[Flashback] New Scenery, Old Scenario

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Ryshaltze on July 27th, 2010, 1:56 am

Ryshaltze glanced at Oleg, certain that the Denvali had a slight change in tone when he replied. He had not intended for the man to pick up his double-entente, for it was meant to be a personal joke that only himself should be able to appreciate. His observation, though amateurish, did yield that Oleg knew what he was talking about, and was going along the same track of double meanings with him.

"A little here and there. I know how to brew a little myself, just a touch only. I'm able to withstand being knocked over, years of interaction with them spirits you know."

A normal person listening on to the conversation would surmise that he knew how to make little quantities and alcohol, probably Degtine-like liquor, and had a high tolerance threshold for booze from years of drinking.

What the Ethaefal really meant, however, was that he could make a small, and mildly effective amount of Soulmist, and that he could resist possession. He wondered if he was reading too much into Oleg's tone of voice, but having disguised his words thoroughly, it was no harm to figure out if the Denvali really did pick up his meaning.
Ryshaltze
Player

Words: 43040
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 11:40 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Tabarnac on July 27th, 2010, 4:34 pm

The proprietor of the Stranger's Welcome was blustering and friendly, but people who were more familiar with him began to suspect that he knew everything about everything and everyone. What he knew and didn't know was open to debate, however, as he kept mum about things unless offered enough coin or other information to make it worth his while.

He just smiled and nodded. "Puts hair on your chest, or so they say."

Whether that was double-talk or not was anyone's guess. He moved to the kitchen door, drew a deep breath to yell, and then nearly got knocked over by the door opening and a stout woman exiting with a big plate of the promised food. She gave Ryshaltze a rather overly friendly smile as she set the plate down in front of him with utensils and all.

Hands free, she patted down the frowzy bits of hair sneaking out of her chef hat, but to little avail.

"Oh, this one break many hearts. Many hymens." She pinched his cheek, or as much of it as she could get that wasn't being sat upon, and stumped back to the kitchen, ignoring Oleg's stream of cursing in Denvali.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Ryshaltze on July 28th, 2010, 2:12 am

Ryshaltze fidgeted uncomfortably, flashing an awkward, embarrassed smile to the stout cook and fiercely returned his attention to the steaming plate. His cheeks were burning furiously, but he pretended to be unaffected by her actions, instead choosing to direct his gaze on the plate. He gobbled down a portion of the hash brown, and instantly the embarrassment was forgotten as he hummed with satisfaction. It tasted authentically home-cooked, and it being 'fresh from the stove' did add to the taste.

"I uh, would you happen to know this master? Not that I want to compete with your degtine, of course."

What he really meant, however, was that what he was looking for was not the art of brewing spirits, but the actual magical discipline of Spiritism, therefore he would not be in direct competition with Oleg's famed brew.
Ryshaltze
Player

Words: 43040
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 11:40 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Tabarnac on July 29th, 2010, 4:11 pm

Oleg measured the man with his eyes for what might seem like too long for comfort. Finally, he shrugged.

"If you seek a master, find the Jackal on the Street of Crocodiles. Tell him he owes me one."

The street, so fancifully named after the exotic predators because it led straight to the livestock market, would be easy enough to find. Denval was not vast, and its populace were perfectly willing to take a few minutes to give a stranger directions.

"Oh," he said, setting a sealed bottle of his degtine on the bar. "Give him this with my regards." The gift, though given by Oleg, might help Ryshaltze get what he wanted of the Jackal.

OOCFeel free to start a thread if you'd like. We can get you some training.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous