[Tebrist's Scrapbook] I can do things!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Tebrist on August 14th, 2013, 9:24 am

This'll basically be a bunch of things about stuff. Research about various races. Links of all manner will come here. Some will be potentially inappropriate - I will tell you when this is the case.

Just going to remind myself of the Terms of Use. Don't do bad stuff. Okay? Got it? Good.

Starting off with a very risky topic - the reproductive systems of the Akvatari. You have the power to click away at any time, should you find any part of this post offensive. I'm going to link to various things. I raised the question here, where Lullaby helpfully suggested that the Akvatari have whatever seals have.

So I've been getting to know a seal's reproductive system, using this thing (NSFW). Because of course there's a 19-page article of sorts about the reproductive biology of seals on the Internet. There are diagrams on pages 6 and 7.

I'll pick this up later.
A cocoon hangs over a secret water's edge in her head
The water reflects tells a story without one of its own
Some stories joyful, some wretched, some stories sharp, some soft
Flowing together, the ripples stripping them of smoke and mirrors.

Inside the cocoon, a slug grows, hungry for the stories beneath
A lazy moth is taking shape, draped in ghostly hues
Her wings unfurl.
Tebrist
Sad butterseal is sad everywhere.

Words: 3244
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2013, 1:58 am
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet

Postby Kit Rowan on August 14th, 2013, 12:22 pm

x
Okay, I haven't touched those links because I'm honestly not super interested in seal sex and anatomy. Here's my question; have you asked the creator of the race your main question? That being Liminal? Send him a PM. May take a while for him to get back to you, mind, but he did make the race and before you go speculating you really ought ask him and see if there's not a real simple answer.
x
Unless Otherwise Stated, Expect Kit To Have Already Disguised Herself With Illusionism As 'Shy' In Every Ravok Thread.
Kit Rowan
Acrobat, Sorceress, Rogue

Words: 433379
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)

Postby Tebrist on August 15th, 2013, 6:27 am

I can't imagine why you would be potentially disinterested in that sort of stuff (lies - I totally can and I sympathize but I feel questions deserve answers), though I would like to point out that the links are more for my own reference and it's completely optional if others want to look at what I've found.

PMing Liminal sounds like a good idea, though, so I'll do that. Chances are he hasn't given it much thought - all of Mizahar seem to shy away from these sorts of things - but it'll be nice to have something to accept as canon.

Frametrans is fun.

Her wings unfurl.
Tebrist

Character sheet

Postby Tebrist on August 21st, 2013, 7:50 am

So, guys. I got an answer, and it's as I (secretly Lullaby actually suggested it but nobody needs to know that) thought. I also learned that seal bits are retractable. Makes me kinda wanna be a seal, because that's kind of cool, don't you think?

Anyway, I think I'm getting less bad when it comes to poetry. Here, have some aimless rambling!
A mirror of far reflections
Showing all from every angle.
Stare into its wondrous depths,
and find yourself wondering
Which of its endless sides you came from.

I'm thinking I had Nysel in mind when I thought of it. Getting lost in His domain would be pretty interesting, don't you think?

Her wings unfurl.
Tebrist

Character sheet