[Verified by Crosspatch] Giat Ikati

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Giat Ikati

Postby Giat Ikati on November 6th, 2013, 12:26 am

Giat Ikati

Race: Kelvic
Age she appears to be is 16 years old
Birthday: 5, Spring, 509.
Birthplace: Zeltiva

Appearance

Human Appearance
Giat stands at about 4’2 ft and weighs 98 lb when in human form. Her face is a roundish shape and her stature is small, which gives her a young appearance so it’s relatively hard to tell how old she is, or would be were she human. Her eyes a golden brown, looking closely you would see that they slant slightly due to her feline traits. Her hair is hidden under a short mass of black hair that stops short of her shoulders. Her canines are sharp, but only so slightly, but otherwise look like normal teeth; this trait is fairly often overlooked. Her skin is a sun-kissed bronzed color and her clothes are simple; she tends to look down or slouch with her cloak often pulled over her head to hide her face. She wears gloves which hide her most notable feline trait, her sharp nails which resemble claws and look polished white.

Animal Appearance
In her Lynx form she is 3’2 ft at shoulder height - 3’9 ft at length - and weighs 65.8 lb. She has a white under underbelly, paws, and the tips of her ears are black a long with the end of her tail. The rest is a dark orange-red with black spots dotting her fur.

Character Concept
Being young she’s only learned the basics of survival from her mother, her bondmate - who she's labled "mage-in-training" because she never learned his name - and a few people who thought she was a street rat and decided to teach her a few things. Because her mother was a slave at one point in time and had a bondmate before she was fully developed Giat knows what would happen if the same thing happened to her - thanks to the mage-in-training explaining it to her on one of the rare days he was able to spend some time with her - and tends to keep away from others, keep herself from being noticed as little as possible to avoid the consequences of bonding to early by getting too attached to someone. She has no idea when she’ll be mature enough for that though, and decided to continue keeping to herself until she felt she was ready.

The angle-knife she always has tucked away in her boot is the weapon her mother gave her before she disappeared to who-knows-where with the mage-in-training and leaving Gait to fend for herself. Despite the fact that she never used it she never goes anywhere without it, seeing it more as a good-luck charm than a weapon.

Although she’s fairly cautious, Giat has a tendency to be a trouble maker. She’s rather fond of turning into her lynx form and stealing fish and occasionally scraps of meat from the local markets and ports. If she really needs money she'll snatch money straight out of someone's hands if they were about to pay for something.

Even though in she has reached the age of maturity she is not entirely aware of it yet, mostly because of how small she is in her human form. She should actually look around 17 to 19 years old.

As for her personality itself; Giat doesn't consider herself to be a very curious person, this is due to her own lack of knowledge about the world around her and so she is content with where she is now. Though the thought of other places does fascinate her to an extant, she's more focused on entertaining herself through whatever trivial means she has. She does have a small fascination with magic thanks to the small amount of time spent with the mage-in-training and will sometimes be seen lurking around the university.

Obviously Giat isn't the most social person at first, which in turn doesn't warrant many friends, and is quick to find a reason to slide out of a conversation if the person isn't holding her attention with something that would interest her. Though she tries her best not to be rude while doing so and often comes off as shy based off her posture and how she barely opens her mouth when speaking, though she talk clearly despite that. She often blends into the crowd to avoid any unwarranted attention.
If someone happens to be persistent enough she'll begin to warm up to them, though how much varies on how they gain her attention, if they annoy her instead she'll find a way to chase them off instead. Their are times when it would seem like she's warming up to someone, but really she just appears less weary due to the environment itself - like any normal animal she would seem relaxed if others around her are relaxed - but the slightest thing can make her revert back to being extremely quiet and reserved - and again will sneak away when no one's paying attention.

Although Giat isn't very smart considering her age and lack of drive to better herself, she is a fast learner to an extant but has trouble paying attention when something doesn't interest her.

Side note :
Because being bonded to someone is unavoidable for Kelvics I'm not against it, it will simply make Giat harder to bond to anyone because she's not only hesitant to the idea itself but has reached her animal form's age of maturity. Her hesitance will begin to fade after she turns 4.

Character History

Giat’s mother moved to Zeltiva just before she was born, at the time she was with her new bondmate. All Giat ever new about him was that he was a human learning magic. During the rare times they did spend together he told her about the dangers of early bonding and taught her how to survive by staying hidden using the shadows and using her small body to escape or hide in small places.

Giat’s mother and the mage-in-training left her in Zeltiva after her animal form met the age of maturity, little to her knowledge, and her mother left her the angle knife before leaving so she could defend herself without having to change forms.

Language

Fluent Language: Common
Fluent Language: Feline
Basic Language: N/A
Poor Language: Vani

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Acrobatics 6 SP 6/100 Novice
Wilderness Survival 17 SP 17/100 Novice
Camouflage 10 SP 10/100 Novice
Hunting 10 RB, 17 SP 27/100 Competent

Lores

Helpful Lores:
Lore of Zeltiva Streetplan
Lore of Zeltivan Culture

Possessions

Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt (Brown)
-Simple Pants (Brown)
-Simple Undergarments (White)
-Simple Cloak (Black)
-2 pairs of Simple Gloves (One pair brown the other black)
-Simple Boots (Brown)

Items
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint
[tab=Heirloom]Angle-knife handed down to her by her mother[/tab]

Money
78 Gold Miza.8 Silver Miza

Housing

House: Cottage, roughly 20x20, includes a hearth, bunk, good bed, chest, chair, and table.

She lives left of the Old Quarter(University) in a near secluded place next to Mirahil Pass

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
(2 pairs) simple gloves -1 GM 99 GM
Bed, Good -20 GM 79 GM
(4) Hood -20 cm 78 GM.8 SM

Thread List

Fall 513
Name Status Date & Season Year Region
Magic acts PM to Join 33rd of Fall 513 AV Zeltiva
A little mischief Waiting to be reviewed 66th of Fall 513 AV Zeltiva

Winter 513
Leaving port PM to Join 10th of Winter 513 AV Zeltiva

Flashback
Fun by the beach (Giat)Flashback31st of Summer 512 AV The Wildlands
Last edited by Giat Ikati on January 5th, 2014, 1:36 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Sorry guys, a while back my laptop stopped working and I had no way to get on Mizar because the school library blocked social sites(They'll probably remove that because it makes researching for projects harder)

But as of now I'm back and I'll be able to start posting again :3
Giat Ikati
I'm not a thief, if I don't get caught

Words: 24721
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2013, 12:24 am
Character sheet

Giat Ikati

Postby Giat Ikati on November 16th, 2013, 11:38 pm

Giat Ikati

Just a few questions for the kelvic

General Information :
1. What is your Name?

Giat Ikati

2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?

The mage-in-training used to call me Katty

3. How old are you?

Currently I'm 3 years old

4. What is your height?

4 feet and 2 inches as a human and a foot shorter as a lynx

5. What is your weight?

I weigh about 98 pounds when I'm human and about 65 or 66 pounds when I'm a lynx. Saying that out loud makes me think I should start eating more often.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.

Uh... I guess I'm kind of carefree and relaxed for the most part? And a little dense as far as book smarts and street smarts go.

2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.

I don't know how the mage-in-training see me, but I know my mom used to see me as her defenseless little hatchling(she was a bird...) and would hardly ever let me out of her sight

3. What is your favorite body feature?

Favorite? Uh... I don't know, I never thought about it... my claws, I guess? I tried trimming them in human form but they grew right back after a week or so, kind of cool I guess.

4. How physically fit are you?

Not very, but who needs to be strong when you're small enough to slip through you're opponent's grasp?

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?

I only have one pair of clothes, but if I had a choice I'd always wear my cloak with the hood over my head just out of habit and have my gloves fingerless so I could have a better grip when I pick up things.
My style? I don't know, I never had a chance to really see what I like.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?

I don't know who my dad is, it could have been the mage-in-training, or my mom's last bondmate. I never really asked though.
But my mom was a bird Kelvic, a hawk. The mage would send her to go deliver something far away and I'd be alone for a day or two with her angle-knife unless he had time to talk to me or show me a new magic trick he learned. But when my mom was around she rarely let me go off by myself and was always forgetful so she would freak out if she couldn't find me while we were playing hide and seek. She used to play with my hair a lot as well and sometimes talked in Vani so I picked up a few words and phrases she would say around me.

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?

Maybe. As of now I don't know.

3. What is your extended family like?

What extended family?

4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?

5. Do you treat animals like family?

No more family questions, please

Zeltiva

2. Where do you live now?

Zeltiva

3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?

I only know about Zeltiva.

4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?

5. Where do you fear to be?

Pass.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses

I'm kind of small, but I normally use that to my advantage, so... I guess that doesn't count.
2. Are you right handed or left handed?

I'm right handed

3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?

I speak common, my voice is kind of soft and a little scratchy, and I don't think I have an accent.

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

When I'm unsure of something my eyes slide away from whoever I'm looking at or talking to, I tend to slouch, and I keep my head down when talking to new people(mainly humans/human looking species).

And I tend to tug on my gloves if I feel like I said or did something stupid, if I'm not wearing my gloves I tug on a part of my cloak or my hair.

Also, when I want to say something but I'm not sure if I want someone to hear me my voice get's softer and to low to hear, even if I don't mean to do it.

5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?

No, that looks like it hurts. Plus no one will see a tattoo after a change and a piercing would probably be inconvenient after I change.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?

I'm a laborer

2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?

I dislike it, there's to little money.

3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?

Rich and carefree as ever. Wait, were you talking about job?

4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?

Hmm... Hunters. They get money doing something fun and exciting.

5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?

I'm not sure... zoo keeping? I just don't think it would be very fun.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?

I tried to be good but I snuck away from my mom a lot whenever we went out when I was little. I still feel guilty for making her worry.

2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?

The first time I saw snow! I got to play with my mom and the mage that day! I also caught my first hare too!

3. What is your worst memory from childhood?

I don't like to talk about it, but... I got into some trouble in East Street and it ended with my leg being broken and the mage carrying me back home. I got an ear full as soon as mom saw me.

4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?

It was nice, I miss my mom and the mage sometimes.

5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?

The mage. He taught me a lot of things.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?

I learned how to survive on my own... but I don't know how to read.

2. Do you like/dislike learning?

I like to learn, it's just boring sometimes.

3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?

From my mom and the mage showing me how to do something.

4. How do you learn best?

Hands on, I think

5. What are your educational goals for the future?

To learn how to read

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?

No. I'm afraid of bonding to early.

2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?

I don't trust people easily, but I'll have a conversation. The worlds a dangerous place.

3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?

Uh... I guess... bi? Uh... next question?

4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.

I haven't

5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

Why are you asking me these questions?

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.

I have tasted alcohol, it's to gross for me to keep drinking.

2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?

No. It's gross.

3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?

Don't they all taste the same?

4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?

Not even once.

5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

How do I be specific? I only tasted alcohol ones and I've never used drugs before.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?

Hunting small things like rabbits and fish, causing mischief at the ports and in some of the food markets, and watching street acts.

2. Do you like to read?

I can't read...

3. What annoys you more than anything else?

Loud places and people.

4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?

Walking into a shallow stream during spring in my lynx form and waiting for the fish to swim by while my fur gets wet

5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Asking questions about things that make people look at me like I'm dumb

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?

Blue, white, and black

2. What is your favorite time of day?

The night. I like climbing into a tree and looking up at the night sky.

3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?

Uh...

4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?

I like eating fish raw and fresh. I hate eating completely cooked deer meat.

5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

A clear day during fall when it smell faintly like it's going to rain soon. I don't like thunder storms, the noise scares me to the point where I hide under my bed.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?

Can I be both?

2. What are your religious views?

I don't have any religious views

3. Would you be able to kill?

It depends. If I had to, yes.

4. What are your views on sex?

I don't know, to do it when I'm in heat?

5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Just enjoying yourself, I guess...

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?

Wandering off into the crowds when my mom took me out. I made her worry a lot.
The best thing I did was catch a hare for our lunch.

2. What is your greatest regret?

Not spending enough time with my mom and the mage

3. What is your best/worst memory?

Didn't I already answer this?

4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?

I think it would be getting the mage-in-training to teach me how to read before he left

5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Being able to read the word West.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?

I hide them, I can't trust everyone with my thoughts and feelings.

2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?

I don't think so... humans make me nervous sometimes...
3. What makes you happy?

Talking to someone I trust

4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?

A close friend, if I ever have one.

5. What makes you angry?

Being accused of something I didn't do.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?

I try to treat other people with respect

2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?

Currently, no one

3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?

The mage-in-training because he's worked hard to learn at the university

4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.

I... uh... er..... stop asking me these questions!

5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Not at the moment.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?

I like to avoid conflict

2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?

I've never been in that kind of situation, but I don't think I would

3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?

Not particularly... interacting with a lot of people makes me nervous

4. Do you care what others think of you?

No... okay, a little.

5. What do you think of others, in general?

Not much, honestly

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?

My flexibility

2. What is your greatest weakness?

My strength

3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I'm not sure... maybe my shyness.

4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?

Introverted for the most part

5. Are you generally organized or messy?

I'm pretty organized

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?

I actually don't know anything about the gods...

2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

(Not doing this one)
Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Sorry guys, a while back my laptop stopped working and I had no way to get on Mizar because the school library blocked social sites(They'll probably remove that because it makes researching for projects harder)

But as of now I'm back and I'll be able to start posting again :3
Giat Ikati
I'm not a thief, if I don't get caught

Words: 24721
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2013, 12:24 am
Character sheet