PM to join Magic acts

Giat goes to see some street acts and may end up doing a little more than that

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Magic acts

Postby Giat Ikati on November 12th, 2013, 9:45 pm

"33rd of fall- 513 AV - morning"

Giat lay sprawled out on her bed sleeping soundlessly as the morning light fell on her face through the window. She let out a soft yawn and covered her eyes with one arm as she stretched her other arm and legs, then rolled out of her bed lazily and fell on all four, stretching her back as she raised her head and pushed forward with her feet while keeping her arms in place. Once she felt the muscles in her back loosen with a few satisfying pops she shifted so she could sit down next to her bed with one arm supporting the rest of her body as she leaned to the left in some degree of thought. "What to do today... hmm..." As always, the usual thought process when Giat has nothing to do - which is almost everyday. "To early for mischief, I'm not hungry enough for breakfast... Oh! I'll go into West Street! Cool things are always happening there!"

Giat jumped to her feet and went over to her chest, opening it to reveal her clothes neatly folded in a small pile with her angle-knife placed on top. She put them on, looking at her pants she could see they would need to be washed soon along with her cloak and gloves, but she could deal with that later. She picked up her boots that sat next to the chest and put them on, then picked up her knife in her right, black glove covered hand, before standing and throwing her hood over her head. She let he covered fingers trace over the flat part of the knife before putting it into her right boot and heading out of her cottage, into the crisp fall air. She looked up at the few trees that surrounding her and smiled softly as the crisp hair hit her face and her boots crushed the leaves that covered her path.

Fall happened to be Giat's second favorite time of year. She wasn't completely sure why though, she guessed it was because it was the signal that winter was nearing. Whatever the reason was, she didn't care that much, she just knew she liked it.

Giat walked leisurely as she passed the University to West Street, the air warming as the morning sun rose higher over head. There were already quite a few people walking around once she reached her destination. She pulled her hood farther up on her head so the only thing that showed was her mouth and the end of her hair that normally helped frame her face. She easily blended into the crowed as she strolled through the street. "I wonder what type of acts I'll see today."
Sorry guys, a while back my laptop stopped working and I had no way to get on Mizar because the school library blocked social sites(They'll probably remove that because it makes researching for projects harder)

But as of now I'm back and I'll be able to start posting again :3
Giat Ikati
I'm not a thief, if I don't get caught

Words: 24721
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2013, 12:24 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Magic acts

Postby Jayden Leina on November 13th, 2013, 12:57 am

x
x
Jayden had chosen today to practice her magic. One form or another. The ideal thing about studying multiple forms, was that she could alternate and choose what she which study she wanted to diverge into on a whim. Today she chose Auristics. And where better to sit and study the aura of people, than a place where many frequented? Today she'd spend her time on West Street. Adding her cloak to her outfit, prepared for delightfully chilly Fall weather, Jayden headed out of her cottage and was on her way to West Street in no time.

The day was pleasant, comfortable temperatures possessed the lands, chilled every once in a while by a cool breeze. Yes, Winter was on the way. The sun warmed her face as she walked, glinting off her cascading waves of sleek blond hair bouncing around her head. Once arriving, the Street was as bustling as always. People lined the streets, chatting, bargaining, bantering, and so forth. Finding a place off to the side, out of particular eye sight but still amongst the people on the street, Jayden stood as still as she could manage, eyes scanning the many people to pick a target to try and read. After a few moments of searching the faces she saw, one in particular piqued her interest. A woman walked along, but her hood was pulled far up over her head, concealing most of her face. Only the bottom of her face and some hair remained visible. This was who Jayden chose to try and read.

Now, she knew she wasn't very experienced in practicing Auristics. It was a sketchy and potentially dangerous field of study, since she used her own personal Djed to accomplish the tasks involved. She'd learned to keep an internal reserve of sorts for practicing personal magic, but she knew she must tread carefully so she didn't push too far. She'd heard all sorts of horror stories about what happened when one pushed too far. She didn't want that to happen to her, so she reminded herself to be careful.

Absent mindedly moving to keep the woman in her line of sight, Jayden took a deep breath and cleared her mind. She kept her breathing steady and slow, eyes on the woman, creating walls in her mind to block out the people around her. Her mind pictured her in a protective box, the rest of Jayden's vision blurring and receding until her entire focus was on the particular woman she'd chosen. Her hands raised themselves by her face, forming further walls around her vision to help retain her focus. She tried to remain close to the woman, she wasn't advanced in her skills enough to remain at a distance, but also tried not to seem creepy.

Slowly but surely, results began to happen. The woman first took on a glow, not very bright or really any particular color. Moments later, the aura turned a soft blue, a color Jayden wasn't positive the meaning for, but the feeling that accompanied the color was a neutral one, so Jayden determined for now that the woman was content. Not overly positive in either direction. It seemed to reverberate itself outwards from her, like vertical waves that buzzed around her person. Focus still on the color now shrouding the woman, Jayden searched it to see what else she could tell. In attempting to do so, a fierce headache ensued, followed by a long yawn. It was time to stop, or risk hurting herself. Oh how she didn't want to though! Slowly but surely, she released her visual hold on the woman, opening her senses back up to the outside world. Hopefully, she hadn't made a spectacle of herself.

x
Jayden Leina
The Forces Flow Within Me

Words: 10506
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2013, 3:09 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Magic acts

Postby Giat Ikati on November 13th, 2013, 2:54 pm

Giat continued through the street, vaguely aware that someone was following her, but shook the feeling off. It was probably someone just walking behind her going in the same direction or something. The thought soon faded when she felt like someone was staring at her, which in turn made the hairs on the back of her neck rise, then heard a yawn. She peered at the tall woman behind her - though to anyone else it would look like the kelvic just slightly turned her head to the side to look at the person next to her, who was also staring at the woman strangely. To Giat the woman was little more than a giant thanks to the foot and a half difference between them, but that was of little concern to her when so many others were so much taller than the kelvic as well, but she was curious as to why the woman had her hand up on her head and stared so intently at her like that a moment ago. She remembered her mom's bondmate doing something similar to that. The mage-in-training told Giat he was reading her emotions somehow, but she wasn't paying much attention to what he was saying at the time due to some silly reason.

Giat shook the thought off a few minutes later, after all, what were the chances this stranger was doing the exact same thing as the rarely seen man from a year ago? Bringing her thoughts back to the woman behind her, the kelvic could feel curiosity begin to build around what the woman was doing. Giat stopped for a few moments as she pondered over talking to the woman or not. She shrugged mentally and walked over to the woman.

"Excuse me." As always her mouth barely opened but her words came out clearly, "What were you doing just now? Your staring was kind of creepy." By now everyone had gone back to what they were doing but Giat kept her head down, which in turn would give the woman a better view of the top if her hood than anything else.
Sorry guys, a while back my laptop stopped working and I had no way to get on Mizar because the school library blocked social sites(They'll probably remove that because it makes researching for projects harder)

Giat Ikati

Character sheet

Magic acts

Postby Jayden Leina on November 16th, 2013, 7:00 pm

x
Senses returning to normal, Jayden blinked, reopening her eyes to those around her to find that she had indeed made a spectacle of herself. A few were staring at her in bewilderment, including the woman she'd been studying, and it was impossible to tell if they knew what she'd been up to, or they were just confused. Fear took over, for Jayden knew that magic wasn't understood or welcome everywhere. And she'd never been caught before. Should she run? Play it off? Her brain swirled, increasing the pounding of her headache. She couldn't think clear enough to plan an escape, so she decided to just play it cool and hope all would be alright.

She smiled mildly, turning her face a little downwards, as the people around her seemed to let the incident go. Crisis averted, today anyway. Moments later the woman she'd been reading came up to her, Jayden now realizing just how small she was. She boldly asked what Jayden had been up to, regarding her as creepy, embarrassing Jayden. The woman kept her head down, hiding her face and showing Jayden only the top of her hood. This piqued Jayden's interest highly, but she had no right to question this woman, so she bit her tongue and took a step closer to her, her voice low so only she would hear her answer.

"I'm sorry that I creeped you out, and I apologize if I offended or startled you in any way. I don't know how much you do or don't know about certain things in this world, but my instincts don't tell me to hide it from you. My name is Jayden, and I study magic, of a few different kinds. One of which is Auristics. I was staring so intently at you because I was trying to read the aura that surrounds you."

x
Jayden Leina
The Forces Flow Within Me

Words: 10506
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2013, 3:09 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Magic acts

Postby Giat Ikati on December 21st, 2013, 2:15 pm

Of course she was doing that Auristics thing. Now Giat felt a little silly for asking, even if she didn't know much - if anything - about magic, she had seen enough people practicing that type of magic enough times to at least be able to know when someone was doing it to her. At least, that’s how Giat felt about it; though she wasn't embarrassed, she simply felt foolish for asking about something she should have learned from watching the students that practiced outside of the University. She shifted her weight onto one foot and muttered something to softly to be coherent and took a step back. She fiddled with the edge of her gloves as she spoke, pulling them up higher, making sure to talk loud enough to be heard “It’s fine, I understand.”

She said something under her breath again, this time it was distinguishable enough to hear “I should have before…” until she seemingly trailed off but continued speaking in a too soft voice.

Giat put her hands back to her side, nodding slightly at the taller woman - Jayden, in her way of letting the woman know she acknowledged her presence, but was going to go on her way as originally intended. Following suit, she turned and continued walk to where all of the street acts were. The feeling that she should have known about Auristics enough to not have to ask was still on her mind, despite the fact that in reality she’s only seen it done enough times to count on one hand, and for half she was barely paying any type of attention to it.

Giat Ikati

Character sheet