Hello!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello!

Postby Hiwalani Kau'i on August 22nd, 2013, 4:40 am

1. Hi everyone, my name is Hiwalani! In the past, I have RPed at Nationstates.net, but rps tend to go inactive quickly over there.Luckily, I ran into this site on jaycatschoice.top-site-list.com. I'm really into detailed writing and character dialogue. I don't really know what I prefer to write/not write about, but I enjoy being a little creative and imaginative. The complexity of this site is amazing, I can't wait to be part of this community But all this complexity is hard to comprehend. Maybe someone might be able to help me out in understanding this place in depth? I'm a hands on learner. Could I have a mentor of some kind to introduce me to how things work around here? I couldn't criticize this website because I know nothing about it. Anyone need an absolutely clueless person? Or want to help one out?
Hiwalani Kau'i
Player

Words: 9244
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2013, 3:15 am
Race: Human

Hello!

Postby Roland Eir on August 22nd, 2013, 6:00 am

Hello Hiwalani! Welcome to Mizahar! I totally understand how difficult it is to get started on Mizahar, the system is awesomely complex. Once you get the hang of it though, it really is better than anything else I've seen out there. I know a Mentor system was recently introduced, though I'm not sure if it's been implemented yet. I would offer to show you the ropes myself, but I'm hardly a veteran. Only advice I can give you is to start reading the lore ASAP. The more you know, the easier it is to get started. Again, welcome!
Roland Eir
The Reluctant Thief

Words: 125891
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2013, 5:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Hello!

Postby Adeon Tien on August 22nd, 2013, 12:44 pm

I can give you absolutely zero advice.

With that out of the way, welcome to Miz! You're pretty lucky- The staff just added a whole mentorship-program. Them, and whomever is on Chat'll help you out. In the meantime, I'd suggest reading this month's featured thread. Usually a great place to sample what's going on around here. I'm not sure if I can suggest anything for hands-on, though...

'Ah, I should stop giving you work. Welcome to Miz, Hiwalani. I guarantee, you'll like it here.
Whether or not it is certain, or whether or not the answer will ever come to pass, for that matter, is unclear. The answer to your question does not yet exist. There is only, for now, perhaps.

School times are in effect.
Adeon Tien
The Faceless Wanderer

Words: 24714
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 11:41 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Hello!

Postby Harrier on August 22nd, 2013, 6:01 pm

Hi there, Hiwa, and welcome to the game. I'm Harrier, one of Wind Reach's Assistant Storytellers (AS's). While I realize you haven't chosen a domain, made a CS, or done much yet, that's alright; there's a lot of reading you'll hafta do. When you joined Mizahar, you should have received a welcome PM. Take a good look in there; it has a bunch of useful information and links on how to get up and running.

While we do have the new mentor program, I don't know if anybody has been promoted to the position. However, simply look for a purple, green, red, blue, teal, yellow, or burghundy name. Those are Storytellers, Founders, and Admin, and they will always be there to help you out. Chat is also a great tool to get yourself off the ground. Simply hop in and take a listen or chat too. Be sure to look over the sites rules for the forums and the chat room.

Once again, welcome to Mizahar :)
Harrier
Harrier than you

Words: 365904
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2013, 9:07 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Journal