[Avanthal OOC] Gaze at the Aurora

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Tythos Everstorm on July 2nd, 2013, 3:58 pm

Hello Avanthal(ites?), Avanthal(ians?), Avanthal(uns?)... anyway...

I am poking my head in here to say hello, and that I'll have Typhos here staying in this precious winter wonderland since the spires have closed. Honestly I have no plots what so ever to back up why he would suddenly move to the icy north. The only vague idea I have at the moment is to get him in with the ice watch after a few skill building threads. Since I wasn't around to play him in the spring I am pretty much using that as my excuse for him to have traveled to the city. If anyone wants to thread with an Isur just let me know.
Tythos Everstorm
Weather the storm.

Words: 32577
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 8:49 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Noblesse on July 2nd, 2013, 5:26 pm

Hello there Typhos, welcome to Avanthal!!

I'm sorry that you had to move cities since The Spires closed. However, it always makes me happy to see a new face around the city! If you have any questions at all, just post it here. You can also send me a PM anytime. I'd be happy to help you out, and I'm sure other players in the city feels the same, too. :)
Noblesse
Let them eat flavored snow!

Words: 181013
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2013, 5:29 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Manith Winterflame on July 2nd, 2013, 7:42 pm

Hi there inhabitants of Avanthal!

Just wanted to check in and say hi. My name is Manith, I am new to the website and thought Avanthal would be a wonderful place to start out!
Anyhow, I'm eager to start working on my first post and If you have any pointers they are all welcome ~

Anyhow, It's good to meet you and I hope to see you in town. <3
Manith Winterflame
So, what's everyone eating tonight?

Words: 3105
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2013, 11:38 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alira Snowsong on July 3rd, 2013, 2:04 am

Hi :)

I have no specific plans for Alira as of yet because I'm really just trying to go with the flow of things. I'm up for anything at any time. So let me know if you want to thread :)
I'm excited to meet everyone!
Alira Snowsong
Player

Words: 3323
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2013, 2:28 am
Character sheet

Postby Jesslyn Skyglow on July 3rd, 2013, 5:38 am

Hi Alira, Manith, and Typhos!

I'm Jesslyn, you local blind Vantha from Avanthal. I am currently in the Skyglow hold but I originally a Whitevine! I'm here to welcome you and to give you a few tips and info about your fellow inhabitants and city!

So first things worst let me introduce you to the Veterans of Avanthal!
Silarial
Spirit
Noblesse
Svasra
Sera
Miria
Silver

There are plenty more but those are the ones that come to mind. Though keep in mind some of them have not been active this ending Spring or Summer. But if you want active players look into here. If you have any question, comments, or concerns please,PLEASE PM someone, ask in here, or ask Noblesse. I can vouch for quite a few of us when I say that we will answer and help you.

Tip #2, read the Calendar, read the Player Info, and check out this area for info on the city. You can also go through the thread and grading request thread to see what types of threads are rolling around in Avanthal. Don't be afraid to read... actually you should read everything you can get your hands on. Not only does it help you but it helps when you are threading. That way you know the lore and its easier for your threading partner(s), if they know it themselves, to get a grasp of the situation and such.

Tip #3, Plot. Plot Plot. If you are in a situation where things feel... boring, look in the registry for Summer (or the Season) and PM someone who you'd like to thread with. Ask them what they are looking for in threads right now, skills or lores or type of friend/enemy. Make sure you give what you are wanting to get out of the thread too.

Tip #4, Don't always have a thread as where you've just met the person. A lot of threads are like that. Try and build up a backstory, especially if you are from this city, that could play as the reason you already know someone. But make sure to PM them about it and also ask questions if something you're unsure about comes up.

Tip #5, Get creative! This doesn't have to be just in your threads. You can come in here or the Icebox with things. In here we usually mess around with Avanthal things. Like we have a cheer, a pie, a shirt, and I just found a birthday song. But in the Icebox you can put idea's for things for Avanthal. I don't want to give you too much about it as I want you to go look at it yourself.

Tip #6, Try the chat. Up in the top set of option and things (like home, roleplay, lore, chat), go there and click chat. Then introduce yourself and get friendly. You don't have to but it helps if you get known throughout miz. And you can occasionally see people you thread with.

Tip #7, Be reasonable. This consist of following the rules, thinking about your characters health, money, reputation, and many other things. Also think about the people youre threading with. If you wouldn't like something done to you, dont to it to them.

Tip #8, Keep up with your CS. That is the most important thing you don't even know. Even now when I have gone over threading partners CS over and over. And then I thread with them again I go and look at it again and again. So keep your own up to date, make it nice and neat, and make it legible. But make it your characters. I still make changes to mine when I look at other peoples CS. I just recently changed my threading list layout after seeing one I liked from a Miz. vet.

Tip #9, Have fun. Miz might seem intimidating but really worry about your Character and what that character has going on. Join in on things that the city is doing. Just have fun pretty much.

Tip #10, Inform people. Tell people if youre going to be late on replys (if its more than a week I tell people) or tell them if youre going to be slow on replys. It's okay. Trust me when I say everyone has those times. But it's nice if you let people know. More than a few of my threading partners have left and not left any word. But a lot have warned the whole city that they are currently either inactive or just.. slow at posting because of RL.

You can keep all those to heart or you can simply remember the few you think are important. Make sure to give lots of love to Noblesse in your grading requests. She's our only Storyteller and she does her darndest. So that bring me back around to this, PM her if you have a question but also PM a vet. (look for the vets.) that way if one if busy but the other is open then you still get answered. Or you can post things in here. Actually things that are posted in here get answered the fastest. (from my view at least)

Thank you all for choosing Avanthal as your city. Thank you for read this long wall of text. And thank you for becoming part of this community. Morwens knows Avanthal could always use some love.

XOXOXOXOXO for all
~Jammy
Jesslyn Skyglow
Remember the good times, and never forget.

Words: 127365
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2013, 4:00 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Hasier on July 3rd, 2013, 6:17 am

Also new here and it was nice to read the above, but I was also wondering where you all get those images from for your characters?
Hasier
Player

Words: 1137
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 12:58 am
Race: Human, Benshira

Postby Jesslyn Skyglow on July 3rd, 2013, 6:22 am

Your are very welcome! And Welcome to the city. But for the image you'll have to be specific.
Jesslyn Skyglow

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Noblesse on July 3rd, 2013, 8:12 am

Manith, Alira, and Hasier: Welcome, welcome! It's fantastic to have so many new people starting in Avanthal!! As I have said to Typhos above, if there's anything you want to say or ask, just post here or hit me up in a PM.

To Hasier, are you talking about a model for your character? We usually just search pictures of people around google and use them if someone has not yet done so. You can also just browse through pictures of lesser known celebrities and models (since they're often the underused ones) and choose who you think represents your character best. Good luck on searching! :)

And Jesslyn, that is sweet! Thank you for taking the time and stepping up on sharing some tips to our newer members.
Noblesse
Let them eat flavored snow!

Words: 181013
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2013, 5:29 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Jesslyn Skyglow on July 3rd, 2013, 9:39 am

So ummm guess what?

its 2:30 in the morning

my mind is screaming for sleep like this:

but im like this:

the twist?

I have to get up at 6:30 and then train.. my reactions include

not too sure how many gifs you are aloud to have in one post of posted at all but imma test the limits... and head to bed. Noblesse, I'll PM you with our talk and then about what started in here sometime tomorrow.... not sure when but sometime.

XOXOXOXOXO
~Jammy
Jesslyn Skyglow

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Silarial on July 3rd, 2013, 10:22 am

Aw shucks. I made it to Jesslyn's list of veteran Avanthal players. *kicks the ground bashfully*

Friends! Ask me anytime if you have questions regarding anything. I can't offer myself for new threads right now but... soon, I hope. :D
Silarial
Well... that happened.

Words: 140345
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 6:44 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext