[AMELIA'S SCRAPS]A twisted wonderland

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Amelia Cross on June 28th, 2013, 3:25 pm

Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore

Well, I have had this relationship with a lot of books, especially over the past 3-4 years, since my taste has changed quite a bit.

The Witch of Portobello

Is one of the many books I loved to death, and then it kind of grew into ‘eh, its good’. I blame myself for that, because I had a big habit of re-reading it and it just lost its magic to me and became all…average….

Still, a good read that has motivated me throughout the period I when I loved it, and even now I still refer to a few of its teaching, it you could call it that.

“Reason lost the battle,
      and all I could do was surrender and accept
        I was in love.”
Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on June 29th, 2013, 5:18 pm

The confessions of a Roleplayer?[mini edition]

The people I have roleplayed with in the past, might have noticed this better than others. But, clearly, I have become much more active around the forum. My posting speed has increased, I finally managed to get around and answer my PMs [sort of on time]. I even managed to start chatting with people I thread with [though chat is still a nononononono for me ._. ]

Still, with all of that improvement, I manage to feel down when it comes to threading. I feel like the quantity has increased, but my quality has dropped. Sure, over the past months spent on Mizahar, I have managed to improve, and even the worst of my posts don’t compare to what I started out with. But…I somehow feel bad. Has anyone ever had this feeling when posting? When you feel like you could do better, but something is stopping you? And you are not even sure what? When you are afraid to receive an answer to your previous post….

Anyway, that was one thing that is constantly bugging me. Especially, because the people I am threading with are so awesome, that I just can’t seem to…fit up to them.

But yea, I often feel guilty about my posts. How little detail I have put in, but when I try to keep it, it ends up as ‘inner’ rambling. Which I also don’t find to be good, because nothing is actually said? You know what I mean…I’m sure everyone has encountered at least one block of creative writing that has this habit…

But that leads me to one more thing. Me being afraid of the players/writers/staff…

First off, I know how silly that sounds…but, I am afraid of quite a bit of everyone around here. And it makes me laugh when I think of it, because offline I am quite sociable and don’t tend to be intimidated by people. But here, even though I have noticed certain actions from players, making it so clear they are nice…I just don’t find the gut in me to send them a PM…I don’t find the gut to ask them about threads or plot. Heck, I don’t even have the gut to post in other people scrapbooks or mizahar/none mizahar discussion… has anyone else faced this sort of…problem?

I’m seriously getting terrified of these symptoms, as they are blocking me from getting better as a writer and also…they are stopping poor Amelia from evolving! [and I seem to have lost connection to her…you know…as if my phobia of players and insecurities weren’t enough…]

If anyone has any sort of medicine for this…let me know D:

and now...when I read it all over, I realized I made no sense what so ever...oh well...emotional writing

Anyway…have to get back to threads/posts…as soon as that is done, I’ll post the next answer to the 30 day book challenge, that will make more sense and probably be a bit more optimistic than this...rant-ish thing.
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Day 13 – Your favorite writer

Postby Amelia Cross on June 29th, 2013, 6:26 pm

Day 13 – Your favorite writer

Oh, I could have listed dozens of writers I am in love with, some of them known and some of them not so know. But, with great difficulty, I narrowed down my list of favorite writers to two. And since I had already mentioned A.Rice, I decided to give the spotlight to…*epic drumroll*

Haruki Murakami

Yep, this would probably be the man who ties with A.Rice on my top list. But if I would have the choice, to not choose….I would have taken that chance. Because I’m just not the kind of person who can chose one favorite thing, it’s too much to ask from me D:

“And once the storm is over,
      you won’t remember how you made it through,
        how you managed to survive.
          You won’t even be sure,
            whether the storm is really over.
              But one thing is certain.
                When you come out of the storm,
                  you won’t be the same person who walked in.
                    That’s what this storm’s all about.”
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Philomena on June 29th, 2013, 9:20 pm

I do know what you're talking about with being frightened of others, it has been very difficult for me, as well, in many ways. Partly, I suppose, I've grown older (not up, just older), and with age perhaps comes a touch more desperation - so this overrides my antisocial fears. Partly its simple that I had to force myself into it. Chat is this way, I sort of just punched myself in the nose strategically enoguh that I would fall into chat. And iut probably showed - I still have a bad reputation there, I know, sometimes, with some people. But in the end? I love Minnie, and I love writing, and I love other people too much for to have let things stand as they were, I suppose.

You're a lovely writer, if my judgement means anything. You deserve to have freinds around that, and to be able to expand and grow in that. But I know, believe me, reason doesn't always have anything to do with changing :D
Philomena
Player

Words: 718931
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2012, 3:40 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on June 30th, 2013, 4:33 pm

thank you, it means a lot to hear something nice!
and to know I am not the only one who has experienced such...interesting feelings regarding the player base here :)

Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer

I wasn’t sure what book to pick amongst the rest, so I went with the one that made me fall in love with the writer in the first place.

Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman

This is a wonderful set of stories. I remember the day I got myself this book. I was at the hospital once more for a few weeks. My laptop had died and needed repair and I forgot to pick up any books at home. So, after my first checkup in the hospital was done and I had some free time, I went to the book store that wasn’t far.

I had never really heard of H.Murakami before I got this book. So the fact I picked it up amongst other books, was pure luck. I think what attracted me to it was the design, as other books were colorful and bright, this was white and had a really tasteful design [the book I own is the UK edition I believe, the same design as shown above] and the tittle was also nice.

Not to mention, I prefer reading singular books, not series and above all I love shorter stories. So a book with short novels was brilliant, the tittles of individual works were creative and got to me even before I read them. And all in all, the book gave me a good impression.

And I do not regret going after another set of stories latter on, I do not regret reading every book of H.Murakami I ever got my hands on…I regret….NOTHING. Not even the fact I have read this book over and over countless times. I just love it…especially this one

Aeroplane:Or, How He Talked to Himself as If Reciting Poetry

“He sometimes wondered if she had become involved with him
      just so that she could cry in someone's arms.
        Maybe she can't cry alone,
          and that's why she needs me.”
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on July 2nd, 2013, 6:46 pm

So, it’s already a habit to forget about the posting, once in a while…

Day 15 – Favorite male character

So, I have quite a lot of male characters I like, but, when I think of a character I love….nothing really comes to the mind. So I decided to speak about a character that stands out to me amongst the rest:

Draco Malfoy “Harry Potter”

Secret :

So, what I like about him? Can’t really put it into words. To me, Draco is a highly misunderstood character, just like his whole family. Everyone sees the Malfoys as spoiled, rotten and pretty much a series of words that require censorship. While in truth, they do everything they do for the sole purpose of saving their own family.

Not to mention, the way he is such a good example of a ‘bad turned good’ just makes me go all….awwwww.

"You don't know what I'm capable of,
      you don't know what I've done!"

Day 16 – Favorite female character

So…I have none…
This is probably due the fact that most every books I read are male-hero, since the female lead usually ends up being a soppy lover story and I can’t stand teen fantasy ‘romance’. And other books that tend to be featuring a female heroin that is actually strong, she has a completely rotten personality without anything to back it up…
In the end…I will return to a book that has been mentioned before….

Akasha - Vampire Chronicles

Secret :

So, Akasha is by far my favorite female heroin, if I am forced to pick someone that is, and her story is one of the best romance stories out there. A struggle of a queen, a woman who is blood thirsty and created 4000 years before Christ…

A woman who knows her sins and knows how to live with them, and falls in love with someone who she finds to be ‘inappropriate’…really, gotta love her…:D

“I cannot turn this earth into a garden,
      I cannot create the Eden of human imagination unless I eliminate the males almost completely”
    Last edited by Amelia Cross on July 3rd, 2013, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Amelia Cross

Character sheet
    Storyteller secrets
    Plotnotes
    Overlored (1)

Day 17 – Favorite quote from your favorite book

Postby Amelia Cross on July 3rd, 2013, 1:01 pm

Day 17 – Favorite quote from your favorite book

Well, a problem is that, I don’t really deal books into favorites and such. So, I have no idea what to put here. A good amount of books I call my favorite, or at least come to mind first, are already listed. So, I guess I’ll just chose a quote from a book I didn’t exactly love, but it was still awesome, but the quote was awesome.

“At the temple there is a poem called "Loss" carved into the stone.
        It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out.
          You cannot read loss, only feel it.”

“Memoirs of a Geisha” by Arthur Golden
    Amelia Cross

Character sheet
    Storyteller secrets
    Plotnotes
    Overlored (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on July 4th, 2013, 9:03 pm

Day 18 – A book that disappointed you

A tricky question, as a lot of books have disappointed me in my life. Mainly because I have heard really good stuff about them from people, critics and really close friends….and then I read it and go all like….blah…And they aren’t in the section of ‘overrated’ just, not what I expected… And the brightest example of it, must be:

Halo

I’m not necessarily saying it’s a bad book, I’m just saying it didn’t work for me as good as it was expected. Maybe my friends just put too much glitter and fantasy on it, hiding the actual plot…but I was really disappointed in it….:(

Though, when I think of it as a whole and pay attention to the plot…I must say….my friends didn’t know me when they told me “HEY! You will so LOVE that book!” ._.”

I didn't hate it, I still don't....but...no...do not advise you to read it...
    Amelia Cross

Character sheet
    Storyteller secrets
    Plotnotes
    Overlored (1)

Postby Draven on July 4th, 2013, 11:12 pm

* sneaks inside Amelia's scrapbook *
    ψ(`∇´)ψ ..................... ^(#`∀´)_Ψ
    * leaves behind a single piece of paper *
    Note :
    Hey, Amelia!
    Been reading your literary entries, and -being a book-devourer myself -
    I think you've got great taste!
    ... that's all!

* sneaks off into the night *
    Draven
    Player

Words: 27806
    Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2013, 4:08 pm
    Race: Ghost
    Character sheet
    Scrapbook
    Plotnotes

Postby Amelia Cross on July 5th, 2013, 11:28 am

Thank you, It's always nice to hear someone finds your taste [in anything actually] good :)

Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie

Yea, we all know those books that were turned into movies. I can actually name a lot of them, but those would be the movies of the ‘better than the book’ series. But I see the question, as naming a book and movie, which you liked equally, Or…kind of the same way. Without the need to be all ‘oh, the book was soooo much better’ or ‘the movie was so much better’ So for me, that must be:

The Picture Of Dorian Grey

Hands down, this is by far my favorite book, that has been turned into a movie. I liked the earlier versions of it, but this stands out to me amongst the rest, the 2009 edition.
    All in all, I love this book, it is one of those classical works that I have in my hearth and even just thinking about reading it makes me go all fuzzy. What is quite weird because, the book isn’t really all that…sugar coated.
    As for the movie, well, It is really good. I do assume that someone who hasn’t read the book would enjoy the movie more, but, none the less I love it and it’s one of those movies I can watch over and over again… I’m guessing the fact that D.Grey is played by Ben Barns has some sort of impact on me ._.

“I have grown to love secrecy.
        It seems to be the one thing that can make modern life mysterious or marvelous to us.
          The commonest thing is delightful if only one hides it.”
    Amelia Cross

Character sheet
    Storyteller secrets
    Plotnotes
    Overlored (1)

PreviousNext