Completed Shopping and a Little Exploring

Savannah spends her first days in Zeltiva.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Shopping and a Little Exploring

Postby Savannah Farstar on August 22nd, 2013, 2:56 am

Day 90 of Summer, 513 AV

The sounds of far off birds calling to each other coupled with the bustling noises of the distant docks awoke Savannah. It had been two years of wandering but she had finally made it to this port city. Now if only she knew what to do next. Maybe a visit to the market is in order. After all two years of travel in one pair of clothes is quite a stretch. Savannah managed to keep them in one piece- relatively speaking- but they were far from new.

After a few moments spent changing into her human form after sleeping as a tiger on the floor, Savannah pulls on her clothes and makes sure everything is in order with her pack before heading out to go find somewhere to buy new clothes. "I'm thinking maybe something like my old dress, but maybe white instead. I was never allowed to wear white when I was little..." She muses to herself as she exits the inn and heads down the streets.

A half hour later Savannah finds herself pushing the door open to Yvette's Dresses For All Occasions, the only store she could seem to find that sold clothes she could wear. As she enters the store Savannah is a little overwhelmed by the smell of fine perfume and the sight of all the exquisite dresses. Feeling completely outclassed and unworthy of shopping at such a place Savannah turns to leave, only to be intercepted by a young looking store clerk.

"Welcome to Yvette's Dresses- Well what are you doing here?" The clerk's cheery voice is almost instantly changed to a disdainful grimace. "If you're looking for the East street, you came to the wrong place." She sneers at Savannah, who looks really confused and guilty.

"I'm uhh... I'm not looking for East Street." She replies sheepishly. "I wanted to buy a dress to umm... Replace this one." Savannah shuffles her feet and shakes the tattered remains of her dress nervously. "I thought I could buy something from here. I have money." At the sound of money the Store clerk instantly brightens and her smile returns.

"Well in that case let's get you looking. My name's Natalie, Natalie Carter and I'll help you get fitted. So what're you looking for? We have many dresses for sale in different fabrics and styles. Of course, we could always custom make a dress to fit your standards, but that is quite a bit pricey." Natalie grabs poor bewildered Savannah by the elbow and proceeds to lead her around the store, rattling off possible styles and colors that would suit her. After nearly ten minutes of this, Savannah finally gets her confusion under control.

"Well I suppose I want a white dress. I've always wanted a white dress. With red embroidery like the color of my hair. Do you have something like that?" Savannah inquires the store clerk, hoping she can just get what she wants and get out. "I also need a new pair of boots. Like these ones. I'm very fond of this style of boot." Natalie eyes Savannah up and down for a moment, a bit put off by her attitude.

"I think I may have one that would fit your standards. I have boots of the same style as well. Let me go get them right away." Natalie hurries off to go collect the dress and boots, leaving Savannah to wait at the front desk. After what seems like ages, Natalie returns and rings up the purchases. "Alright here you are. You may use the changing rooms in the back. We also have a dump for old clothes back there too. Feel free to rid yourself of those horrible rags." She waves Savannah off and returns to her business.

Feeling a little awkward in her new clothes, Savannah finally exits the store and heads down the street with no real location in mind. 'I've always wondered why people wear clothes. Mother always forced me to wear clothes and keep from being a tiger... She forced me to learn modesty and all that, but I still don't get why I have to wear them. Oh well, I follow mother's orders.' She thinks idly to herself while she walks down West Street. "Where to next, I wonder..." Savannah muses aloud as she strolls down the street, not really paying much attention.

Last edited by Savannah Farstar on August 31st, 2013, 8:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Savannah Farstar
The Timid Tiger

Words: 16916
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 2:44 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal

Shopping and a little Exploring

Postby Kashrim Bloodleaf on August 24th, 2013, 4:42 pm

90, Summer, 513 AV

Kashrim exited her apartment under the early afternoon sun, the everyday salt breeze wafting down the street, ruffling the skirts of ladies and shop awnings, all bursting with color. Kashrim smiled at those who passed her, her fingers absentmindedly fingering the hem of her shirt. It was due to be patched, or she could buy a new one all together. Unfortunately she had limited money.

That was the goal of this outing: to find a job... At least that's what she told herself. She had been in her apartment for less than a week, and already her food was going stale or moldy or both (however that happened). She had only ever had simple meals with her father, since neither of them could cook nor afford well-to-do meat. Whenever she stayed with her mother, however, she had always been fed hearty meals of roast meat and fresh fruit, accompanied by other delicacies.

Lost in thought about her pathetic experience with food, she didn't realize she was walking straight into someone before it had already happened. The person in question was a girl with brilliant red hair and fair skin that matched a snow-white dress. Kashrim's mouth fell open, agape at her own carelessness, and she quickly flung her hands up, signing I'm very very sorry!
Last edited by Kashrim Bloodleaf on August 24th, 2013, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kashrim Bloodleaf
The Mute

Words: 4481
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2013, 5:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Yeven Brooks on August 24th, 2013, 7:16 pm

Day 90 of Summer, 513 AV

The sun was high in the sky and sprinkled it's vibrant and warm rays to the people of Zeltiva below. Faint clouds hovered above as they gently moved across the afternoon sky. The sea salt winds carried throughout the city giving a cool and refreshing breeze to all the citizens out shopping in West Street. West Street was busy as always while people came to from shops from all around the area. It was a day just like any another in Zeltiva, but today was special for one individual of the city.

Yeven Brooks had just moved into his new flat and unpacked his very few belongings. It was his first time living on his own after living with his parents for so long. His father and mother had just been there the other day to help him get settled in his new home in West Street. While his parents didn't understand why he would want to be in one of the more expensive parts of town to own a flat, they helped him with his financial difficulties anyways and gave him 100 Mizas to begin his new life.

With a full day ahead of him and a very barren home, Yeven decided it was time to go shopping. Although moments before Yeven could walk out the door, he realized that he was about to forget his Book of Records. A book given to him by his father, in which Yeven kept all of his note and stories within. As he turned around and strapped his large and somewhat hefty book to his hip and made sure he had ink and quills in his pack, he finally departed from his new home. As he left Yeven thought to himself of getting a new wardrobe; maybe a nice jacket or cloak. As Yeven continued down the road he began singing a little song that was just a repetition of, "Shopping, shopping, gonna go shopping." It was soon after he had left his flat that he saw two women collide with each other across the street.

Only a moment after the two women collided, one of them lifted her hands and started making various gestures. Yeven could only think of what they could mean: maybe a new obscene gesture, or maybe they were some viciously poor placed scratches and slaps. Whatever was going on it looked bad and that maybe a fight might break out, but Yeven would have none of that. As quickly as he could he rushed up to the two women and tried reassuring both of them, "Hey is everything all right over here?"

Yeven then turned to the Women waving her arms rapidly and calmly said, "Hey now, no need to be upset, let's not be throwing rude gestures or trying to get in..."

Yeven paused seeing the girl was more shocked then angry and felt a little silly with the misinterpretation from afar. He stepped back from the two and apologized to the signing girl, "Sorry" then continued to them both, "Is everyone okay here?"

Yeven Brooks
Player

Words: 10712
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2013, 9:36 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kashrim Bloodleaf on August 24th, 2013, 7:48 pm

90, Summer, 513 AV

Kashrim was startled when the young man came over - easily reading the confusion on his face when she had tried to sign, and a little miffed that he couldn't tell an unspoken apology from an insult. Kashrim took a breath and slowed the hand motions, but a second after realized that would be of no value. Abruptly, she took the man's hand, palm up, and traced with her finger the letters: Y-E-S. She pointed to the other woman, then spelled out: A-C-C-I-D-E-N-T. S-O-R-R-Y. Dropping his hand, she repeated the same three words, but this time by signing, hoping he could catch on.
Kashrim Bloodleaf
The Mute

Character sheet

Postby Savannah Farstar on August 24th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Day 90 of Summer, 513 AV

The surprise is evident on Savannah's face when something bumps into her from behind. It wasn't a serious push or anything, but the contact causes her to stumble just a little and spin around suddenly, eyes dancing around nervously. "Oh I'm sorry!" Savannah quickly apologizes to the fidgeting girl before her. "It was entirely my fault, really don't let me get in your way." Savannah holds up her hands, a little nervous at the girls almost furious fidgeting, fingers dancing about in front of her. After a few heartbeats, Savannah just begins to understand that the girl could be trying to communicate, when another burly man comes walking up. Confusion ensues, but after a few moments all is calmer again.

"Is everything okay here?" The sailor of a man inquires, which makes Savannah nod quickly and smile sheepishly. "We just bumped into each other is all. That and what I'd guess to be a communication barrier made things a little worse..." Savannah flashes a small smile again and crouches to pick up her fallen journal. "Everything should be perfectly fine, right?" Savannah turns, speaking to the seemingly mute girl.

Last edited by Savannah Farstar on August 26th, 2013, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Savannah Farstar
The Timid Tiger

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Kashrim Bloodleaf on August 24th, 2013, 8:30 pm

90, Summer, 513 AV

Kashrim nodded to the girl, slowing her hand motions as much as she could. Biting her lip in thought, she how else to go about verbalizing her apology. Then she remembered: she had a small wad of paper and a stubby charcoal pencil her father had let her borrow for the weekend. Pulling out the materials, she scrawled onto the dry paper in Common: I'm terribly sorry I didn't see you. She thought for a moment, then added, The hand motions are sign language, I should've realized you wouldn't recognize it.

Kashrim held up the paper so both the woman - who was quite pretty, Kashrim had to force herself to tear her eyes away from the beautiful red hair and delicate features - and the man could see it.
Kashrim Bloodleaf
The Mute

Character sheet

Postby Savannah Farstar on August 24th, 2013, 8:39 pm

Day 90 of Summer, 513 AV

Savannah smiles nervously as she holds the Journal tightly. "Yeah umm... Well I can see you aren't able to talk for whatever reason, so it's alright." Savannah tells the curious girl while trying not to look at the paper with a lost expression. Being completely unable to read, the paper is just as useless as the hand signing for Savannah to tell what the girl is trying to say.

Feeling like she did back in schooling in her hometown, Savannah shrinks back a little. "My name's Savannah." She says quickly while sticking her hand out in a shaky offer to shake hands. "What is your name?" Savannah asks the sailor, seeing that he could help her in figuring out what the girl is trying to convey with the paper.

Last edited by Savannah Farstar on August 26th, 2013, 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Savannah Farstar
The Timid Tiger

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Kashrim Bloodleaf on August 24th, 2013, 8:48 pm

90, Summer, 513 AV

Kashrim sighs quietly, not for the first time cursing her inability to communicate. She wasn't sure if the girl couldn't read or if it was something else; she spoke Common good enough. Either way, Kashrim didn't have anything else to say since the girl was now addressing the other man - perhaps he could read? Kashrim wanted to slowly back away and continue her day in peace, but she knew that if she did that now she would feel bad about it - having left without the other girl, Savannah, knowing about her apology. For the moment, Kashrim decided to stand there a bit awkwardly until she knew how to communicate with these new people.
Kashrim Bloodleaf
The Mute

Character sheet

Postby Yeven Brooks on August 24th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Day 90 of Summer, 513 AV

Yeven's hand is soon wrenched by the signing girl as she begins to write on his hand. Sadly she writes so fast and upside-down he could hardly get anything accept the yes. Yeven began to ease up as the red haired lady began explaining the situation. He glanced aat the journal she held and grinned a little

Yeven then looked back to the mute girl as he heard some rustling; she seemed to have pulled out some writing materials. Yeven's smile beamed even more as he slapped his hand to his head and chuckled, "Of course, of course. My father talked about meeting someone who couldn't hear and had to use to use gestures to communicate. That makes sense, but wait..."

Yeven had a new confused look, "But if you couldn't hear then that means you wouldn't have said yes to my question of if everything is okay. Hmm... OH! You must have taken an oath of silence that I have heard religious monks take. My father told me about how they are masters of silence and also fine wine."

Yeven then stared back at the red haired lady as she introduced herself. Yeven nodded to himself, "Hmm... Savannah, lovely name. As for me, my name is Yeven, Yeven Brooks" Yeven cheerfully puts out both of his hands crossed to shake both ladies hands at once.

Yeven continues, "I'm so glad we are moving on to introductions. I just love meeting new people. So tell me about what your doing in West Street Ms.Savannah and Ms..., I'm sorry dear, but I don't believe I know your name yet." Yeven says as he gestures toward the sign language girl.

Yeven Brooks
Player

Words: 10712
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2013, 9:36 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kashrim Bloodleaf on August 24th, 2013, 10:08 pm

90, Summer, 513 AV

Kashrim frowned as she shook his hand. Oath of silence? What idiocy was that? She flipped over the piece of paper and wrote, I cannot speak. My name is Kashrim. She held it up and hoped the man, Yeven, could read it. She really hoped she wouldn't have to drag her father into this - she knew how busy he was with work nowadays with the increased trading, and then having to work double time as a translator would be even worse.
Last edited by Kashrim Bloodleaf on August 25th, 2013, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kashrim Bloodleaf
The Mute

Character sheet

Next