Closed Birthday Celebrations (Turrin)

Turrin decides to try and turn Drusilla's Birthday into a happy day

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Birthday Celebrations (Turrin)

Postby Drusilla on October 20th, 2013, 10:48 pm

31st of Fall 513AV
Early morning

Drusilla stood outside her room waiting. She rubbed her eyes and yawned a few times. She had been up making costumes for the young Yasi's play. She knew she should of gone to bed earlier, but she had gotten too involved in the project and spent most of the night working. Turrin had convinced her to take the day off and after a bit of begging form Turrin, she caved and agreed.

Had it been any other day everything would of been different. But, today was her birthday and the last thing she wanted to do was celebrate. It was a day to work and work to forget everything. It was only the fact that it was Turrin that had changed her mind. She waited quietly wondering what Turrin had in store for her today.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Turrin on October 22nd, 2013, 3:25 am

~Turrin. Maybe you shouldn't have forced her into celebrating her birthday. You know Drusilla's mood around this time is like.~

Turrin knew all to well since he had watched his friend fall into a state of melancholy around her birth day one to many times. The large man didn't want to do anything to upset her, but he would like to try to make her smile at least once today even if she tried her damn est to be miserable. He never understood her reason for her mood around this time, but he figured if she wanted to be miserable, at least she could tell him her reason. He just hoped the prying won't cause her to get angry with him. He didn't know if he could handle his best friend angry at him. Walking down the warren, Turrin thought about getting her a present, but he wasn't quite sure how she would react to a gift this time of year. Turrin just hoped the time that he put aside for her was good enough present for her. When he made it to the Darniva Common rooms, he was greeted by fake smiles and people giving him a wide birth as he walked down the hallway. Turrin knew Endals weren't normally found down her unless they wanted something from a Chiet or Avora, so he just kept his golden eyes focused on the destination.

~The Deks just saddled me, so everything is ready for our flight. Do you want me to have them pack anything for you?~

~Aponivi, why don't you have them pack my talon sword just in Case and the winter blanket. It will be cold, and I don't want her to freeze when I take her to God's Perch.~

~Got it, Turrin~

When Turrin made it to the door, he sat there wondering if it was a good idea to pester her about the celebration. He knew that she was the only person that could stop him in his tracks when she gave him a glare, but he doubt the Symenestra woman would be salty with him. Since he was technically doing a nice gesture towards her, the Endal took a deep breath as he tried to think of a best possible greeting for her, so he knocked on the door and waited for her to open it. When his pale friend opened the door, Turrin jumped up with his hands in the air and said loudly with a stupid grin on his face, “Happy Birthday, Dru!”
Last edited by Turrin on March 2nd, 2014, 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on October 23rd, 2013, 3:07 am

The look on Drusilla's face could be described in many words, confusion, befuddlement, surprise, confusion, and shock. After the confused daze wore off, she pointed a finger and seemed to have something to say. But then placed her had at her side and just shook her head in disbelief and wandered in circles for a moment. She was trying to figure out weather she had simply dreamed up what just happened or if Turrin had just.... She gave up trying to figure all this out and just accepted that Turrin had done something strange, with jumping and waving and.....stuff.

She gave her eyes a good rub and yawned attempting to wake herself up. "You better hope no one important saw you standing there arms flapping like an eaglet,Turrin." Turning to him she gave him an amused smile. After the wonderful display he did, she would try and enjoy this day. "Bah, so I'm 23 today... I'm getting old." Another smile as both she and Turrin knew she could live to see 100. "So, what are your plans for us today? I take it we're not going to be staying around my room." Drusilla grabbed her bag,"Alright, let's see what you're up to."
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Turrin on October 25th, 2013, 4:13 am

Turrin stopped flapping like a bird and watched as his friend tried to figure out what just happened. The last statement about not letting him be seen being wired made the large man snort out loud and said uncaring, “If I want to do my best bird impression than by Eywaats' black tail fathers I will regardless of who is watching.” Turrin walked into her apartment, leaned on the wall, and said with smirk, “Besides, seeing the look of bewilderment on your face was priceless, Dru.” He returned her amused grin with one of his own. He was happy that he was was able to make her smile today because he was expecting a more moody Drusilla today. When Drusilla started to complain about being twenty-three, Turrin said with a impish grin, “Even though your just short a quarter of a century old, I still think your beautiful, Drusilla.” Pushing himself from the wall, he walked over and extended a hand to take her bag from her and said nonchalantly, “Since it is your birthday, I will be a gentleman and carry your bag.” The Endal continued with a wink, “However, I can't give you any promises of being a gentleman during any other times of year.”

Turrin wasn't known for his playful nature, but he learned over the ten years that he known Drusilla that he felt comfortable enough to let down the formalities. It doesn't do it vary often since most people never give him the chance to get to know them on a more personal level. When she asked about what they were doing today, Turrin said with a smile, “The autumn leaves colors are starting to peak in the valleys, so I will be taking you to The God's Perch than I will be treating you to dinner at the Coastal Clam in Thunder Bay; however, we will be taking Aponivi to Water Reach, so we have to go to my aeries first.” Turrin other idea was taking her to the Inclement Weather for the night, but he wasn't sure how the Symenestra would enjoy sweaty bodies pressing up against her while consuming copious amount of alcohol. Turrin said softly, “I had a idea of taking you to the Inclement Weather when we got back from Thunder Bay, but I wasn't sure how you would enjoy it there.”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on October 26th, 2013, 5:53 am

"Well I rate your bird dance as a 'B'." Drusilla smirked, but rolled her eyes at his next line, "Hmph, I was just tired that's all!" At the word 'beautiful' Drusilla snapped her head away from Turrin. It was a method of hiding her embarrassment from her best friend. She muttered something in Symenos to herself."You don't have to try false flattery. I'd most certainly be betrothed in an arranged marriage to some ungodly stuck up man." She stopped and thought for a moment, "On second thought, I'll take the flattery. I couldn't stand a life like that being cooped up in that cave..... with those people." Drusilla was a bit surprised when the Endal took her bag. "I don't know, you seem pretty gentlemanly to me any other day." She smiled.

"Oh? The leaves are lovely this time of year. I've never been to Thunder Bay to be truthful... What is God's perch? I take it that The Coastal Clam is a restaurant of sorts?" Her face lit up "We're taking Dovna-Nivi?!?!" Drusilla was no exception from the want to fly. It wasn't just an Inarta dream other races wanted to know what the sky was like. "The Aeries are so... wonderful. Nice and wide, lots of space. I envy you for getting to live there. One day you might just find that I've moved into a nook or cranny somewhere in you aeries!"

Drusilla was quiet. Inclement Weather she didn't go there much at all nd when she did all she did was watch the beautiful Inarta women dance with their red hair spinning, twirling, and waving along. She was a wallflower. Girls like her weren't meant to dance and show off. But, today was her day. Right? Drusilla kept her eyes on the floor.She stood like that for a while and finally in a low unsure voice asked

"I-if we went..." Silence."W-would you." A deep breath. "Would you dance...with...me?" Her voice shrank as she spoke, until it was almost a whisper.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Turrin on November 10th, 2013, 6:19 pm

Turrin listened to her complain about her people. However, he didn't understand why she was such denial about her comeliness. However, he laughed slightly when aggressively accepted his compliment and said with a boyish grin, “Now you're stuck in a cave with me...” The Endal raised an eyebrow at the arrange marriage comment. He wasn't quite sure what they were since the term marriage was used loosely in both his father's and mother's culture. The Endal looked at Drusilla and said with a smirk, “I heard the term marriage from foreigners in Lhavit, but I don't quite understand why a woman would want to be tied to a man for the rest of her life. Wouldn't it get boring and irritating at the same time when you have to wake up next to him every day? Maybe I just a product of my two cultures, but it seems kind of restrictive for both parties. I understand love because my parents were in love, but they didn't need ceremony to symbolize their love and commitment towards each other. They were just together.” He might have sounded like a ignorant boob at the moment, but he never really had a serious relationship with another woman. Maybe his focus was always in other areas of his life like hunting, swordsmanship, and trying to prove himself a worthy warrior of Myri.

Turrin smiled to himself when Drusilla sounded excited about her birthday celebration. He always noticed that she seemed kind of mopy around this time of year. When she made the commitment about living in a quite corner of his home. Turrin shook his head and said with a smile, “You could always take my sister's or my mother's old room. I wouldn't mind having the company. It tends to get lonely in such a big place with just me and Aponivi.” In truth, he avoided it because he swears the spirits of his mother and sister still haunt his home. He would never admit, but it was something that always was on the back of his mind. Turrin was surprised at her request to dance with her, but he said with a smile, “Of course I will dance with you, Dru. It is your day isn't it, and if it wasn't your day, I would have asked you to dance regardless.” He laid a hand on her shoulder and said with a smile, “Come on, Aponivi is waiting for us.”

Turrin led her through the inner warrens to he Endal aeries. The Endal watched as the lower caste made a wide birth around him and her to not draw attention from the large Endal. As he walked down the inner warrens, he ignored the passerbyes till they started to gawk at her. He knew Symenestra were rare in Wind Reach since the city tended not to let them in, but the way the two women looked at her and him made even him uncomfortable. What did they find so funny? As he walked by them, he shot a glare at the two of them, and they quickly made their way down the warren. When they made it his aeries, he opened the door for her and said with a smile, “Follow me. Aponivi just down the hall.” Leading her down the hallway, he opened the door to see the massive eagle was already saddled and ready to go. Aponivi turned his great white head and contacted both of them,

~You look lovely today, Drusilla. Are you excited to fly today?~

Turrin brought her back to the saddle bag and laid Drusilla's bag into the larger bag. He noticed his talon sword was safety tucked into the saddle bag too. He was taking her into the wilderness, so he wanted to be prepared for anything especially if Drusilla was with him.

oocSorry I haven't given my aeries much thought yet. :(

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on November 13th, 2013, 10:23 pm

"Really they never married? I mean your parents? In Kalinor weddings are common place and in my opinion very sweet. Perhaps it's one of the only redeeming things of Symenestra.... The male who wishes to propose marriage helps weave a bolt of silk and presents it to his love, if she accepts the couple are wrapped it the bolt by friends and family. After thoroughly embarrassed the couple is released and two strips are cut from the bolt and tied to the couple's upper arm. On the wedding day, they take the two strips and tie the couple's hands together as onlookers tie in more strips with warm wishes for the future." She snorted, "I would ever have found a suitor in Kalinor, I'm much too Esterian than most men would like or accept."

Drusilla wasn't sure if Turrin was joking about her moving in, "Pssh, you would get tired of me scurrying around. Plus I snore." She said responding to it as a joke.

"I should warn you, I don't really know how to dance. I haven't really had a reason to learn to dance. All I do is work, and trying to sew while dancing sounds very unproductive... " She mumbled the last part mainly to herself as they walked, "...one would most certainly end up pricking themselves..." Turrin's posture changed as they walked, she looked up from the ground. The looks, the glares, the whispers, and the snickers. Drusilla's eyes returned to the ground. She heard them and felt them, and yet she didn't feel them or hear them. The years of this had numbed her to them. "Turrin.... don't..don't mind them. It's ok."Liar."I'm fine."Liar."It doesn't bother me anymore."Liar.

She bit her lip and kept walking. It was always the women who were talking and laughing. Azo. If only they knew what horrors her 'brethren' could inflict. She was the only Symenestra who would simply walk away with no wrath coming later in the night.

As they walked through the aeries she relized just how quiet Turrin's quarters truly were, "You weren't lying, it's so quiet. It's almost deafening, my ears are ringing." Her own quarters were quiet but the warrens were always buzzing outside so this level of quiet never reached her room.

Drusilla's eyes lit up, "Dovna-Nivi, how are you?" She reached up and put her arms around the eagle in a loving hug. Dru respected the wind eagles just as much if not more than the Inarta. She never approched a Wind Eagle without a good reason. But, Aponivi was different. He was never hard to approach. She cooed and chattered to the large bird as Turrin made sure everything was ready to go.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Turrin on November 19th, 2013, 4:09 am

As Turrin was finishing up with the last minute preparations, he watched Drusilla and Aponivi converse to each other. All he could hear was Drusilla speaking since Aponivi clearly didn't want him involved in their conversation. Turrin left them be and started to think about what she said about finding a Symenestra suitor. Wouldn't it be ideal for her to mate with one of her own species? He didn't know much about the Symenestra other than what Drusilla told him, and her opinions of her own people seemed to shrouded with contempt. However, she seemed to have quite a fondness for the wedding aspect of Symenestra courtship, so there must be good and bad to her people too. The Endal tightened the buckle on the saddle bag, walked over to Drusilla, and said with smile, “I hope I am not interrupting both of your conversation, but I think we are ready to go.”

Taking Drusilla pale hand, Turrin lead her up the small stone perch that helped the rider mount and dismount with ease. The Endal put the hood of his Katinu up and said to her with a smile, “Let me mount first, Dru than you can take your seat behind me. I will explain the basics of flying, so you don't fall off. OK?” Grabbing hold off the large horn of the saddle, Turrin swung his left leg over the wide leather saddle and put his feet in the stirrups. Looking at the Symenestra, Turrin said to Drusilla with a nod, “Alright, you can get on Drusilla.” When Turrin could feel her body behind him, the Endal said softly, “When we start flying, I want you to hold onto my abdomen with both your arms, and I want you to hold onto the side of Aponivi with your legs. You don't want to drive your heel into his side because it would be a uncomfortable trip three hour trip for him.” Turrin put down his hood and tied back his burgundy hair and said, “When we turn, dive, or climb, I want you lean towards the turn, and if we need to dive or climb, I want you to lean forward with me otherwise the air rushing by could throw you off.” The half breed looked over his shoulder at her and said with a warm smile, “Honestly, you will love flying Dru. You never known true freedom unless you are flying above the clouds. Maybe in the future, you will be able to tell your children about the time. You let a Myrian fly you around on top of giant eagle. Just make sure you put in a good word about me to them!”

Laughing slightly, Turrin gave her a wink and contacted to Aponivi, Why don't you start moving us to the edge of the aeries.

The giant wind eagle started to walk towards the edge of opening. The Endal could already start to feel cool wind blow in through the opening. Turrin was starting to noticed the region around Wind Reach was always windy as of late. Normally, he wouldn't mind it at all, but it would nice to have a calm day for a change. When Aponivi stopped at the edge, Turrin patted Drusilla leg to reassure her that it will be alright. Turrin had to yell over the wind, “Drusilla, I want you to hold onto me tight. Aponivi tends to dive first and climb quickly in the beginning. It a habit that I have been trying to break, but he has been doing it since a fledgling, so ya...there is your warning before hand!” Soon after his warning, Aponivi started to run for about ten feet before jumping off the side of the cliff. Putting his left hand on the horn of his saddle, Turrin placed his other hand firmly on top of Drusilla's hands as he leaned forward in the saddle. The three of them free fell for about one hundred feet until the white headed wind eagle opened his wings and started to climb rapidly into the clouds around the volcano. When they made it passed the cloud live, the wind eagle evened out and widened his massive wings along with his tail feathers, so Aponivi could just glide on the wind towards Thunder Bay. Straightening out in his saddle, Turrin looked back at Drusilla and said with smile, “Look around you. Isn't it beautiful?”
Last edited by Turrin on January 5th, 2014, 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on November 21st, 2013, 7:30 am

Drusilla conversed with Aponivi but she was sure it was much different than how Turrin spoke to the massive bird. She heard no voices, but felt feelings from the eagle in response. She was sure that Aponivi was speaking to her and that her race was getting in the way of her hearing him.

Mounting Aponivi was slightly...unnerving. She somehow managed to climb onto the bird, thanks to Turrin's help. She forgot how big these birds really were.

Drusilla nodded at the directions. She wrapped her arms tightly around Turrin. Her stomach lurched with Aponivi's dive it moved again as he quickly ascended. Once Aponivi had stabled his height Turrin turned and spoke to her. Drusilla shyly poked her head out to peek down to the volcaino that she and Turrin had learned to call home. "Oh my... Wow.. We're over the clouds. Drusilla gave a chuckled now noticing that her long hair trailed airborn behind her.

It seemed like everything was well and they had time to talk. She prodded Turrin, "What's with all this talk of me and children? I doubt there will ever be children. I refuse a Symenestra mate, and no other race will have us and for good reasons. Our halves are errr, they have a hard life. But, if I do have them, you'll be their uncle.Or you could... You can tell them yourself." She grinned, "And what about you? What about you and your children? Wouldn't want that lovely hair to go waste with no one to carry it on. Hmm?" A playful grin was spread on her face, "So, are you bringing the children thing up cause you found a girl? If so you better spill who it is! No guessing games either! You're an Endal you could have any girl in Wind Reach! Or are you gonna find a girl in Taloba?"

Drusilla silently hoped her best friend would tell her that there was no girl. It wasn't that she wanted Turrin to never find a mate... But... she wasn't sure she could cope if he did. It was a stupid feeling she had found as a young girl meeting the naive boy standing in the snow. She had convinced herself it was because he was her 'brother'. They were a family. Any one else just wouldn't understand.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Turrin on December 3rd, 2013, 4:10 am

Aponivi, why don't you start heading east towards God's Perch.

Turrin leaned into the turn as Aponivi started to bank right towards Thunder Bay. When the giant bird leveled out, the Endal wasn't sure what to say when Drusilla told him that she would probably be childless. He wasn't sure why the Symenestra refused to find a mate with her own people, but maybe the white haired woman had her own reason for not sharing with him. Still the Symenestra didn't rule out the possibility of finding a mate outside her own people even if her children would be half breeds like him. Suddenly Drusilla turned his own question on him, and he inwardly groaned to himself that he fell into her conversational trap when she asked if he found himself a girl. He wasn't quite sure how to answer the question because he did meet a glassblower named Syveris about ten days ago. She was attractive, smart, and funny, but he doubt his relationship with the glassblower would amount to anything other than friendship. Besides why would the Avora want a intimate relationship with a savage anyways. Turrin looked over his shoulder and gave the white hair woman a grin, “Drusilla, I have to be honest with you. You are a good looking woman, and if you go to the Inclement Weather and ask any Inartan male or possibly female to dance with you. I doubt they would refuse you, so I think you have much better chances of having children than you think if you just give love or lust a chance.”

Turrin paused for a moment of trying to find a clever way to avoid her prodding into his personal life. In honesty, Drusilla really his only friend in Wind Reach, so his love life was slim to none since he was always working. Yes, Kaya tried to set him up with girls from the glass works, but he often found it hard to spend time with them when he constantly had to head out into the Unforgiving to hunt. When it came to finding a mate in his own caste, the relationships tended to be short lived because both Turrin and the female Endal's egos tended to get in the way of their relationship. Turrin decided to try to deflect the question away from him,the Endal teased her slightly, “I didn't know you were into hair, Drusilla? You should be careful otherwise I might think you were flirting with me...” Giving wink at the end, Turrin turned his head forward to avoid her gaze and said with a laugh, “You know my love life tends to be disastrous, Dru. However, I might of made a new friend other day while climbing. Her name is Syveris. She is a glassblower like Kaya. Maybe I will introduce her to you someday.”

Aponivi why don't you start flying lower, so we can get a better look at the scenery below.

“Hold on tight to me, Drusilla. We are going to fly lower, so we can get a better look at the valleys on the way to God's Perch.” Aponivi brought his wings closer to him as he gradually descent through the clouds. Taking Drusilla hand, Turrin leaned forward and tightened his legs around the wind eagles side as Aponivi started to make the gradual decent through clouds. The Endal could tell as they descended the wind eagle picked up speed. It wasn't a controlled free fall like leaving the aeries Eventually, the wind eagle descended over a colorful valley of yellow leafed trees and snow covered evergreens. When Aponivi leveled out over the valley, Turrin patted his friend's hand and said without turning around, “No, I haven't found a girl yet. Most Inarta tend to shy away from me when I tell them that I am part Myrian. They tend to get the notion in their heads that I might decide to eat them one day. I think the thought about having a savage as a mate might be a tad intimating."

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Next