Kenash's Comments Questions & Suggestions Thread

Please feel free to pop in and make suggestions or ask questions. Comments are always welcome.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is Kenash's development forum. Please feel free to post your ideas and suggestions as well as join in any discussions that are currently ongoing.

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Fiora Radacke on September 11th, 2013, 10:10 pm

*grins sheepishly

Thank you! You're the best!
Fiora Radacke
Weaving tales and tapestries

Words: 55884
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2013, 12:36 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Banickle on September 14th, 2013, 1:39 pm

Opal, so sorry to keep you waiting. I do not believe anyone is working on a cobbler's shop, so please feel free to move forward with your concept.

Long live Kenash!
Banickle
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Words: 138636
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 12:36 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Verena Lorak on September 15th, 2013, 3:02 pm

Will it be okay for me to make a florist location?
Verena Lorak
Detached Doctor

Words: 234038
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2013, 1:17 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Banickle on September 16th, 2013, 12:15 am

I don't see why not. Perhaps something involving satellite carts or wandering street vendors would be nice. Just a thought.
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Nalahessarajor on September 16th, 2013, 12:17 am

Do we already have a gems and jewelry shop? I'll hop on that if nobody else has.
Nalahessarajor
Player

Words: 41406
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 6:18 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Banickle on September 16th, 2013, 12:31 am

To my knowledge, we do not have any gem or jewelry shops in the works. I'm guessing the raw materials would be imported, since Kenash has no mine, nor will it anytime soon, since there are few hills and even fewer mountains.
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Nalahessarajor on September 16th, 2013, 1:50 am

Yeah, they would, likely from Riverfall.
Nalahessarajor
Player

Words: 41406
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 6:18 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Verena Lorak on September 21st, 2013, 12:47 am

The Lorak: A Brief History

Despite their secrecy, the Lorak family history is quite the amazing tale of hard work and luck. Even till now, this knowledge had driven countless members into dedication for their most famous trade, medicine. They had earned their place, through blood and sweat, breaking through the chains of slavery in the midst of devastation.

Lorentz Lorak was a gifted healer, a dedicated doctor, traveling through various cities with his family in tow. His children were also trained in the field, comparable to their father. These northerners seemed not mind traveling so far south from their icy home. They went into various wilderness, offering medical assistance to anyone in need. Until one day, they visited the swamp city of Kenash. Whispers about a mysterious and deadly malady lured their curiosity there, hoping to figure it out with their experiences as doctors. For half a season or so, they settled in nicely. Their services were much appreciated.

Unfortunately, a group of bandits heard of the family and they were a target almost immediately. Attacking visitors had always been unsurprisingly easy. One night, the Lorak were ambushed as every last piece of copper on them was taken. Completely and utterly broke, they were tossed amongst the slaves, to work in the fields, their talents wasted to pick cottons and tobaccos. Two years went by slowly. The harshness of slavery was too hard on some of the Lorak, resulting in the death of Lorentz's wife and his youngest daughter.

Yet, the ones left alive were not broken down. They kept on living, believing that they would break free of the injustice one day. They were smart and diligent, earning trusts from Dynasties and slaves alike. They were slaves, yes, but they were well-respected and well-liked. The Lorak always offered any medical assistance if they could help it, barely getting any rest as they juggled the live of a slave and a doctor at the same time.

All the while, the sickness had turned into something more dangerous. Hundreds upon hundreds of the population seemed to had caught the symptoms, striking fear in every beating heart on Kenash. Some say they had angered Rak'keli, others simply concluded that the land is cursed. People kept dying and the population in Kenash dropped violently. At first, doctors and herbalists were coming to the city, trying to concoct a cure or at least figure out what was happening. None succeeded and many acquired the same sickness in return. No one was immune. Soon enough, Kenash was left, of fear that the disease might spread even further. They were left to their own devices.

Lorentz's daughter, Lissira, was the first to make a breakthrough. The young female slave had managed to gain access into the herbalism lab of a shop she was working in. She had succeeded to make a medicine that slowed down the stages of the sickness. Together, with her brothers and her father, they perfected it. Secretly, they passed it along their fellow slaves under the very nose of their Dynasty masters. But of course, everyone would notice this group of slaves who had suddenly gotten healthy for no reason while the Dynasties and Freeborns dropped dead. It didn't take for the Loraks were noticed as the masterminds.

Lexio, the eldest son, finally developed a makeshift clinic for treating the particular sickness as the demands of their medicine rocketed. He would demand a price for the medicine from Dynasties and Freeborns, but would treat slaves freely. No one protested against the policy. They needed it and would do anything for it. The Lorak had wanted to make sure that when all of this was over, the family will have enough power and money, making them immune to slavery. On that moment, these slaves held more power than the wealthy plantation families.

Rumors had said that it was so devastating, so deadly, that even the Rujaro had offered some help for the sake of the decreasing population. Some even said that the Lorak had succeeded so well was because he had worked with the runaway slaves, using their knowledge of the terrain's flora in order to whip up a cure. It was never proven, not that anyone had cared. The medicine had worked and lives had been saved. That was all that mattered. The slaves were for once, seen as a savior, their status completely forgotten after the deed Lorentz Lorak had accomplished.

For the first time, slaves had gained their freedom - even a status in the city. Hope sprouted from the lowest of the low. The Lorak was granted a small patch of land and since then, they grew stronger. Lorentz's son and daughter proved to be just as driven as he was, delving in the arts of farming and agriculture once they had the chance. Slowly, but surely, the Lorak grew in power, receiving the golds through their near-miraculous talents in healing and medicine. It was doubtful that anyone else in the city could challenge their skills.

Now, the northerners stood proudly amongst the strongest and most influential families, working hard to keep everything together, striving to make the best out of everything.

Last edited by Verena Lorak on July 29th, 2014, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Verena Lorak
Detached Doctor

Words: 234038
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2013, 1:17 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Inari Lorak on October 7th, 2013, 6:19 pm

Come One, Come All

Greetings, fellow Kenasherns. This is a grand invitation, as well as a call to arms, to all PC's within Kenash to help make one of Banickle's unborn plots--the Annual Askarade--one hell of reality! In staying true to the nutty nature of the Askaras, we are to turn this into as crazy of a fiasco as possible :D

Update #2: There will be a small entrance fee (5GM--too high? too low? lemme know!) to create a pool. The person with the most elaborately dressed bird-slave shall win that pool at the end of the night =)
[idea courtesy of Poppy]

Update #1: It would be best if PC's threaded in specific rooms, so I've listed some possibilities here that we can try to stick with, but we are definitely not limited to them. There is a floorplan of Sweet Home so feel to use that as well, though I'm not entirely sure if the floorplan is for the main house or the actual residence (I'm assuming the former). Here are some main options to use:

-Entrance Hall
-Ball Room (note: food will be served on banquet tables, finger foods and refreshments by tropical bird slaves. All drinks will be spiked!)
-Library
-Kitchens
-Dining Room
-Eastern/Western Terrace
-Conservatory
-Game Room

And here is a little snippet about the main house, which is where this is all taking place:

The main house of Sweet Home is actually a decoy. It is a mere doll's house that is used whenever the Askara Family looks to host company for several days, throw a lavish ball for numerous bells, or hold a quick meeting with a potential business partner. The three-story structure, comprised of a basement, main floor, and upper level, features beautifully appointed lounges and luxurious guest suites. Not a single detail has been left undone, regardless of the fact that the family rarely spends more than a handful of bells there.

Goals:

-Allow the insanity to know no bounds and include a whole mess of themes

-Include the little spectacle mentioned in almanac concerning Steven Paille

-Flesh it out to make it feel as real as possible, including putting up pictures to set the scene and catering templates to a masquerade theme

Ideas so far:

-dress all the slaves like tropical birds

-subject guests to a Nightmare/Dream theme in preparation for Snick or Sweet

-all guests must wear masks and are encouraged to be as scary or dramatic as possible

-People should create separate threads labeled [Annual Askarade] or something so as not to have one giant thread (unless such madness is desired?) OR, alternatively have each room in the estate be a thread so people can interact in the same space without confusion.

-I am willing to help anyone who needs assistance in creating a template just for the event. PM me if you'd like a helping hand ^_^

I will be adding a bunch of pics dedicated to the Askarade shortly, and will provide the link here :)

Please feel free to comment if you wonderful PC's have any batty ideas you'd like to include!

And, of course, Long live Kenash!

Lies and truths are but cogs in a wheel.
Inari Lorak
Carver by day, miscreant by night.

Words: 73400
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 4:47 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous