Completed Shake, Wrestle, And Roll!!

Mamuro is forced to spend the day at the training grounds learning basic moves.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Shake, Wrestle, And Roll!!

Postby Kalesserimamoru on June 22nd, 2013, 1:34 am

The Training Grounds/ 10th Bell /52 Summer, 448 AV

Mamuro grumbled to himself as he slithered through the tunnels that led to the training ground. Morgana hadn't been kidding when she said that he would learn to wrestle better, and that he would learn now. Mamuro was the tricky sort and most times, the young dhani could talk his way out of having to deal with many things. But Morgana knew her little brother more than anyone and she wasn't about to fall for his tricks. Not only wouldn't she fall for his tricks, but she went the extra step to set him up and appointment to learn from one of the teachers in the nest.

For Mamuro, there was no getting out of it. His sister's word was final. It was a long and boring journey to the training ground. The young dhani thought as much as he could, put all of his ideas and tricks into play to try and think of a way that he could slink out of the training, but he could come up with nothing. Morgana had already saw through his schemes and would make sure that he was there and training. He exited the tunnel and moved into the area that was the training ground and looked around for his instructor.

It didn't take long for him to find him, a much older and taller dhani, who as surrounded by a few younger and small guys, much like himself. Mamuro frowned as he looked at them all. He had thought it would be a private lesson, or bashing. But Morgana had only gotten him a spot in with a group of guys who were in for lessons. The young dhani stayed back from the group and only watched them all from afar. The instructor stood at the head of the group and even though he saw Mamuro, he didn't acknowledge that he was there. Instead, the elder dhani kept his eyes on those in front of him.

"Today you all will be learning the basicss. I don't care how far you have come in your training until now. It doessn't matter. Today you train with me, and I do thingss differently. We will sstart with sssimple sstirkess, basic grapple movess and lifting."

Mamuro mumbled under his breath again, he couldn't believe he was being forced to learn to wrestle with a group of no bodies. It was pitiful, and with so many around he would likely have to take turns or stand around and watch how others did it. That was a no, and he simply wouldn't stand for it. Mamuro slithered a few feet backwards and turned to head towards the exit. Sadly his path was blocked by his sister and one of her male dhani friends who was twice his size. The young dhani hissed under his breath and gave a heavy sigh. It seems there was no way out of it.

Last edited by Kalesserimamoru on June 27th, 2013, 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything happens out of necessity."
Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Words: 450418
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2013, 3:10 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Kalesserimamoru on June 23rd, 2013, 6:47 pm

"Do you really want to sssee me wresstle ssso bad? Fine then I will. You sstay, hm? You can watch me go!"

Mamuro demanded, a frown growing quickly upon his features as he snapped away from his sister and her companion. The angry, young dhani slithered to the very front of the group, moving past anyone who may have been thinking of stepping up to test their strength. The instructor was surprised by his sudden interest in training, but he knew all to well, that a fire from within is what pushed dhani to to be the strongest. The instructor looked off to the others standing in wait, and chose a dhani around the same size as Mamuro and nodded him over. The young dhani stared each other down and stood a few steps apart, while the others created a semi circle around while, giving the instructor and the boys room to move around.

"Firsst you will preform a grapple, one hand on the back of your opponentsss neck, and the other over hisss sshoulder. While doing thiss, you will keep your back asss sstraight asss posssible and try to push the other guy back. The reasson for thisss iss a sshow of sstrength to ssee which of you isss the sstronger."

"I paired you both off becausse you are ssimilar in ssize, and probably in sstrength alsso. Next, I want you to grapple into a headlock, which will give you the upper hand for the moment. I will call it when I have ssseen enough. Now try it."

There was silence among those watching, they wanted to see what these other dhani could do, and how much they had to learn, or perhaps how easy it might be to best one or the other. Mamuro and the other dhani he faced, slithered around each other, trying to intimidate each other and gain the upper hand. Once they stopped, both dashed forward, arms raising as they clashed together. Mamuro locked his arms in placed and kept his back straight as he pushed the other dhani back. There was a quick jerk, the other dhani coiling his tail and stopped himself from being pushed further.

Now it was his turn, and he dug in his tail and pushed Mamuro back a inch or too. By this time the dhani were grappling back in the original place that they had started. Both boys unlocked their arms and moved back a little to reset their moves. The instructor didn't speak a word and only watched as the boys clashed a second time. Mamuro wrapped his arms around the boy's upper body, one hand around his neck and the other just over his shoulder. With their backs straight, they both pushed against each other and tried to over power the other.

Suddenly, the other dhani got the upper hand and pulled Mamuro's head down as he wrapped his arms around it and held him in a head lock. Mamuro hissed under his breath and tried to keep his head down so that the boy's arm didn't squeeze his neck. With one hand pushing against his arm, and the other on the boy's back, Mamuro struggled to release himself. But the other dhani wouldn't make it easy, and pushed down with his weight and squeezed his arm tighter around Mamuro's head. Suddenly, Mamuro slammed his elbow into the back of his opponent to loose his grip, and then reached out with both arms, while turning his body outward, as he pushed the boy's arms up and freed his head.

Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Kalesserimamoru on June 25th, 2013, 10:09 pm

There was a brief moment of freedom, and the young dhani could feel the air against his flesh, and there was a weightlessness there now. But just as he was freed, the other dhani snapped his arms back around Mamuro's head and squeezed even tighter. The young dhani hissed and struggled, but with the add pressure and weight, he couldn't seem to free himself as he had before. The other dhani looked on as did the instructor. There were murmurs and whispers going about hissing lips, but the instructor said nothing, and continued to watch closely. Being able to control an opponents movements was a key elements to taking them down.

"Isss that the besst you can do, boy?"

The dhani taunted Mamuro, arching his back and pushing down his arms to wrap tighter around the young dhani' head and hold him in place. Mamuro squirmed and bucked, but he couldn't squeeze his head through, or lift the boy's arms over his head again. Slowly he could feel himself getting dizzy and his lungs began to take in less air and less air. The more he struggled the worse it all seemed to get. In a desperate move to free himself, Mamuro lowered his arms and wrapping them tightly around the other dhani' waste. He lowered his stance, arched his back as he picked the boy up and slammed him backwards onto the cold floor. There was a thud as they both landed, and the other dhani released his hold to grab the back of his head and rolled away.

"Sstop!"

The instructor commanded and slithered between them. He knew enough about hot headed dhani and how quick they were to jump at a fight, or worse. And just as he had thought, the other dhani jumped up and tried to tackled Mamuro. The instructor quickly grabbed him and held him back. "I ssaid enough!" he yelled louder. Mamuro, on the other hand, didn't attack and slithered back and coiled his tail around him. His eyes stared intently at the other dhani,ready and waiting to finish him off the moment he struck.

"I won't have thisss kind of dissorder in my training ssesssion. Now both of you to your placess."

The instructor was a fierce dhani, and his presences and tone of voice was enough to put any of them in line and silent. Mamuro slithered back to the place where he had started and waited for the other dhani to make it back to his place. The instructor looked them both over, and although he didn't smile, he was doing so inwardly. They were bold and proud dhani, aggressors and predators, they would do him proud.

"Good job, now Mamuro, ssince you want to get into sslamming. That'sss what you both are going to do. I want you both to grapple again, and attempt to ssslam the other. Thisss sshould be ssimple. You grapple for possition and you pick the other up and sslam them.

Go!"

Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Kalesserimamoru on June 26th, 2013, 8:10 pm

The whispers only grew louder, the dhani watching all excited and waiting to see who would gain the upper hand this time around. The other dhani seemed to have more strength but Mamuro had just as much cunning to balance it out. The young dhani was already there against his will, he wasn't about to play nice...or fair. Morgana watched with amusement from the tunnel exit. Her little brother wasn't enjoying himself, but it was when he was angry that he was the most viscous. And she knew that he needed that in his life if he wanted to be worth anything. His tricks and loophole searching aside, he also needed strength and discipline.

Both dhani circled each other, arms loose and ready to strike. Their eyes met and not for even a tick did they blink. "You're mine boy. Yess, I'm going to take you thiss time. You're mine." And just as he spoke, the Dhani dashed forward, wrapping his arms around Mamuro as she lifted him up and twisted his body to spin him around as he planted the dhani flat on his back. Mamuro hit the ground hard, and would have cursed if it had not been for the air that was forced out of him upon his crash. The other Dhani chuckled and made all sorts of odd noises as they looked on. The Dhani stood proud over Mamuro, flexing his small chest muscles to show off his physical features.

"Enough.."

The instructor called out to end the practice round. He slithered forward to help Mamuro off the ground, but the young Dhani turned his hand away and stood on his own. What happened next surprised the old Dhani, as he watched Mamuro extend a hand to shake with the other Dhani he had practiced with. Although he didn't know Mamuro personally, from what he had seen of him so far, he didn't look the type to be so humble. This was the same reaction that the other Dhani had before he hesitantly shook his hand. The instructor nodded and looked to check over his list of what he would teach them next.

However....

The moment that the Dhani released Mamuro's hand and turned his back to him, Mamuro jumped up from behind him, wrapping his arms around the other Dhani neck and then driving him down on the ground. The Dhnai watching roared again, looking down on the ground at the Dhani that was once again holding his head. "What did I sssay!" the instructor yelled, and slithered forward to break them up, but Mamuro had already slithered back and away from them all.

"That'sss it you're done. You sstay over there, and you go over there." The instructor emphasized this by pointing in the directions that he wanted them to go. The Dhani slowly pushed himself off the ground with the help of another while Mamuro stood coiled in the corner watching it all with a satisfied grin on his face.

Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Kalesserimamoru on June 27th, 2013, 1:15 am

The instructor called upon two other dhani and had them step forward to wrestle. Since Mamuro and the other was having such a hard time, he decided to set them aside, but he had plans for them also. But first he spoke to the others and addressed the way he wanted them to wrestle and glaring shortly at Mamuro and the other as he did so. One he was done speaking with them, the two boys started to wrestle each other. Mamuro stood silently in the shadows, an unmoving statue with a piercing gaze that watched from afar.

He observed the match in progress, and at once he could already see that it would be a friendly sort of match. Both Dhani appeared to wait on the other, and didn't attack until they were both ready. That was good sportsmanship, however Mamuro wasn't looking to join in a competition. Morgana said that he needed to get better at wrestling, she didn't say anything about taking it easy or being respectful. But of course, that was the way that his mind worked, always searching, always looking to find an edge or and out to whatever it was that he didn't want to deal with.

Mamuro looked on at the match, and was sickened by how well they danced together, to him, they looked like they were putting on a show instead of trying to out wrestle the other. The young Dhani frowned, and quickly started to search for another way out of the place. There had to be something he could hide himself behind, or another area that he could slip through without his sister seeing him. "Well now...that looksss promissing." He thought as he spotted a chart bring wheeled in with supplies inside it.

But just as he started to move, he was blocked by the looming figure of the instructor. Mamuro hissed under his breath and glared upward at the Dhani. There wasn't an expression on his face, it was like stone, unmoving and unblinking. The young Dhani licked his tongue out and cocked his head to the side. "Yesss? What now? Are you going to asssk me to leave?"

The instructor stared at him more and then spoke in a very serious tone. "Sssince you and the other one want to play around. You can train another way. I want 50 pussh upss from each of you." Mamuro started to laugh, he couldn't believe that the guy was serious. The young Dhani tried to move, but suddenly found himself in a choke hold by the instructor, who's moves had been too fast for him to predict. Mamuro struggled and twisted about, but couldn't free himself despite it all.

"Alright....Alright!"

He growled, prompting the instructor to release him, and watched as the breathless Dhani landed on the ground hard. Mamuro coughed and hacked for a moment, his eyes raised and staring deadly at the dhani that had just choked him good. "Fine..fine.." He hissed and placed his hands shoulder width apart and flapped his tail around as he found his position. Mamuro pushed himself up, extending his arms fully, before he lowered back down to where his chest barely touched the ground. He lifted up again, a curse slipping out of his mouth each time that he did so.

Suddenly, there was a weight upon his back, the instructor having leaned down and pressed his own weight against Mamuro to make it even harder for him to push up. "Flamesss!" he hissed and tried even harder to move. He could feel his muscles getting weaker and a soreness rising within him from the added presser. But on he would go, he struggled, cursed more, but Mamuro slowly lifted himself up as much as he could, before slowly and with shaky limbs let himself back down. The young Dhani realized the trouble that he would be in, the pain that would be inflicted upon him, but at this point he would have to bare it.

Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Traverse on June 28th, 2013, 1:43 pm

Mamoru

Skill XP Earned
Bodybuilding 1 XP
Endurance 2 XP
Observation 2 XP
Wrestling 3 XP

Lores Earned
Domination Through Grappling
Deception Over Honor
The Price for Disobeying an Instructor

Additional Notes :
First off I want to apologize for mixing up the u and o in your name and thinking your name was Mamuro instead of Mamoru lol, I will keep a careful eye out in the future.

This was a nice little thread! I'm really starting to see just how much Mamoru likes to get into trouble. But being a Dhani...I think its quite fitting how he does it. The Endurance points are for the sheer exertion illustrated in this thread, and I really liked the different portrayals of Dhani wrestling techniques. If there was a more specific lore you were looking for, lemme know!

Yes, I Bite.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)