Open Butterseal for Breakfast

A lonesome Akvatari plays a doleful tune instead of going to class

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Butterseal for Breakfast

Postby Vernadel on September 14th, 2013, 12:48 pm

Vernadel

Ellie's mood changed rapidly when Vern asked about her mark, and the Akvatari felt bad for dampening her spirits. However, for one of the first times since she came to this strange city, she felt herself akin to another person.

"Oh, I love the sea, too," she remarked. "I'm never far from the water." Turning to Yas, she confessed, "I'm skipping class today. The other students are cruel to me, though I'm happy to have found you both." Perhaps there was a god looking out for her, a Laviku or Zulrav, or some such. She would make a trip to the library soon to brush up on her knowledge of religions.

"Where are you from, then," she asked the red-haired man. "If you don't mind me asking, that is. And do you both live in Zeltiva or are you just visiting? I don't really the know the city all that well, yet, do you have any suggestions of places I should check out....or avoid?"

Vernadel
Fluttering, Floating, Fashioning

Words: 39940
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2013, 3:33 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Journal

Butterseal for Breakfast

Postby Yas Heron on September 14th, 2013, 6:16 pm

The Gnosis Mark; Often its something outright given by a God or Goddess to reward someone or punish them for unseemly acts against them. It was still a sort of magic, no matter who said otherwise as some texts even outright said that its power was connected to someones inner Djed. In this case, it appears Ellie's instincts could feel the presence of water around her. It was always fascinating, to hear about the wondrous powers and general oddities that came from the very people who bore these things. Though, obviously, one would be wary of those who get a few Punishment Marks from the other gods in their great pantheon. Maybe one day he could get a gnosis mark of his own, but the red haired man was more or less neutral to every god. Kept to his own beliefs, and that was probably how it would stay.

As he rubbed his poor feet, the young Vern's voice sort of startled him right out of his thoughts. With a smile, he only gave a short reply that he did not truly live in Zeltiva though the bit about the "Skipping Classes" was certainly an attention catcher. He himself was an alumni of the University and probably ended up ditching his fair share of classes due to the antics of other patrons too. A short chuckle kept him from chastising the young Akvatari for shirking a good education, so a shift to the Points of Interest of Zeltiva was very much in order. "The Old Quarter and the University are definitely the places to go to, with the former being quite an insight into past culture and history..." A finger raised to brush hair hair back to a more managable position.

"Oho, the Lightshow Theatre, easily. Its got some good plays, and the Quill's Rest has the best place to do one's research or perhaps write a book." A sudden wave of nostalgia hit his tone, and a light blush came upon the man's cheeks. It'd been some time since he'd been to these places so alot could change but it was still something to note.
Yas Heron
Magic User

Words: 17771
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2013, 3:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Previous