[Senghor Vilhjalmr's Scrapbook] With Wrath, With Life.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Senghor Vilhjalmr on June 9th, 2013, 9:39 am

With a thousand possibilities, with a thousand lives it seems I've brought together this little concept to bring about more concepts, with my ramblings and ideas, such as the one for my comic book. Sadly, it's still in the production phase, I still gotta get the proper name, solidify my plot and so on.

Synopsis (A lazy one at that) : Hmm... (15 Years Ago) Teenage african kid, born in a struggling home to a single mother who's diagnosed with some unknown illness. Very angry youth, hates authority but loves little sister... One day, he and his small but multi-racial group of friends go to a festival, and he's drawn to an old shop, he goes in, and inside he finds an aging jamaican lady, the nice old sort. She recognizes him, reads his fortune and hurriedly chases him away. The same night during the festival, the Apartheid Regime (group of old racists) attacks led by its immortal uber racist leading, claiming he desires something connected to old african tribes, it's ancient and powerful, but upon the same night the protagonist returns unknowingly with his younger sister and friends, as everyone is running away from the elderly (weird, I know) they soon join in once they see what's happening, but during their run, his sister falls behind and he goes back, she gets abducted by the leading who claims he'll kill her if the 'thing' isn't given to him. The kid tries to fight the old guy, but gets his ass kicked too a near death phase, as he's dying the jamaican lady appears and gifts him with, 'the thing' the thing feeds off his rage, changes him into a badass symboite wearing anti-hero, whom fights and defeats the Regime, but instead of reverting him back to his former self, the suit disappears after teleporting the young girl back home.... (15 Years Later) Hero returns from his time with the Ancestors (The Cosmic Ones) older, deadlier but loniler as his young sister is doing her own thing, seemingly moved on, his mother now past and his friends also elsewhere. but his return seems to bring about ancient evils, old entities... Etc...

Sweetness...
Senghor Vilhjalmr
Player

Words: 273907
Joined roleplay: March 28th, 2013, 11:03 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Senghor Vilhjalmr on June 9th, 2013, 5:53 pm

Rugby, Rugby... Rugby!

There's so many things I can a person about this sport, my sport which oddly enough I joined recently, but no I won't tell people what a Ruck is, what a Maul is. Nah... See I when I live, Soccer is a our nation sport and I've got no problem with that but when I grew up, Rugby was somewhat a sport I never heard of, not because my parents didn't want me to do it, but because the entire family thought, and still do think Rugby is just another way to shorten my life.

Funnel enough, my cousin wanted to do rugby, he poured his entire heart and soul into the sport but because nobody supported him, he never got to play. Unknowingly, my cousin was my hero at that time, because hey - he showed difference. He was good at soccer, he had the build for rugby but become of no utter support from family, he didn't play and that really just hurt us both. To think that commitment didn't suffice until than, until now...

Anyway, as I grow, the chubby kid that I was, I always told my family I'd do rugby, but was quickly shot out because they told me I'd break my neck, and die or they'd break my neck and die. Haha, which at that time was quite scary because I imagined my young self on a rugby pitch and had these giants coming at me because I had the ball. Scary stuff at that age man...

But than again, I think that my entire family merely feared rugby, not because it's a violent and dangerous contact sport but because it reminded them of Apartheid, and that many afrikaaner kids played it, grew up with it and that they grew up in racist households. From there on I didn't even try and play the sport, but because of my anger, my angry nature towards kids who teased me because of my weight, many people told me, "Hey man, come play rugby..."

Still had that thought, that I'd die if I played rugby hence I declined. Tried playing soccer, tried watching it like the rest of my family but didn't find it utterly enjoyable at all. So, I became a artist because I was also gifted with the ability to draw, loved it, and still do... Hence the comic book idea(s). Through primary school, rugby lingered on in the deepest corners of my heart, and head because whenever I went passed a pitch, it'd hear the field speak to me, "C'mon, it won't hurt... well maybe a little but you'll like it, you'll wanna play some more..." it whispered each time!

The transition from primary school to middleschool was simple, a bit hard because that's when being a teenager makes you more self conscious of your body, so yeah I had the kids who teased me but thankfully, I'd angrily kick ass because they deserved it. Yeah, than came the stupid people who called me the bully, "Always picking on the smaller kids..." they said, "Go pick on children your size... Go play rugby or something meant for your size!"... Pfft, what a bunch of a-holes, I may have been a growing teen but my age was always questionable, they soon thought I was the eldest in all my classes.

But when highschool kicked in, I decided you know what?, scourge all this weight I'll be skinny because I can't be tall and chubby, miraculously I all my baby-fat (took its time didn't it!?) and the body began to form nicely, but than came the stupidity of community "Aye, man... Gain some weight, you look you're dying"

And my face at that time was the, "What The Funk!!?...", didn't they feel I needed to lose the weight!?, but hey the body tricks you if you're not healthy. As the lazy, artistic nerd I happened to be at time, I began to gain weight slowly, and nearly went back to my usual body size. Nearly because, I may have picked on some weight, but soon released I've a very large body structure... Thank You Bloody Genetics <- Sarcasm.

My friends, peers always kept telling me to do rugby. I'm violent, angry enough for it but no, still had that thought of death in me. But Hey, such thoughts begin to die quickly once you hold that ball and look at all these guys that want it. These giants that once invoked fear in me, these giants were now my enemies, my opponents. Man, the rush of fending off 3-4 people as they try to bring down, or you going in for that tackle, blam!... Epicness.

So yeah, I said family "Screw your beliefs, I'll play rugby for me and only me, and I'll work on being the best to better myself...". So yeah, I play rugby for me, for my team and for my nation, we're done with Racism, all that. We're a diverse race of people that shouldn't be judged by colour. I'm black, but I proudly play rugby as any other player on the field because in that moment, it's not your race that determines who wins, it's who your team is, who you're as a person.

An because of that, I've been seen how my body is molded, because I came from a lazy background, I never really knew that I've a well-defined and ripped form under all this weight. Which is okay because it cushions those really hard tackles I give and get, but Hey.. I decided, let me just get how my body is meant to be, and thankfully because of my family, their support and believe in me, my belief and goals.. I'll be hitting the gym first day next mouth!... Awesome!! (Secretly planning on joining the military, Haha)

But now, I'm done... I've spoken enough to know enough. -Peace
Senghor Vilhjalmr
Player

Words: 273907
Joined roleplay: March 28th, 2013, 11:03 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jess'e on June 15th, 2013, 2:52 pm

LOL I've never read any of these scrapbooks - this is awesome! Rugby FTW! You go, man - I've never seen a rugby game, ever - I'm in the states, it's not big over here. I live in Basketball country :P Don't play it though. But I LOVE the SA accent!

OK so my lame idea was insect man, but that was really just a joke 'cause I don't read comics or graphic novels. But your idea in your first post sounded cool - have you ever played on a Marvel site or w/e? You might get some ideas sparked there. I have some rp friends that play on one if you want the link?

peace out :)
The sand is singing deathless words to me...
Many, many thanks to the wonderfully talented Coltyn for the lovely graphics
Jess'e
the rest is still unwritten

Words: 35086
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2013, 1:21 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Ireth Telemnar on June 15th, 2013, 10:21 pm

Ireth: Young woman, sings and plays a wooden flute. Has five older brothers and a mother living. Her father died boating. She's a very peaceful person, always wanting to dispute fighting.

She's not a small girl, though not obese. Average height, long dark blonde hair she usually wears in a braid. Her eyes are a stormy blue-gray.
Ireth Telemnar
A tune for your thoughts?

Words: 169690
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2013, 2:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)