Open [Lantern Square] A day in the light.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

[Lantern Square] A day in the light.

Postby Eyasia Lorak on October 4th, 2013, 9:38 pm

23rd of Fall, 513 AV

The mornings in the Lorak house have always been a hassle. So many family members, whether they live there or not, come bustling in and out. Complaining or panicking about the Rujaro attacks, pushing a business proposal in the Head of Household Lorena's face or just simply stopping by to be part of an important conversation. They all knew of Eyasia and either welcomed her and told her amusing jokes about the family or they would give her a face of horror; Like they couldn't believe they were related to her. Sadly, she couldn't get mad because it wasn't their fault.

This morning as she got dress in her usual outfit, the tight navy blue blouse and leather pants she vented to a slave about how bust the plantation was and how she just needed to get away the scared but bold slave suggested the Lantern Square. The place was basically owned by the Lorak and although the dynasties go there to also talk about business and whatever else they talk about, it wasn't to much like the Plantation.

She grabbed her cloak and a nice book about the human anatomy (Hopefully Verena won't be upset) and headed out. Like always she brought Dyanna and Tempest along, afraid of Dyanna being beaten to hard by a servant of the Lorak Plantation and Tempest, being so reckless and curious at his young age she was afraid he would get in to much trouble.

She exit the carriage and headed for some steps. Slowly but surely she headed down the steps and got her first glimpse of the place. Beautifully lit up, the square was lined with trees and expensive furniture was scattered everywhere. Eyasia could not believe how quiet and peaceful it was. The shopkeepers did not utter a word but they let the smell of their different sweets and appetizing food carry you over.

The first place she stopped was buy a shop full of roasted walnuts, Honey and other great things. It must've been one of the smallest shops, everything was on a wall except for things that needed to be cooked. As Eyasia looked around Shanna followed with her hood on but Tempest just grabbed a bag of chocolate covered almonds. The bag was really small, probably half a pound but it made Tempest face light up. Tempest simply shook it in her face with a big smile and Eyasia couldn't just say know. But she grabbed two , handing one to Dyanna too who just grinned at her mistress. She paid for those two and decided to grab a bag of honey with a cap on it for herself.

When they left the shop Eyasia found a nice small couch to sit on. It was underneath the shade of a magnolia tree. As she sat there, Tempest picked the tree and Dyanna quietly watched."I'm glad we're here..." A sigh of relief came from Eyasia as she opened her book, and read about the human anatomy...

You’ve got the wrong girl
Cause I got your number
I don'tdon’t know what kind of spell
you think I’m underThis ain't a feel-good, "Everything's fine" sing-along

"A wise woman once told me that
War is very common. Especially among women,
And I just stepped into the biggest war zone."
Eyasia Lorak
Exotic Beauty and Newest to the Lorak Family

Words: 30155
Joined roleplay: August 30th, 2013, 3:23 pm
Race: Mixed blood