Adrian's Scrapbook [The Refuge]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Adrian on July 1st, 2013, 2:17 am

Welcome to The Refuge, Home to Adrian's Scrapbook

As for a bit about myself, my name is Andrew, and I love to travel. I'm a bit of an explorer at heart, which is why I originally fell in love with Mizahar in the first place back in 2011. For those of you reading this that are "Veteran" Mizaharians as they say, you'd very likely recognize my other creations, those being Nex Paciscor, Erzotol Silverden, Darian, Ragnor Matlian, Faraluun, Atl, Dovinya, and lastly, Lariat. These names I'd like to forget, but they are mine to remember for they stand testament to my failure as a member of this very community. They mark a very self-centered part of my life when I thought that whatever I was dealing with at the time was more important than the commitments I'd made to people of this community, and in short, reflected acutely my ill character at the time. I've had a lot of time to think since then during a separation from this community, tossing up whether or not to return, because I didn't want to face judgment for my ill conceived actions, so I waited even long before returning until at last I came to the understanding that simply ignoring something doesn't make it go away, even online. I know common sense to everyone else, I lacked it for sometime I admit. Anyways, in so realizing that it wouldn't simply go away, I decided to come back, not because I've missed writing here, who wouldn't, but because I want to apologize to those I've affected by my gross inactivity, and actions by default with the above listed characters. I know well how a missing character or an inactive moderator, affects negatively those involved with said creations, and I deeply regret my actions, and the trouble I caused all of those depending on me as a moderator, and as a player. It was stupid and foolish. Retrospect is 20/20 they say, a sentiment I wholly agree with, and through time I can only hope I can be a more dependent member of this community in the time to come. Words are just air though, actions are hard and real, and I know only through my actions can I prove I can be a dependable player. Trust is valuable, but it must be earned.

I thank you though, for taking the time to read this all the way through instead of simply skipping to another link. My next scraps will be more Mizahar oriented, but I felt it necessary to get this out, for progress requires a solid foundation, and this is mine.

Till next time,
Adrian
Last edited by Adrian on April 5th, 2014, 3:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Adrian
Player

Words: 31235
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2012, 4:17 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Adrian on July 15th, 2013, 5:18 am

The Resident Cats!

Now that I have you distracted, the inspiration bug has bitten, and so here is a short tale about a Myrian:

From her high vantage point, she could see something stirring up the foliage ahead, trampling through the jungle louder than anything Sava had ever encountered. It was obviously not an animal, they were smarter than that. Must be trespassers, stupid people whom do not know these lands. Her heart quickened at the thought of the bloodshed to come.

Wasting now time, she cupped her hands before her mouth, cawing out the prearranged signal, before stringing her bow. Whatever it was, it was headed in her direction, and she would be in the perfect position to strike from above, or simply watch them go by if the moment called for it. She had a mind for the former, so she could personally bring the swift justice of Myri upon these barbarians. Perhaps though, the jungle might have plans for them.

Looking around, she could see that most of her fang was already in position, ready to rain death upon the outsiders. They did her proud with their efficiency and speed at surrounding their quarry. It showed respect to the effectiveness of her training. By the time the outsiders had crossed half the distance towards her position, her fang had completely encircled them, though they were none the wiser. Stupid humans.

It surprised her that they decided to come into the jungle while so few in number. To her count, they only numbered ten, with only four of them appearing to be warriors. The others carried supplies. It was ridiculous how open they left themselves.

Drawing deftly an arrow from her quiver and pulling its fletchings in line with her ear. She took aim on the outsider at the head at the party, first aiming for the easier target, his broad chest before trailing up his center to line up the shot with the man's head. Perhaps they would appreciate the symbolism before they rejoined the cycle. With that thought in mind, she let fly.

The man didn't even see it coming, and his friends almost missed it too because before his head even finished snapping back from the impact, her fangs arrows reached out from the surrounding trees, making short work of the men below. They fell with hardly a sound it seemed, and the natural noises of the jungle resumed their dominance once more.

From her position in the tree, she looked down at dead below with mixed feelings. There was no pride to be had from killing such easy prey. On the other hand though, they would eat well tonight.
Adrian
Player

Words: 31235
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2012, 4:17 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook