Ryshaltze the Musician

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Ryshaltze the Musician

Postby Ryshaltze on July 23rd, 2010, 4:06 am

Basic Information

Name: Ryshaltze
In his disoriented state upon realizing he was back in the mortal realm again, the two names he had in his mind was Ryshaltze and Angra Mainyu. These were the only names that he could access from his mortal memory, and when a passing traveller asked, he just gave the shorter one. In time he got used to the sound and adopted it as his name.

Nickname: The Musician
His visits are usually remembered when done at night, for people always remembered the sentient masterpiece that stood in their hallways and who always before dawn. Anyone who has met him before (such as shopkeepers he frequents) or who knew him who did not know his name usually refer to him 'The Musician' due to his knowledge of musical styles and the large cello bag that he carries around on his back. Strangely, no one has ever seen his cello nor heard him play any instruments before.

Race: Ethaefal (Drykas)
An ethaefal belonging to Leth, Ryshaltze possesses the ethereal beauty characteristic of his race during the night, but in the day he is morphed to the race he was prior to being Chosen, which is that of a male Drykas.

Date of Rebirth: Spring of 77 BV
Mortal Age: 433
Visible/Perceived Age: 20

He was not sure when exactly he landed on Mizahar, for many days were spent in confusion and in a haze of disorientation. All he remembered was the very destruction and chaos that he left behind. And for some reason the nightmare has not ended.

Height: 6’4”
Weight: 220

Physical Description

When Leth gives way to Syna, Ryshaltze bears a statuesque form typical to warriors favoring big weapons. The intense indigo gaze that this Drykas bestows upon the object (or person) of his current attention serves only as a proof of how seriously he takes things, even if he were to not show it in his manner of speech or behaviour. Unusual for men of his race, he kept his obsidian black hair relatively short in a variation of a straightened, slightly curled wet bowl cut with a long fringe partially covering his right eye if left down after a bath. His muscular physique enables him to wield his primary weapon with ease and is able to maintain normal mobility when it is slung behind his back.

When the sun sets, the true unearthly beauty of his celestial form emerges. Perhaps Leth approved of his Drykas incarnation the most of all his previous incarnations, which explains why the Moon God made his immortal representation similar, with the exception of the ever-changing colour of his horn and hair as well as the further whitening and the addition of moon tints on his already fair skin.

History

T minus zero: Ethaefal
The first thing I remember was the violent and crude assault of all five senses as I felt myself freefall. For the first time in years, my mortal senses were activated forcefully, pushing me into a numb haze as I fell and fell. I remembered feeling a burning sensation on the back of my skull, turning around curiously only to be blinded by this huge glowing orb hanging in the sky. Yet, this orb seems so familiar but at that time I could not reason why. I instinctively shielded my eyes with my hands, but felt this same sensation on the back of my palm again. What a curious feeling! As if to continue this barrage of sensations, my world changed as I heard and splashed, and was plunged into icy cold water.

Exactly seventy seven years after the divine apocalypse visited upon the world on a fine spring day, the surrounding peace and calm was violently displaced with the appearance of a falling object from the heavens. Not unlike a shooting star or a plummeting asteroid, this strange phenomenon garnered the attention of the few observant above-ground humans around Mizahar for about a twelfth of a chime before they returned to their own busy schedules. Such is the ever fickle attention span of the oldest and ever tenacious race.

He was lucky, landing in the water near what would be Zeltiva, prompting ships looking for survivors to drag his disrobed body out of the water. As it was near the end of the day when he was finally found and hauled out of the water, he was found in his Ethaefal self. The sailor who found him could not bear to leave such a living work of art in the wilds defenceless and so took him home for that day, leaving him to be pampered (one could say eagerly) by his wife and daughters. Come morning, the kind family could not be more surprised. It was not to say his appearance changed drastically, for Leth intended for Ryshaltze’s immortal self to closely mirror that of his Drykas incarnation to better serve his purpose. The most physical change one could pinpoint was perhaps the change in hair colour and the missing horns. The more drastic change, however, was the lack of ‘glamour’, for lack of a better word. Gone was his enchanting image, appealing porcelain skin and soulful doe-like eyes. It was as if the physical remained mostly unchanged but the emotions upon viewing his features changed. It could be a work of design by Leth, who loved change and enjoyed such an irony. It could be coincidence.

Bidding his thanks to the family, he turned his back (hearing the muttering of the sailor’s wife being moon-addled) and followed the only word that next came into mind. Endrykas.

On the way there he was besieged by strange monsters and savage bandits. The former, he disposed of sometimes in a strange fit of genius and sometimes desperately like a technique-less berserker. The latter he ran and hide from, for it was often said that the hearts of men were darker than any monsters of shadow. Such moments triggered memories of combat, war and bloodshed in his Drykas life, motivating him further to find the place that beckoned to him.

It was there that he recovered more fragments of his mortal memory and remembered the location of his warrior clan and his family abode. For some reason, he felt a sudden compulsion to investigate the devastated premises further and found a cairn. Upon it was inscribed the following words in Pavi.

Communed With The Heavens On
Season of Winter, Day 35, 0 AV
Iruki Shadowslayer
Kind protector of few words. We will always remember your sacrifice.

Removing the rocks behind so as not to disturb the frontal section of the cairn, he found a huge sword lying on top of a jumble of scattered bones. Angra Mainyu. It was at this time that more memories of his past life inserted themselves forcefully into his mind. For a moment, he felt like he could actually be Iruki again. Live life again as a Drykas and forget the ever present torment of being apart from his Moon God. As the intensity of the experience faded, so too did the hunger and longing and he was left with a distant echo of the past. The knowledge of how to use the sword like his previous self remained, but his body could not adapt for martial disciplines were mostly about muscle memory after all.

It was then that he decided that this was a form of a divine test to examine the worthiness of his soul. In order to purify himself and prove himself worthy, he has to again walk the path of his ascension. That is to say, experience and regain the memories and skills that shaped the souls of his past selves. Starting with this one, he would journey and seek information to finally achieve his ultimate goal of ascension once again.

Since then, he has been wandering the world. Ever open to new experiences and new knowledge, Ryshaltze is always the enthusiastic student and diligent apprentice seeking his path to the heavens and enjoying music at the same time.

T-minus one: Drykas
I cannot remember much of my past self right now. The only things that I recall strongly was the loving touch of parental love, the many summers spent alone honing my skills of the great sword, itself a rare weapon used by my kinsmen. Flashes of slaying huge scary monsters by myself. Flashes of returning back with great wounds but with great success. All the time with my beloved weapon by my side. That is all I can remember, but I will seek to remedy that.

T-minus two: Unknown
I have no current reminiscence of anything that happened here, but as I progress in my current life I would surely stumble upon something that was pivotal in this self’s life and thus trigger a memory. I have no idea whether my theory works, but if it did for the first, it should for the rest.

Concept

As mentioned, Ryshaltze is highly motivated in achieving his ultimate goal of ascending to be together with his patron god and the rest of the celestial community. He believes that he has to tread the path of his ascension again and so, experience and understand the pivotal moments that shaped the soul of his previous selves so that his soul could be shaped by these same experiences and again be deemed worthy to break out of the reincarnation cycle. He believes that the learning and mastery of skills are a crucial aspects to unlocking these memories, and so is an avid learner, always seeking to learn and further understand new and old things so that he could hopefully stumble upon something important that happened in one of his past selves, triggering a memory that could accelerate his journey of being Chosen. That said, he hopes that one of his past selves was motivated by music, for he has an ongoing interest in that field. It would be most joyous if he could accidentally trigger something out of his hobby.
Ryshaltze
Player

Words: 43040
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 11:40 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Ryshaltze the Musician

Postby Ryshaltze on July 27th, 2010, 3:58 am

Character Statistics

Skills

Combat Style Greatsword Lv.23 Unarmed Combat Lv.12 Archery Lv.5
+20 Starting Package +10 Starting Package +5 Starting Package
+3 Syliras +2 Syliras

Art of Magic Flux Lv.10 Spiritism Lv.5
+10 Starting Package +5 Starting Package

Auxiliary Knowledge Astronomy Lv.10 Observation Lv.2
+10 Racial Bonus +2 Syliras

Social Interaction Interrogation Lv.1
+1 Syliras

Gnosis
None

Language
Type Proficiency
Common Fluent
Pavi Basic
Vani Poor

Lore
Leth, God of the Moon (SP)
It is only fitting that a follower of Leth should be knowledgable of all aspects of lore regarding his patron god.
Musical Appreciation (SP)
Since his rebirth into the mortal world, Ryshaltze has long been inexplicably drawn to music of various cultures, races and eras. As an avid fan, he is able to distinguish between the different styles of music, whether it be Vantha or Denshira.
Hand-to-Knife Combat (Syliras)
Through observation and actual practical application, Ryshaltze has gained more insight into combating equally against a small-sized knife with even if he's unarmed.
Size Doesn't Matter (Syliras)
Ryshaltze has acquired the combat techniques that would be most optimal in fighting unequal duels where the weapons used are of different sizes, whether it be holding a small against a large or vice versa. These strategies were outlined in the book 'Against Impossible Odds: The Key to Winning an Uneven Sword Fight' he borrowed from mentor Varen Direx.
Konti Culture - Basic (Syliras)
Ryshaltze barely grasps the basics of Konti culture and mostly learned of it from observation and inferences during his initial interaction with Ora.
Leading the Lost (Syliras)
Ryshaltze is fairly proficient in imparting his knowledge of a ground in which he is more familiar with to an absolute newcomer to the area, thus helping the metaphorical lost sheep find his or her way with more confidence then before.

Character Inventory

Equipment
Angra Mainyu (Greatsword)
Material: Common Iron
Length: 4’(Blade) 9”(Hilt)
Width: 5”(Blade) 11”(Cross-guard)
Weight: 5.5 lb
This is the zweihänder that Ryshaltze wielded in his previous life as a Drykas. Part of the Diamond warrior clan, he was renowned in his circle of friends as a powerful fighter and a dangerous swordsman. Tasked with enforcing the security of his kinsmen, this past incarnation of Ryshaltze was especially famed for specializing in taking down huge creatures in melee combat by himself, sometimes with supporting ranged fire. This was no mean feat, considering that even the strong Drykas band in at least groups of three blademen before attempting it. When Ryshaltze was violently flung into Mizahar, one of the first things he did was to travel to the Cyphrus Grasslands, clinging to the last remnants of mortal memory that began to awaken after being wrenched from celestial communion. It was there that he regained more memories of his previous self and even regained a small fragment of the combat abilities that he used to have. Buried together with the body in a solemn ceremony, he had found his grave and dug up the one recurring object that he had used throughout his life as a Drykas. Now, it is not only his primary weapon, but also a relic of his past incarnation serving as a reminder of what he used to be before being Chosen by the moon.
Angra Mainyu is usually carried around in a huge black leather cello casing to avoid drawing unwanted attention and is slung around his back with a strap across his chest. This made some people very interested to hear him play his 'cello', but he avoided the question by immediately inventing sudden new appointments that he had to immediately attend to. Up till now, he has been seeking a proficient cello player to teach him the techniques needed to make music.

1 Set of Clothing
1x Large white cloak
1x Simple black shirt
1x Dark blue pants
1x Black-red belt
1x Dark leather boots

Items
1x Backpack
1x Waterskin
1x Toiletry Set
1x Eating Knife
1x Flint & Steel

Currency

600 Gold Miza

Contacts

Last edited by Ryshaltze on July 28th, 2010, 5:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ryshaltze
Player

Character sheet

Ryshaltze the Musician

Postby Ryshaltze on July 27th, 2010, 3:59 am

Thread List

Date Location Event Status
Season of Winter, Day 47, 490 AV The Harbor, Sahova Arrival at Sahova Done
Season of Winter, Day 47, 490 AV Sahova A Heart so Violent and Wild Active
Season of Spring, Day 20, 505 AV Ahnatep On the Edge Active
Season of Spring, Day 1, 508 AV Stormhold Castle, Syliras Are you able to keep up? Done
Season of Spring, Day 6, 508 AV Stormhold Castle, Syliras How to be a monkey Active
Season of Autumn, Day 55, 508 AV Ethereal Notions, Syliras Into the Unknown Active
Season of Autumn, Day 23, 509 AV Entrance, Denval Arrival at Denval Done
Season of Autumn, Day 23, 509 AV The Stranger's Welcome, Denval New Scenery, Old Scenario Active
Season of Summer, Day 15, 510 AV The Main Gates, Syliras Lost and Alone Done
Season of Summer, Day 15, 510 AV Rearing Stallion, Syliras Soothing the Soul Active
Season of Summer, Day 19, 510 AV Sunset Falls, The Cobalt Mountains School Is In Session Active
Season of Summer, Day 27, 510 AV Sunset Falls, The Cobalt Mountains A Fine Evening Active
Season of Summer, Day 30, 510 AV Rearing Stallion, Syliras Beer and New Faces Active
Ryshaltze
Player

Character sheet