 116720
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2011, 3:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Strange Notions [closed]

Postby Legion on April 21st, 2012, 2:00 am

The Denvali lieutenant was entirely charmed by Lucette's kelvic nature, the quick snatching hands that brought the feathers back to her before they float off on a breeze from an open window or a sudden shift of subject. While she stood, he sat, sagging down against the edge of a worn desk with the crude bound book spilling open in his hands.

"Did the words your former master say to you when you were released not bite?" He challenged.

Cruelty was not his intention. Teaching was. It was ingrained in, sewn up more times than Cian Noc had stitched up skin from battle and hunting accidents. His voice was gentle, soft and easy as a greeting kiss between lovers.

"Or is the distance between the subjects of metaphors where our differences wait?" And here he nettled his brows, studying her for a moment not as a woman or a cheetah, a student or a companion but instead as a field of research as of yet unexplored.
Legion

Denval Forum | Denval News | Denval Lore
Lhavit Forum | Lhavit News | Lhavit Lore

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Legion
Boom, backflip.

Words: 114213
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 6:23 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Strange Notions [closed]

Postby Lucette on May 10th, 2012, 6:37 am

Lucette’s lips drew back, the Kelvic bared her teeth. No sound issued from the soft and normally inviting lips. But while it was a silent and hurtful hiss, Lucette’s body jerked as if the teacher had struck her bodily. She took a hasty step away towards a window, his words, gentle as they were, stung. To be reminded how easily she had been discarded… it was a cruel and hurtful thing!

Her downcast eyes looked out the window, though she could see his reflection within it. Annoyed and saddened both, Lucette replied, “I do not know metaphors… I don’t understand your words!” And to the window she admitted, voice resigned, “It bit. It still bites! Every day… it gnaws at me.” She whispered, “It has not gone away…” Agitated Lucette began to pace along the wall.

Lucette wanted out into the night! She wanted not to be reminded of this hurt! Her steady eyes regarded Delano Marx as she turned to pace in the opposite direction. The look was alien, the gaze of the Cheetah, though the eyes were human. She could not understand what he wanted, or why he held the old book in his hands.
Lucette
Player

Words: 116720
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2011, 3:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Strange Notions [closed]

Postby Magpie on June 12th, 2013, 8:02 pm

e
Lucette :
XP:
Observation +3
Hunting +1
Seduction +2
Philosophy +1

Lores:
Cheetah Instincts in a Cheetah Kelvic
Any Master Must be Appeased
Asking Permission Nonverbally
The Taste of the First Kill
Analyzing Gaits
Difference Between Hunting and Real Hunting
The Novelty of Waiting to Eat
The Transient Nature of Spoken Words
The Pain of of a Dissolved Bond

Notes :
The random philosophy point was for the very insightful bit on spoken words not needing to be kept around.

Otherwise, very nice read, as always, and too bad we didn't get to see it continue.

If you have any questions or concerns about what was awarded, please don't hesitate to PM me.
e
Office ~ Riverfall ~ Starting Guide ~ Q & A Forum
Moderated Threads: Full up right now, sorry!
Magpie
A-flutter

Words: 324445
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous