Jamouran Family Concept?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Jamouran Family Concept?

Postby Prid on May 16th, 2013, 1:02 am

Hello! I'm trying to work on my story for a gnosis, as well as my character's basic history. I've read up on the Jamouran family structure and all, but I was wondering this: do Jamoura have a concept of extended family? Like, do they recognize their parent's siblings as part of the family as well, and do they actively recognize them as "aunts" or "uncles"?
Prid
A tale as old as time.

Words: 16589
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2013, 7:17 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Jamouran Family Concept?

Postby Gillar on August 4th, 2013, 7:00 am

Indeed the Jamoura recognize family structure. They have aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, etc. The one thing to keep in mind however is that there are only around 1000 Jamoura in existence and their lifespan is perhaps the longest of any mortal race on Mizahar. It is estimated that they may live up to 850 years however no Jamoura alive is anywhere near that so the lifespan could be even longer if not immortal as far as aging is concerned. They don't reproduce very fast at all and their extended families aren't likely to be very large. There aren't great-grandfathers or great-uncles at all. The first generation of Jamoura are still alive and the oldest are grand-fathers at best. A single Jamoura would have their mother and father, maybe grandparents but not always, maybe a brother or sister or two. They may have an aunt or an uncle and maybe a cousin or two but that is about it.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)