Just some clarification over my character

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Reeves on July 24th, 2010, 9:59 pm

I'd like to create my character Reeves in to more of a law enforcer / detective role, like that of a private investigator, whilst still laying down the law. If Reeves was to be based in Syliras, would that mean he would have to join the knights, no question? Or would be allowed to affiliate with the knights loosely, as he doesn't quite agree with their higher moral standpoint but still appreciates the law, and would like to enforce it.

To get a better handling over his character, imagine him as a middle-aged rough and ready man, estranged from his daughter and living on his own after seperating from his parter a few years back. He dislikes to fight, but when he does, he has a more 'brawler' style, using cheap street fighting tactics to get by. He knows the small area under his juristiction like the back of his hand, and knows most of the petty criminals in the area, and tries his best to keep the crime rates down in.

He basically does what he can to get the job done and get some of the filthier scum off the streets, not wanting to bother the knights, and to get more folk to enforce themselves, more like a very early town watch or a tame militia... if that's even the correct word.
Just wanting to know if I'll have a little bit of manoeuvrability on this, or would I have to have Reeves enlist with the knights? The other cities don't really match up to his specifications, though I could always try basing him in Zeltiva.
Reeves
Player

Words: 9185
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2010, 3:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Ash'eny on July 24th, 2010, 11:08 pm

Syliras is pretty clean, compared to most cities, but you'd definitely need to talk to Dusk. She's your ticket to your dream job.
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Words: 195301
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 8:17 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby John Vicari on July 25th, 2010, 12:41 am

You could always try to do that and get help from other PC's. Work on some things to help the npcs feel and overall work towards getting them to trust you in a sense. But talk to Dusk in the end :)

Even if I would love to see him starting out and working towards the dream and goal.
John Vicari
Player

Words: 107575
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Siiri on July 25th, 2010, 1:41 am

Personally, I think the knights would put every other 'law enforcer' based in the same city out of business. Zeltiva works. Ravok too, maybe, but you'd have to go the opposite side of the spectrum and be affiliated with Black Sun or something. You could check out other cities as well but you might have to change your race.
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)