Kenash's Comments Questions & Suggestions Thread

Please feel free to pop in and make suggestions or ask questions. Comments are always welcome.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is Kenash's development forum. Please feel free to post your ideas and suggestions as well as join in any discussions that are currently ongoing.

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Nalahessarajor on September 8th, 2013, 1:08 am

The Blackblades

Leader: TBA
Population: Around 30
Most Common In: Kenash
Faction Gods: None
Stronghold: Office on the Rajor Plantation

The Blackblades are an organization of hunters who specialize in capturing and killing runaway slaves for varying fees. Fees will be scaled based upon the reputation of the slave, their position in Rujaro society, the skill level of the hired knife, and the information that the client is able to supply about the runaway.

History:

WIP

Membership:

Membership to the Blackblades is fairly exclusive, and a number of conditions must be met before being accepted as an apprentice, and a great amount of grueling training is undertaken before initiation as a full member.

Entry-level Requirements:

-All Skills from Set R (Required)
-3 Skills from Set S (Suggested)
-Skills from Set H (Helpful) are not required, but are desired by the Blacknets and having them improves your chances of being accepted, if all other requirements are met

Skill Level Requirement Set
Acrobatics Novice S
Camoflage Novice H
Climb Novice H
Disguise Novice H
Escape Artist Novice H
Hunting Novice R
Intelligence Novice S
Intimidate Competent R
Investigation Novice S
Land Navigation Novice S
Observation Novice S
Stealth Competent R
Tracking Novice R
Weapon: Any Lethal Novice R
Wilderness Survival Novice S

Meeting these requirements will prove that you are applicable for an Apprentice position amongst the Blackblades.

Advancement Requirements:

To advance to Full Membership, you must first successfully hunt and kill ten Rujaro, and provide proof of the kill without failing a single contract. Failing a contract causes the Blackblades to lose face, and such is grounds for immediate expulsion from the organization. On top of this, a certain level of skill mastery must be displayed and a set of necessary lores must be known by the potential member of the Blacknet.

-All Skills from Set R (Required)
-3 Skills from Set S (Suggested)
-Skills from Set H (Helpful) are not required, but are desired by the Blacknets and having them improves your chances of being elevated to Full Member, if all other requirements are met

Skill Level Requirement Set
Acrobatics Competent S
Camoflage Competent H
Climb Competent H
Disguise Competent H
Escape Artist Competent H
Hunting Competent R
Intelligence Competent S
Intimidate Expert R
Investigation Competent S
Land Navigation Competent S
Observation Competent S
Stealth Expert R
Tracking Competent R
Weapon: Any Lethal Competent R
Wilderness Survival Competent S

Lores:

Lore of Rujaro Command Structure
Lore of Rujaro Culture
Lore of Rajor History
Lore of Kenash Geography
Lore of Swamp Hazards
Lore of Swamp Predators
Lore of Blacknet History
Lore of Blacknet Laws and Organization
Lore of Human Survival Habits

Maintaining Membership:

Amongst the Blackblade there are rules that, if broken, open the possibility of expulsion from the organization and, quite possibly, death.

1. Do not let a runaway maintain their freedom
2. Do not claim responsibility for a target you have not killed yourself
3. Do not steal proof of a kill from another member
4. Do not impede any member of the Blacknet from finding and killing their mark
5. Do not assist any slave in running away
6. Until accepted as a full member, do not accept any contract not given to you by the Headmaster himself.
7. Do not enslave a Freeman

Hierarchy

Above all other members of the organization is the Headmaster. He acts as the leader in major decisions going on within the organization, though is more often regarded as a chairman; the first among equals. Headmasters are elected democratically from among all Full Members of the organization.

Below the Headmaster are Members. These people accept freelance slave capturing contracts posted by the Headmaster at the Office, and are often responsible for completing these contracts themselves, though it is not unheard of for multiple members to team together to capture a particularly difficult target.

The next are the Keepers, who do not engage directly with slaves or their capture, but instead handle the finances of the Blackblades. These are the people one would approach if they wanted a contract made, and these are the people who would oversee the delivery and payment for captured slaves.

The lowest-level members of the organization are the Apprentices, who are Members in training. These people hope to one day become full-fledged members of the organization, but are currently stuck honing their skills, keeping the office clean, completing minor contracts and gaining the respect of the order.

Activity:

The Blackblades has its headquarters along the Uvic Lake on the Rajor Plantation, on the tip of the small peninsula that juts into the center of the lake. Though their activity is currently restricted to Kenash and its surrounding wildland territory, the organization hopes to grow and expand to one day service all of Mizahar’s slave cities.

Primarily, the tactics of the Blackblades center around stealth, and using the lay of the land to their advantage. They know that Rujaro, if they survive their initial escape, often quickly become aquainted with survival in the swamps, and know that they must have more comprehensive knowledge of the land if they are to succeed. They’re almost religious in their cause, believing that Rujaro are pests to be wiped out and to be tolerated by none. It is well known that they keep a cage of granidiles to feed with the bodies of their kills. It is not as well known, however, that some members actively aim to retrieve their marks alive, in order to give the granidiles a more interesting meal. The fact that they keep the animals, however, has lead to many superstitions that members drink Kelvic blood in order to gain the ability to shapeshift into granidiles.

For their abilities and purpose, the Blackblades are very well liked by the Dynasties, and the maintenance of the order is one of the few things they can all agree upon. Slaves are often uneasy around members of the order, a trait that members work hard to preserve. Rujaro hate members of the order, and will often actively try to kill them if they have the chance. The disposition of Freemen towards the order depends very much upon the nature of the individual, though generally they are perceived as a positive force and as a mercenary extension of the city guard.

Benefits:

Joining the Blackblades has several benefits that come along with it, though most are financial in nature.

All Apprentices will receive pay as if they were Mercenaries doing Basic Missions (1-3 GM/day) with bonuses given at the level of their LOWEST Required skill.

All Members will receive pay as if they were Mercenaries doing Advanced Missions (5-7 GM/day) with bonuses given at the level of their LOWEST Required skill. However, they are required to donate 10% of their Seasonal Funds to the treasury of the order.

There are also a few social benefits as well. In this manner it is fairly easy to earn the good graces of the Dynasty Families, as well as any other important members of the city. You work in their best interest, and more often than not they are very grateful. Blackblades are sometimes invited as family friends to Dynasty parties, and affluent members of the order have been known to marry into families from time to time.
Last edited by Nalahessarajor on September 9th, 2013, 11:55 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Nalahessarajor
Player

Words: 41406
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 6:18 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Rowan Morealis on September 8th, 2013, 1:17 am

Hey!

Small note- Rujaro not Raijo.

Also, Ssena is a recent goddess to the pantheon and the majority of folks don't even know she exists yet.

Likewise, the gods and goddesses don't often come down and create an organization , especially for something like retrieving slaves...that would often be motivated by human hand rather than divine intervention.

Also, in the writeup, aren't the Radacke the slave catchers, sellers, etc? I may be mixing it up @_@

I however do like the idea of a group seeking out slaves. You'd think plantations would handle that themselves, but it makes sense that there'd be a neutral party ready to die in the swamps to go after the Rujaro
Rowan Morealis
Heir to an occupied throne

Words: 25130
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2013, 7:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Nalahessarajor on September 8th, 2013, 1:27 am

Hey! Thanks for the help! I changed it to the correct word wherever I could.

Well perhaps this is the closest thing to a cult that she has? I don't know, I kinda just threw this together. I like the idea of most if not all members having her gnosis mark, but I'm not sure how to do it. Any ideas?

I understand. I need to figure out a better origin story, then. I'm open to any ideas!

Could you link me to the page where it says that? I must have skipped over it while reading the lore... Either way, with a few minor modifications they can be on Radake lands rather than Rajor.

Thanks for all the help!
Nalahessarajor
Player

Character sheet

Postby Rowan Morealis on September 8th, 2013, 1:35 am

I mean recent as in a year or so in game. I don't think she's had a chance to get much of any cult started yet. I'd double heck with Gillar or Gossamer but in these matters, keeping godly influence on the down low is often best.
Rowan Morealis
Heir to an occupied throne

Words: 25130
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2013, 7:31 am
Character sheet

Postby Banickle on September 8th, 2013, 1:36 am

I hate to rain on creative parades of creativity, but once a runaway runs away, there is no going back. They either keep running or they become a Rujaro. Either way, if captured, they are "tried," sentenced, and then hung. It's really that simple and it's been set up this way to keep those in chains in line.

If the slaves were given even the slightest hope that they could actually get away with so boldly defying their masters, they would probably be more inclined to risk a run, fearing only the occasional beating or punishment upon being returned to their plantation. This is just not the case.

You run. You get caught. You die.

No one likes a runner. No one.

Sorry,
Nick
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Words: 138636
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 12:36 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Nalahessarajor on September 8th, 2013, 1:40 am

Ah, oh well. Thanks for looking it over, at least! I'll do my best to come up with some better, more acceptable stuff for Kenash. I really like the idea of this city, and I want to help it develop and grow in any way I can. I appreciate your honesty, Banickle, and thank you for your quick response.
Nalahessarajor
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nuhaine Morealis on September 8th, 2013, 1:42 am

Any thoughts on the Mercius family from the previous page?
Nuhaine Morealis
Retired Staff

Words: 14978
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2013, 4:14 am
Character sheet

Postby Nalahessarajor on September 8th, 2013, 1:43 am

Banickle wrote:
As for the new Dynasty, while the concept sounds pretty cool, I'm not sure we need a new family just yet. I'd much rather focus on the ones that are already in place. There is ample room for creativity and development within the twelve that are available. Plus, without giving too much away, there is that mysterious, abandoned plantation sitting out in those fields out there. Hmm...
Nalahessarajor
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nuhaine Morealis on September 8th, 2013, 1:44 am

Whoops, I totally missed Balder's post! Not sure how..
Nuhaine Morealis
Retired Staff

Words: 14978
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2013, 4:14 am
Character sheet

Postby Banickle on September 8th, 2013, 1:50 am

Nala, something you may want to consider: a bounty hunting organization that seeks out the Rujaro and "puts them down" for the betterment of the city. I'd be open to hearing about that type of group.

And, yes, I gave my thoughts on the added family, as did Gossamer in the main forum. Sorry, Nuhaine. We really do have so much going on already, that layering in something big like a new family is just not viable at this point. There are twelve families to flesh out. Let's remain focused on them for now. Some of them are blank slates, just waiting to be nurtured and developed. Have a go at them instead!

Thanks,
Nick
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Words: 138636
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 12:36 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

PreviousNext