Kenash's Comments Questions & Suggestions Thread

Please feel free to pop in and make suggestions or ask questions. Comments are always welcome.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is Kenash's development forum. Please feel free to post your ideas and suggestions as well as join in any discussions that are currently ongoing.

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Verena Lorak on September 4th, 2013, 10:58 pm

On that note, I am currently developing further details on the Lorak Family ― their history, family members and whatnots! :D Anyone who wants to put in some details or ideas or just plain interested can PM me anytime! Any family member you want to add will be fitted into a family tree I'll work on soon ― hopefully. :P
Verena Lorak
Detached Doctor

Words: 234038
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2013, 1:17 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nalahessarajor on September 6th, 2013, 11:43 pm

Bloodball

I thought up an interesting game that some of the Dynasties might play to settle minor disputes and as an added method of celebration amongst the wide array of festivities the Kenasherns are known for. I call this game Bloodball, though the title may change with some development. It's an odd and dangerous mix between croquet, golf, and playing with the predators of the swamps. Bets of money, property and slaves are often placed on winners for this game.

Materials:

-Minimum of 2 Players
-1 Mallet per Player
-5 Bloodballs per player
-an appropriate location overlooking a river or bog

Description:

The goal of the game is to get as many points as you can by making a number of maneuvers with the ball, such as bouncing it off trees or rocks, getting it to the other bank, or breaking the ball. Each ball is a light, spherical basket with small openings between the reeds. Fresh, often bloody meat scraps are stuffed into these balls just before play, and can be from any array of animals, though the most common are rats, crows and other pests. On the occasion where one would want to present a particularly cruel game, the flesh of dead slaves or runaways is sometimes used.

Rules:
1. Each player gets 5 bloodballs, and takes 5 turns
2. Whoever has the most points at the end is the winner
3. Hitting opponents with the mallet or bloodballs is not appropriate
4. Slaves cannot play bloodball

1 Astari To bounce the ball off a tree without breaking the ball
2 Triari To bounce the ball off a rock without breaking the ball
3 Bite To have the ball attacked by granidiles upon hitting the water
4 Bank To have the ball land on the other side of the water without breaking
5 Call To have correctly called each of the maneuvers of one’s own or someone else’s turn
10 High Call To have correctly called each of the maneuvers of one’s own or someone else’s turn in the correct order

Penalties:
Penalty Maneuvar Description
Lose all points gained this turn Break The ball breaks (This penalty does not apply to points gained by a Bite, and getting a Bite recalls this penalty)
-5 Bonk The ball hits a granidile that then leaves the area
-10 Low Call To have incorrectly called the maneuvers of one’s own or someone else’s turn

Example:

Danny Dhani and Harry Human go out to play a game of Bloodball. They get 2 mallots and 10 bloodballs, and fill the bloodballs with meat. They wager that the loser will pay the winner 1 Gold Miza for each point the winner beats them by. Both agree, and the game begins.
They decide that Harry should go first. Harry is confidant in his abilities at bloodball and decides to Call his shot. He declares that he will make three Astari and a Bank. He hits the ball and it hits three trees, breaking on the third and plunging into the water. Crestfallen, Harry ends up with a Break and a Low Call, starting the came off with -10 points.
Pleased with how this game has begun, Danny decides not to call his shot, and swings. He manages to bounce the ball off of two rocks before it hits the water and is attacked by granidiles. His first turn ends with two Triari and a Bite. The game stands at Harry: -10 Danny: 7
Harry is displeased, and decides to try to regain his losses with another Call and a complex shot. He calls for a Triari, and Astari and a Bank. Sure enough, his ball hits a tock, then a tree before landing in the muck on the other side of the river. He gets the points for a Triari, an Astari, a Bank and a High Call. The score is tied at Harry: 7 Danny: 7
Astounded, Danny whacks his next Bloodball, which hits a tree and a granidile before landing in the muck on the other bank. Danny gets an Astari, a Bank and a Bonk, which keeps him at 7 points. The score is tied at Harry: 7 Danny: 7
The game goes on for some time, and in the end Harry comes out on top, with a score of 32 to Danny’s 27. Danny pays Harry 5 Gold Mizas and they both go their own ways.

Optional Rules

Especially high class parties or special occasions often call for special rules set by the host. Often each Dynasty family will have its own rule reserved just for when playing on their land. Though these are by no means the only ones available, here is a short list of common house rules:

1. If a granidile eats a bloodball before you have hit it, you lose that turn.
2. You can send slaves out to retrieve the ball after it has been hit if it landed in the water. If they return it with meat still inside, you gain an extra turn for that ball. Opponents Bloodballs can also be gained this way. If an Opponents Bloodball is gained in such a manner, the owner of the retrieving slave also gets all the points the opponent would have gotten for that turn.
3. Destroying any number of crops during the game causes a 5 point penalty for the turn they are destroyed.
[/color]
Last edited by Nalahessarajor on September 8th, 2013, 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nalahessarajor
Player

Words: 41406
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 6:18 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Cecily Askara on September 7th, 2013, 6:46 am

I would like to claim #2 on Fire Island, please, for Cecily's Pantry.

Thanks a bunch!
Last edited by Cecily Askara on September 7th, 2013, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She's crazy, though. I guess there's something wrong inside.
She's crazy, though. I guess she took control.
Cecily Askara
Have my pie and eat it too.

Words: 15801
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2013, 3:11 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Acteon Zulaca on September 7th, 2013, 7:29 am

If we're allowed claims, I would like East Bank #33 for my glassworks, please. If the small squares are 400sq.ft., then #33 would just about cover the perimeter of my shop. Check the Locations Locations Locations! thread for more info.
Last edited by Acteon Zulaca on September 7th, 2013, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ON HIATUS - [strike]Until I replace my old broken computer[/strike] Returning the 1st of Winter season!
Acteon Zulaca
Dire and Dynastic

Words: 13005
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2013, 9:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nuhaine Morealis on September 7th, 2013, 12:18 pm

Been thinking about a new family, one that is more 'behind the scenes' than the other families. These people like to call themselves a Dynasty, but have almost nothing in common, and one can be a member of them as well as another Dynasty.

I realize that this falls under the touchy subject of 'Assassin' but know that these people only do it right, if at all. Also, they need not be listed as an actual Dynasty.

Worth a thought, let me know what you think when you are finished reading.

"We keep the gashes in this city clean of filth and disease, so we may operate in secret in its place."

Mercilus Family

The Mercilus Family, lead by Palus Mercilus, has no plantation, and some argue that they are not an actual family as they do not continue a bloodline. Anyone the Mercilus family recruits is approached personally and offered the position.

Those who join the Mercilus Family are not permitted to make it public knowledge that they are a part of the family, and thus do not receive any benefit of being in a Dynasty, unless they were already in one to begin with. If you are discovered, you will likely be killed by Mercilus.

The Mercilus work behind the scenes, serving as the Dynasty that 'takes out the trash' of Kenash. They recruit and train skilled assassins and bounty hunters, giving Mercilus the visage of killers, but they are so much more than that.

They are not all murderers, some are skilled mages, and world mages such as summoners and maledicters. Other common professions are poisoncrafters, thieves, and spies. They have an interest in higher learning, and as such even professional teachers have been approached in the past.

They only have one public location, a single office guarded by several guards. One may deliver a letter to the Mercilus Family, but will not receive a response. If they include money, they will not see that money again. However, if they include enough money to cover a request, what you ask you may see accomplished. Requests can be for any information, a task, or for an object.

As they have no plantation, they instead have various underground safe houses, and temples. A member will usually only ever know of one base of operations unless they are a right hand, or the head of the family.

The Mercilus are highly religious, and have their own pantheon of gods which include Akajia, Yshul, Ionu, and Krysus. Every member is required to dedicate themselves to at least one of these gods.

They will only approach those who have at least expert in a particular skill of interest, as well as a supporting skill to help keep your identity a secret at competent. They may occasionally recruit spies at Competent level, but such members never hear from the family beyond their first set of orders for years, and are not given access to any safe houses or temples.
Nuhaine Morealis
Retired Staff

Words: 14978
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2013, 4:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Nalahessarajor on September 7th, 2013, 4:45 pm

If I could, I'd like to claim Lot 27 of Dry Island for my shop, the Iron Pipe. It requires a bit more space than some of the other shops, having an office and storeroom also attached to it. You can find a description in my BP or CS.
Nalahessarajor
Player

Character sheet

Postby Banickle on September 7th, 2013, 5:06 pm

The game looks cool. I'll review it later, after I get home from work, and see if it needs any TLC. From what I read so far, I don't think that will be the case. Nice job.

Any location requests will be taken care of later, as well. I will add them to the map. I also plan to catch up on the Registry, since we have three or four new PCs that just arrived within the last few days!

As for the new Dynasty, while the concept sounds pretty cool, I'm not sure we need a new family just yet. I'd much rather focus on the ones that are already in place. There is ample room for creativity and development within the twelve that are available. Plus, without giving too much away, there is that mysterious, abandoned plantation sitting out in those fields out there. Hmm...

Long live Kenash!
Banickle
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Words: 138636
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 12:36 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Nalahessarajor on September 7th, 2013, 5:47 pm

Thanks for complementing my game! Do you think the name is appropriate or do you think it should be changed? I think it's a bit too abrasive and violent a name for a high-class game, though it is accurate. I feel like it would be veiled in some way, but I can't figure out how...

Oooh! Mysterious abandoned plantation? Where can I find out more? That sounds like an awesome setting. Should I talk to a moderator if I wanted to explore the place? Where is it on the map? Can I write some Legends about it? What's the history behind it?
Nalahessarajor
Player

Character sheet

Postby Acteon Zulaca on September 7th, 2013, 6:01 pm

Oh. It looks like very cool game indeed. Might I suggest a few names? Scarletball. Sanguine. Crowball. Cruorball or just Cruor. Oh, Claretball, it's a fine wine!
I personally think between the social politics of dynasties and slavery the name and theme are fine, but that is only my opinion. Again, I think it looks like an awesome idea!
ON HIATUS - [strike]Until I replace my old broken computer[/strike] Returning the 1st of Winter season!
Acteon Zulaca
Dire and Dynastic

Words: 13005
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2013, 9:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on September 7th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Linkmap updated for those claiming spots. I'm going to comment on the locations next that are personal shops. Remember, your location will not pass muster if its not in the Kenash Format. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

PreviousNext