[Arundel's Scrapbook] The Internet is a Playground

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Arundel on September 10th, 2013, 12:23 am

After some long speculation, I decided to make a scrapbook! I want to warn everyone that there will be inappropriate humor, language, etc. Not all the time, because I can be a good girl. But usually I'm a dirtbag. To those of you (probably very few if any at all) who guessed it - yes my scrapbook is named after the book by the hilarious David Thorne! If you like to laugh and haven't had the pleasure of reading it, I highly suggest it. Beware of all the cursing in it. He talks like a sailor.

Anyways!

A little bit about me:

• I'm a child-sized adult. At least in my eyes. 5'3" and never in my life pushed past 96 pounds. I hate it. Shopping for pants is an absolute nightmare. They are almost always too long. Bullshit!
  • I'm a ginger. Beware.
  • I recently joined a live-action roleplay group called Dagorhir. Not LARP, sorry!
  • I'm kind of a hick, but I like to think I'm a sophisticated one. Not the Deliverance sort.
  • I am currently attending college majoring in Visual Communications, which encompasses a wide range of art forms. Right now I have photography, graphic design, and fine arts classes. Along with English and a required course mandated by the college, but whatever.
  • I lurk on Imgur a lot, and tend to send my thread buddies and friends weird shit I find there and anywhere else online.
  • If my parents would let me, I'd be like Mrs. Gertrude Lintz from the movie Buddy. If you haven't seen it... she has like 50 billion animals.

I'm sure more will become known about me as I post and socialize!
Last edited by Arundel on September 10th, 2013, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arundel
Neigh!

Words: 118477
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2013, 8:12 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Arundel on September 10th, 2013, 12:26 am

This is how I feel right now.
Last edited by Arundel on October 30th, 2013, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arundel
Neigh!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Arundel on September 23rd, 2013, 2:02 am

I hit a personal milestone over the weekend, which I'm pretty darn proud of myself for. I have a small self-proclaimed horse rescue - only three horses but everyone has to start somewhere - that has grown and finally leveled off after about five years. My first horse was an unpredictable Appaloosa that had been a pasture ornament and broodmare for over three years. The family that had her before me didn't have the best setup for the horses. They weren't had owners by a long shot, and they're good people, but there was a lot left to be desired. Anyways, getting off track. They gave her to me for free because she was just going to go to a sale barn, and they only wanted her baby which after three years still had barely been messed with. A dumb ordeal, but whatever.

I got a free horse after years of wanting, so I didn't have room to complain. Wrong! Prior to this my riding experience was pretty much zilch. This horse was barely messed with for almost four years, and earlier in life she'd been abused for who knew how long and how extensively. I love her to death and will keep her the rest of her life, but she was not a horse for a novice like I was. I had to retrain her while I myself was learning. There was a lot of tears involved, and a couple times I wanted to throw down the reins. Of course no one let me, which I'm grateful for. Eventually I got her to the point where she could be ridden without much trouble, and nowadays she's pretty much perfectly fine to ride at a slow pace on trails which is what I want. She recently foundered but came out of it alright, and is doing good.

So, I didn't get an ideal introduction into the world of horseback riding. There was a lot of fear after that, because every time I had tried to canter up until I got my second horse, I'd almost always been thrown off or fallen. Let me tell you that's not a good confidence builder for someone like me with a huge sense of self-preservation. It just wasn't a good deal. There's still some fear even now. But over the weekend I rode my good friend's Missouri Fox Trotter, and I have to say it was one of the best experiences I've ever had in the saddle. I loped and galloped that horse so long that as I sit and type this my flanks are hurting, and if I get up I limp and wobble. I felt fearless and strong and fucking majestic. I just wanted to share that with everyone, because it was a big hurdle for me to jump. I'm going to practice with that horse more until I'm completely at ease, then tackle the two youngsters I'm currently training with a lot more confidence. It's great to have a horse to turn to that you can trust wholeheartedly like I do that gaited mare.

This is how spectacular it felt to me. I almost cried I was so happy.

Instead I high fived myself.
Arundel
Neigh!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Arundel on September 26th, 2013, 2:37 am

I love this. Especially JGL. 'Nuff said.
Arundel
Neigh!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Arundel on September 29th, 2013, 2:25 am

I have a date tomorrow, and I'm pulling all the stops with this guy. I'm not going to belch at all, and I won't pick my wedgies unless he's definitely looking the other direction. Shit's gonna' get real, ladies and gentleman. Pray for me, or do whatever you do.
Arundel
Neigh!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Arundel on September 29th, 2013, 9:23 pm

Update: Date went perfect, he's hilarious, I didn't do anything too unladylike, and he said I looked great. Walked me to my car like a gentleman and gave me a hug. Now I just need to not be a creeper.

Arundel
Neigh!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Markus Andres on October 1st, 2013, 1:52 am

Arundel wrote:Now I just need to not be a creeper.

*snorts* Right... Like that is possible.

Looking over this scrapbook I am amazed that none had yet to post anything here! Well, there was some rambling Drykas lady (best if we ignore her) and that ought to be a crime!

But to your triumph: Congratulations! Here is your complimentary JGL picture.

Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Arundel on October 16th, 2013, 4:12 pm

I remember posting that to Jules' scrapbook when she was still around. JGL is THE BOMB. That picture gets me every time. Good times...

P.S.: I hate your guts, but I've got mixed emotions of affection now since you're the first to post in here. Why do you do this to me?!

P.P.S.: I need to just come to Syliras and make you my woman.

P.P.P.S.: Still cracking up looking at that picture.
Arundel
Neigh!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Arundel on October 29th, 2013, 3:09 am

I've always loved this gif. It's the homeland I share with Kaie.
Arundel
Neigh!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Arundel on October 30th, 2013, 4:03 pm

These please me immensely. That is all.

Arundel