Arthur's Scrapbook (Needs More Ketchup)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Arthur Graystone on June 27th, 2013, 2:00 pm

What can I say? I'm a sucker for do it yourself stuff? And what better do it yourself thing is there than a make it yourself thing? That's where Scrapbook comes in. Now I know what you're thinking. Well stop thinking, shut up, and look at the pretty pictures!

Expect anything. This is my world and anything goes!
Arthur Graystone
The future King of Thieves

Words: 24397
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2013, 2:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Arthur Graystone on July 7th, 2013, 12:51 pm

Wasn't quite sure how to start this off. And then I thought...POSTERS!

This is why I stopped watching Naruto... :nod:

Arthur Graystone

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Arthur Graystone on August 6th, 2013, 6:02 pm

Now I'd like to talk about something a little bit more sophisticated...art. And I don't mean the Mona Lisa like portraits. I mean the crazy paintings that make you think or just look awesome.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

That's the kind of art I can get into, though I'm not much of an art person. Personally I prefer music, but there are some works that manage to draw my attention. There's one genre in particular, though, that I feel is like the art world's version of rock music. I'm talking about optical illusions. Weird yes, but I think they're both "unique" in their worlds. That's just my opinion anyway. But to know what I'm talking about, you'll have to see one for yourself.

Exhibit A

Note: This is a still image. Yet scrolling makes it appear to move.

Exhibit B
Note: Also a still image that makes an illusion of movement while scrolling.

It's like mind f**k!
Arthur Graystone

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 6th, 2013, 9:40 pm

I love picture like that. I am a sucker for illusions and 'magic' pictures, such as moving pictures. Have you ever seen those pictures where there are words hidden in it? Like these?

I like pictures like these a lot. Sometimes (I am extremely unobservant so you know)I take hours just to try and figure out where the other word is, depending on the picture. These ones are simple but you get the point. :P

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Arthur Graystone on August 7th, 2013, 4:46 am

I have seen one picture like that, but there was only one word (as seen below)

But that word inception type stuff might take me a while to figure out, since it was hard just to find the fish word. I actually like the ones were you find the hidden stuff.

Ex 1: The Hidden Animals
I won't tell you how many there really are.

Ex 2: The Test
This one I put here just because. We are in a writers world here, so let's see how many of you can spot the illusion.

You know, that kind of stuff. Yeah it fits the same category of word inception stuff, but there's something about finding hidden objects and such that makes me feel smart (not that I'm stupid or anything :paranoid: )
Arthur Graystone

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Arthur Graystone on August 26th, 2013, 11:43 am

And now for something a little more serious. Just something I've been thinking about that you probably should think about sooner or later. That's right, I'm talking about a "question of the..." thing. This will be the question of the month.

For August

I heard that in the future, they predict mankind to blend with robotics. There will be robots that look like humans, humans in robot bodies, and robots who look like humans and don't know they're robots. You've seen stuff like Terminator so you know where I'm getting at. They say that putting humans in robot bodies would actually make you immortal.

Now here's where you come in. Do you actually think that having a future populated by machines would actually be a bad thing? Personally I say yes because humanity would probably go extinct because everyone was trying to become immortal robots. But you never know...
Arthur Graystone

Character sheet
Scrapbook