Flashback On the Edge of Life (Solo)

A Charoda who has just suffered tragedy is out in a dangerous world - alone.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Far below the water's surface is the living coralline city of the Charodae, Charbosi. Inaccessible to those who cannot breathe underwater, Charbosi is a city of culture and peace. [Lore]

On the Edge of Life (Solo)

Postby Jh'eon on June 12th, 2013, 8:17 pm

Season of Winter, Day 37, 498 AV

Jh'eon shed some tears, that slid down his eyes. He ate away at some coral he had and sighed. He was on the edge of survival. "Life will get better! I will be the first Charoda to travel the world!" He said that. That was from a time, long ago, when he was a eager, adventurous child, and was convinced that he would travel the entire world. How wrong was he? His mother, and two of his younger sisters, Zahlu and Tondrah were killed only six years ago and his father had just died less than thirty days ago - or so he thought. He had lost count of the days. He had abandoned his brother and eldest sister, Dey'eon and Ole'ah to exile himself from everything, to live in the waters on the outskirts of Charbosi, by himself. He was a disgrace to his family. He had betrayed every last one of them. He hoped the gods heard him and he would find out how much betrayal and damage he had done. He sighed and propelled himself through the water, swimming delicately.

He saw many coral and murmured to himself, and tried encouraging some coral to grow and focused on the power and was attempting for about five minutes when he sighed and stopped. He was practicing that skill that Charodae were so skilful at but he had had not much success. He had to have lots of coral to survive in these times. He thought of returning to the city but he couldn't handle the eyes of Dey'eon and especially Ole'ah, when he returned, begging for mercy. He did not deserve any better than what he was being given now and he is to not complain - it was his fault. Everything was his fault. He thought to himself. He deserved everything that has and will happen to him. He deserved every last thing. He sighed and swam through the water. His stomach was empty. He was going mad. He WAS mad. He deserved every last thing. He was weak! He was a coward! Oh what was Ole'ah thinking! She was the closest of his siblings to his heart, but even the thought of Dey'eon's thoughts made him shiver.

He swam to a place where he could overlook the city of Charbosi. Its beauty struck him again, all the beautiful coral, the land. It was home. He took a deep breath and murmured to himself in Char, the language of the Charodae. "Ole'ah! Dey'eon! Forgive me! I cannot handle life anymore..." And he sighed as no response returned, as he knew it would. He murmured to himself. "Daddy, Daddy! I am going to be the best Charoda in the world! Daddy I am going to travel the entire world and see thousands of sights! I will go to Riverfall, and I will escape from monsters!" That was one of the things he had said during his childhood, now long gone. He had suffered much pain for one so young as twelve. Harsh reality had struck him since then. At the age of four, it was not so bad but he remembered not understanding his mother and his younger sisters' death properly. Obviously he was devastated but now, now that he understood so much more, he was miserable. He swam off for a cave where he and his brothers and sisters used to play at, pretending to escape from monsters, velispar, and many other monsters that they had made up themselves that did not actually exist. And next to it, he saw another coral he trying to grow. He guessed, that after four days (or so he thought - he may have lost count of time) and barely any growth meant that he was probably never going to improve. All he knew was one thing.

He was barely clinging on the edge of life.
Last edited by Jh'eon on June 17th, 2013, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jh'eon
Player

Words: 32412
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2013, 8:47 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Jh'eon on June 13th, 2013, 5:42 pm

Jh'eon lamented his father, mother and two sisters with a hymn he was taught, by someone who knew many things and had such incredible depths of knowledge.

"Oh mother Caiyha! Bless these people with all your love for the Charodae. Let them dear in your heart, continue on in the cycle of life and Caiyha and coral! I pray, mother Caiyha, that you will guard them.

Makutsi, the Rainbringer, thank you for the waters that we live in, share in harmony with and guarding us with all your light. May those whom I have lost, be guarded and may the cycle continue. We give these loved ones to you and Caiyha, to flourish more flora and fauna!
"

He had been taught these words long ago, as a child, and even before, when he did not even understand half of what it meant. But now he understood more about the cycle, how it was extremely important and sacred to the Charodae.

He then saw some fish, vicious fish coming to consume him. Before he had a chance to figure out what they were, he took out a spear, that he had gotten for survival and they quickly swam off. He sighed and propelled himself into a launch forwards, flapping his legs behind him and waving his arms. He spun through the water, arms outstretched. He was free. He felt enjoyment fill him before after not too long, all that joy was extinguished like a flame dying in his heart.

Life was dangerous on the edge of life. But he will conquer against whatever is yet to come. He had hope. On the edge of life.
Last edited by Jh'eon on June 17th, 2013, 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jh'eon
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jh'eon on June 13th, 2013, 5:55 pm

Curiosity filled him. He wanted to see Charbosi again. He wanted to see Ole'ah and Dey'eon. He wanted all of that. He sighed and started swimming to the city of the Charodae and swam through the great buildings of coral. It was night time he realised as he looked above, and the moon rippling on the surface of the water. He saw the building he sought and did not see Ole'ah or Dey'eon's face. Jh'eon contemplated what to do.

He had the choice. He could go back, and beg for forgiveness. Or he could continue to exile himself forevermore. The longing was tempting, and he was resisting the urge to go inside. He sighed and looked around. Nobody was swimming through the city. It was like the city had been abandoned. No eager Charodae, swimming excitedly to a destination. It was cold, and the business that his parents spoke of, before he was born, did not show here.

He also contemplated what other options he had. He had many. Go back. Exile himself. Go and see the other Charodae and find out if he had missed anything. He had so many choices and so little time. And he sighed and turned his back on the city and swam off, to the sweet outskirts, calling him home.

He had turned his back on his own family again - however he had the feeling that eventually he would regret that decision again.

It could well be the end. Jh'eon had yet to find out. But for now, he swam, hunting for more coral to survive.
Last edited by Jh'eon on June 17th, 2013, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jh'eon
Player

Character sheet

Postby Traverse on June 14th, 2013, 11:16 pm

Jh'eon

Skill XP Earned
Philosophy 1 XP
Singing 1 XP
Swimming 2 XP

Lores Earned
Childhood vs. Reality

Additional Comments :
Alright so this little solo was a wee bit confusing as to its real purpose. It seems mostly to act as a philosophical thread for Jh'eon in deciding a deep inner turmoil, but...there wasn't any particular conclusion either, I'm not saying you have to follow a traditional narrative in your threads, certainly, but you kept mentioning about how Jh'eon was on the edge of existence and torn between returning home without really explaining why and giving a preface for all his dramatic thoughts.

I just wanted to note that the font you're using is rather hard to read and the red color on the lime green is nearly impossible to make out, so please keep that in mind as well in your future posts, those are two contrasting colors and make quite the blinding combo on a computer screen.

Also as a note: Charoda cannot eat fish. They are vegetarians and eating a fish would make Jh'eon violently ill, negating any temporary nutrients he might have gained from eating the sea creature, so please keep that in mind in the future.

Yes, I Bite.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)