Flashback [Tiger Training Area] Chance For An Exciting Job (Traverse)

Watching the training of the Myrian tiger's Moru may earn a job there.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

[Tiger Training Area] Chance For An Exciting Job (Traverse)

Postby Moru on November 1st, 2013, 3:12 pm

74th Day, Fall 511 - forenoon

Less than thirty yards outside of the training area a young Myrian boy was watching the training of the Myrian tigers and their riders. He was not exactly hiding but didn't stand out in the open either.
The boy of maybe eight years of age wore nothing but a primitive loincloth that was not more than two small frayed and stained flaps of soft leather hanging at his front and back from a leather string around his waist. It was enough for a boy his age to be counted as modest but not much more. The boy looked rather skinny without much muscles showing but he was surprisingly clean. There was a tattoo on his left shoulder most Myrian's didn't recognize and a stone knife was strapped to the outside of his left leg. The one outstanding thing for a Myrian boy was his black hair that was cut short to show the boy's shame.

The boy's name was Moru but if asked about his name he would usually answer 'Moru the Clanless' because that was what he was. He wasn't ashamed of it and thought it was better to make that clear from the beginning. At least he knew right away how people reacted to it instead of getting his hopes up and being pushed away after they learned that he had no clan.

It had been nearly two weeks since Moru learned about this training area for the Myrian tigers. Since then he had been here most days for at least an hour or as long as he could unless he had to go out hunting for his survival.
Every day he dared to go a bit closer to the training area. Not because he feared the Myrian tigers but because he feared to be rejected and sent away by their riders. The young boy adored the massive tigers for their strength and beauty since he saw two of them for the first time. It had been the guards at the gate the day he arrived in Taloba last summer. Seeing the boy's fascination the two guards allowed him to offer the antelope he carried to the two tigers.
After he saw how they made short work of the animal he was barely able to carry Moru had a healthy respect for their strength and size but he didn't fear them. Seeing the mighty animals training with their rider was fascinating and exciting for the boy.

Closest to the side where Moru stood was some sort of course. The riders rode with their tiger along a trail and at certain distances wooden posts had been erected. Straw bundles that looked like heads had been stuck on top and the riders tried to hit them with their spears. If they did the bundles fell down and a helper put another one onto the post for the next rider. Light walls of braided branches had been erected at the sides between the post to protect the helpers against the bundles going astray but because of it the helpers remained out of sight of the riders and each other most of the time.

Moru watched another rider passing the pole in front of him as the spear hit a bit too low. The bundle fell but the spear splintered and the part with the sharp tip was hurled to the side by the force of the rider. Moru held his breath as the deadly tip missed the head of the young man only by an inch or two. Breathing out in relief Moru suddenly saw the white in the young mans eyes before he dropped to the ground from the shock of near death. there was no way the rider could stop and he never had a chance to see what happened there anyway.
Without thinking Moru ran towards the fallen youth and held his hand in front of his mouth and nose. Feeling his breath and seeing no injury the boy's next thought was for the next rider who had to be on his way.
Quickly he grabbed one of the spare bundles and ran towards the post. There was no way he could reach the top from the ground because he was just not big enough. Thinking quickly Moru jumped onto the diagonal stilt at the back of the post. It was meant to keep the post from falling over if a rider hit too deep and into the post but now it provided the boy just the height he needed. Stretching as long as he could while holding onto the post with his second hand Moru placed the bundle on the spike on top of the post. He only had a few seconds left to jump to safety before the next rider was there.

The rider missed so Moru didn't waste any time to look after him but hurried toward the unconscious youth to check on him. Only now he asked himself why he didn't stay there in the first place. On a second thought he came to the conclusion he would set up the next bundle again so the training didn't need to stop.
Moru
the clanless

Words: 29410
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2013, 12:17 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Traverse on November 4th, 2013, 2:28 am

Hoyta of the Poisoned Arrow reclined in a glimmer of shade with a hulking female Myrian Tiger by the name of Glidd. The cat was lapping up a trough of water in surprisingly graceful gulps, Hoyta gently scratching behind Glidd's left ear, which was always her favorite.

Distracted from her break, the female tiger let out a soft growl that her rider knew well. New Company. Mahogany eyes gazed around the yard slowly, taking in the workers, new riders and prospectives walking alongside instructors, a new girl forced to heave giant slabs of meat around. But soon she found the source of her mounts distress. Upon one of the dummies that the riders were taking practice drills near, training accuracy as well as the bond with one's mount, a minuscule child was attempting to take the place fo a fallen worker.

She glanced at Glidd, and Glidd at her. "Perhaps a lesson is order, dear friend?" The tiger gave a throaty growl that sounded almost...like an alarmingly deep chuckle, then rose in a flowing of orange and white fur, trotting casually across the yard as if she owned it.

As Moru checked the boy, he could feel soft breath upon his palm, signalling that no the male had not been killed, merely knocked unconcious, perhaps by a blow to the head, or the fall, it was hard to say.

An altogether more pressing event, however, was the head of a female somewhat larger than the two tigers Moru had met at the gates. He had learned shortly after his first scouting forays in the Tiger Training Area that female specimens were nearly always larger than the males, and this beauty loomed over him, and would even if he was not in a crouched position.

Her head then dipped down, maw opening and teeth clamping around Moru's neck. It was warm and damp in the mouth of the tigress, her fangs clamping down gently, though they prodded his flesh. Despite the rather horrifying display, after a moment Moru would realize that the grip was not one meant to kill, only grasp tightly enough....to carry. Moru's feet barely brushed the ground as the great cat carried him like a prize across the yard and deposited him in front of a few riders relaxing in the shade with their massive companions.

Glidd chuffed after she had released Moru's neck, taking a seated position in the entryway of the tented area to make sure Moru would have to run by her first if he wanted to escape. If the boy struggled during the trip he would find small rivulets of blood running down his neck, but if he remained fairly calm, he would feel no more than a slight torqued sensation in his shoulders from the awkward trip.

Hoyta leaned forward examining the strange hairless child.

"Name and Reason for Disrupting Practice, boy."
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Moru on November 4th, 2013, 10:57 am

Moru turned his full attention to the youth lying unconscious in front of him. He was surely out of the borders of his knowledge because sadly he knew very little about healing. The youth breathed so he had to be alive and Moru saw no obvious injury but there might be one he couldn't see. That was all the young boy was able to say for sure about the youth. It fit with what Moru saw but it all happened so fast Moru could have missed another part injuring the worker. If he had water he might have tried to wake the youth up with it but without he wasn't sure what to do.

His senses dulled with his worry about the youth Moru didn't sense Glidd moving closer behind him. For somebody not knowing Myrian tigers it would have been a surprise how silently these massive predators could move if hey wanted.
The boy flinched as the massive maw and teeth grabbed him by the neck. There was a short moment of fear but quickly the boy realized he would already be dead if the big Myrian tiger had any intentions of hurting him. He had seen kittens and other young wild animals carried by their mothers and became aware what was happening the moment Glidd raised him off the ground and turned back towards her rider.

The thought that he would probably never again get so close to a Myrian tiger unless he became food for one drove the last instinctive fear from the young boy. Moru relaxed visibly like a kitten carried by it's mother and began to enjoy the unusual ride. In this situation it was an advantage that Moru was a bit small and still hadn't returned to his normal weight after the long journey to Taloba. Despite the uncomfortable pressure of some or the teeth there was even a light but obviously happy smile on his face as Glidd put him down in front of a group of riders. Because of his relaxed state the boy was on his hands and knees after Glidd let go of him. "Thanks!" he said barely audible to the retreating predator.

Turning back towards the riders the excited smile about this unbelievable ride was still visible on his mouth before it was replaced by his nervousness but his eyes already showed how much more nervous he was about facing the men than being carried in the maw of a Myrian tiger.
One of the riders leaned forward and asked for his name and why he disrupted the training. Despite this being far from the truth it showed Moru that he couldn't expect any sympathy from these men. After his experiences from the last few weeks since arriving in Taloba Moru didn't expect some anyway. Strangely this calmed him down a little bit because by now he knew how to take this sort of treatment.

Unwilling to face these warriors on all fours like some animal Moru stood up. There was little muscle visible on the boy but thanks to his agility and flexibility there was a certain grace in his movements. His tendons showed some play under his clean skin that revealed a little bit that he was stronger than he looked. This gave the boy a little time to consider his answer. He decided to just tell them the truth of what happened.
Moru sensed Glidd's spittle slowly trickling down his chest but wasn't sure if there was some blood too. He didn't mind the spittle and was not going to act like a frightened little brat in front of these men. He tried to help and didn't want to be forbidden to watch the training in the future. There was a good chance one of the riders already saw him watching at another day.

Standing up erect he looked Hoyta into the eyes as he answered. "I'm Moru, the clanless." He waited for a second and watched the riders to see how they might react to this information. Moru was not ashamed of being without clan but he was aware that it made him some sort of outcast. "I was watching the training. One of the riders hit a bit too low and his spear splintered on the pole that held the targets. The target fell and the rider might not have seen it but the tip of his spear barely missed the face of the worker. He dropped to the ground and didn't get up after it. I saw what he did and decided to help out before the next rider came. I was able to set a new target on the pole but it was not easy because of my size. I made it just in time but I'm not sure if the next rider missed because he saw me. It gave me a chance to look at the worker before you beautiful friend came and brought me here. The worker breathed but I'm no longer sure if it was only the shock. The young man may need help."
Moru spoke calmly and truthfully about what happened despite his nervousness and the fear of being forbidden to watch the training. He didn't beg or whine or insist on not interrupting the training because he was sure it wouldn't help with these riders. The boy just told the truth and looked Hoyta into the eyes all the time. Only as he mentioned the worker being in possible need of help his voice got a slightly urgent tone. Despite his own situation it was not unusual for Moru to worry about others.

The boy had been trained to be independent for years by his father and knowledge of making it on his own o Taloba and surviving until now gave him the confidence to face the riders the way he did. There would be nobody to protect Moru so they might do to him what they wanted. All the boy was able to to was to stand up for his actions and take the consequences like a man.
Moru
the clanless

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Traverse on November 6th, 2013, 4:00 pm

Hoyta rose to her full height, an impressive 6' 3". Her hair was wound into tight braids upon her head, a bone necklace that looked as if it were fashioned out of curved teeth clacking around her neck as she stood. She watched Moru with a scrutinizing gaze, one dark eyebrow raising somewhat as he stated he was clanless.

"Do you mean to disrespect us, boy, to insult my intelligence?" She said, stepping forward and looking down at him. "No Myrian child is without a clan, not even foolish boys like you."

"Calm yourself, Hoyta, he was only trying to help, whether he has a clan or not is his own business, and little of ours." This voice was softer, older. It's owner was a middle-aged woman, her skin the color of a buffed copper shield. Enumerable metal bangles hung around her wrists, and elegant grey streaks had begun to wind through her jet black hair, crawling from her scalp. Hoyta made a grunt, but did not dispute the woman's words, back a few steps up.

"I have seen you before, Moru, more than once. I see you, like many Myrian children, have a love for our gift from Caiyha and Navre." She leaned forward, arms folded together and propped upon bony knees. Her eyes studied Moru in a very different, but no less scrutinizing light than Hoyta.

"Do you know of the story of the Myrian tigers, Moru? How they came to us?"
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Moru on November 7th, 2013, 10:07 am

Moru looked up as Hoyta raised to her feet. With the boy only being eight years old and a bit small for his age she really toward over him.
He flinched lightly as Hoyta called him a liar, being disrespectful and even insulted him as being foolish but he resisted the urge to step back and held his ground instead as the big woman stepped close to him. His eyes stayed looked to her ones. They showed the boy was nervous but no fear. These rides could still send him away and forbid him to return to watch the training. Hoyta's word wouldn't help if he allowed them to stay between them.

The words of another woman stopped Hoyta and made her retreat to her place. Moru smiled thankfully to that woman and nodded as she mentioned she had seen him before. Under her look the boy felt as if he was seen through down to his bones and it showed she might see things different than Hoyta but still expected answers from him. At her question about the history of the Myrian tigers Moru shrugged a bit uneasy with his shoulders. Only the truth could help him here and he hoped that was enough.
"The first Myrian tiger I know about was the companion of the goddess Myri back in the times before the tribes united. The people of her tribe began to breed them. Sadly that is all I know about this. I tried to learn more about them but was not able to find anybody willing to tell me more.
I met my first two Myrian tigers the day I arrived in Taloba this summer. You can say I sensed that love of their strength and beauty on first sight. Their riders allowed me to give them the antelope I hunted that morning as a sign of my respect. Only later I learned that it was a rare honor to be allowed such an offer. Sadly I don't know their names but if there was a chance to find them out I would like to thank them for it."
the boy replied truthfully but with an edge in his voice because he was sure that wouldn't be enough. At the second part of his words his love for the Myrian tigers and his thankfulness towards those two riders showed through his voice.

Turning his head toward Hoyta he began to explain calmly.
"My mother was a slave on a plantation near Kenash. She was a true Myrian but was sold away and father never learned about her clan. Before my father brought me before the elders of his clan he was killed in a slaver raid on the Village of the Shining Scales where we lived. I was trapped below the debris of our house and couldn't do anything as I had to watch the slavers killing father, my faithful death and many of our friends. Those of out friends they didn't kill they carried of into slavery.
I have no idea where it came from but at my fathers pyre a thought came into my mind. It seemed to be the right thing to do so I vowed to the goddess Myri to live without a clan until I find my missing mother or learn about the circumstances of her death. Until then I will wear my hair short too to show my shame of not being able to help those dear to me as they needed me the most. An old shaman in the village heard of my vow and told me about a rarely used old tattoo that showed the wearer was clanless by his own choice and vow until he fulfilled that vow he made. He told me there was a second part of the tattoo that made it a sign of honor after the vow was fulfilled. He showed me how it was done because he guessed it would take me some time.

You see, I could go to the clan of my father but I will remain clanless because of the choice I made. After I had some time to think about it I realized that there is a good chance my mother is still alive. Joining my fathers clan as long as there is still a chance of joining my mothers clan wouldn't be right."

The way Moru spoke calmly and with well thought out words showed that the young boy already told the part of the vow a couple of times and gave the last part about joining his mothers clan a lot of thought.
Moru
the clanless

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Traverse on November 7th, 2013, 2:23 pm

The older woman sat poised, listening to the boy speak. Hoyta snorted at the end of his origin tale, but the older woman's turned serious. The small gathering of elite riders reclining under the tent had a mixture of expressions from disbelief, to confusion, to Hoyta's level of disregard for the boy's words.

"He tells the tale like it is some great story." Hoyta shook her head and stomped out of the tent. Glidd chuffed good naturedly, but rose to follow her rider out into the center of the yard where she began rubbing down the great cat, muttering under her breath.

The older woman stood up. She was not as tall as Hoyta, but still of size with Myrian women. If she had a tiger, it did not respond to her movement, and she gestured to Moru to follow her, exiting the tent and guiding him through the massive yard.

"I would suggest, child, to only tell your story to those deserving to hear it." She glanced meaningfully down at him for a moment, dark eyes nearly black. "Your tale is your own, as I said before, and I only asked you your knowledge of our tigers, no more. Your voice is strong, but sometimes answers are better solved within, not paraded to your fellows, it speaks not of humility, but a pride in your story, even if that is not your intention."

She was silent then, having imparted her aged wisdom to Moru, and they walked slowly across the yard. From here Moru was able to see an entirely different side of the yards than previously accessible to him. Apart from the obstacle course he had had run to to provide help there were massive stables, seemingly categorized by the age of the tigers held within, in the center of the yard, whichw as hard packed earth, was a section of wilderness ripped out of the jungle wilds. A massive jungle tree sprouted from the middle of the yard and was surrounded by lush greenery and flora. A large pool allowed the tigers to swim and lounge along with their riders when not training. A separate area held the massive amount of meat that the tigers needed for food. They did not take the cubs out for hunting until large enough size, and a giant freezer was powered by two ice reimancers to preserve raw meat for long periods of time, though Moru would not be able to see this as they walked.

Where the nameless female led him was a much smaller wooden lodge, it's floor covered with fresh reeds. It was the house where they kept the young and nursing tiger cubs.

"Our God Navre is the one who gifted the first Myrian tiger to Myri as a symbol of her ferocity and power. She was the first to earn Navre's favor, but not the last, and one massive example of the wild brand of cats turned into two, then three, then four. With Navre's permission that we uphold these beasts with the utmost respect, as our companions deserve, we were allowed to breed them. We only gift our juveniles to the most skilled and loyal warriors, who have proven themselves time and time again, so you will understand, Hoyta's skills do not lie in dealing with children, but in fighting alongside Glidd." She smiled softly at this.

Most of the lodge was empty, for Myrian tiger cubs were born infrequently, even moreso after the Djed storm of 512, but there was hope, and the Myrian female showed it to Moru in the form of a glistening tiger cub that had been born only a few seasons past. She was already the size of a medium sized dog, but her limbs were still gangly, fur soft and supple like most infant mammalia. Her true treasure, however, was the glistening white fur upon her pelt, bright blue eyes snapping to attention as she smelled the interlopers.

Currently there were three cubs in the lodge, one sleeping, the other lapping water as the white female was brushed by an attendant. The female did not go any closer to the tigers than a few meters, stopping.

"Do you understand, Moru, that if your days were to be spent inside of the fence, instead of outside, that you would not be able to interact with these beautiful creatures? No touching, no speaking, barely looking upon them? You would be cleaning up after them, fetching new reeds for bedding, aiding the riders in whatever task they asked, operating the courses, but nothing you do will be directly with the tigers?"

Her eyes held a scrutiny that seared into Moru's head when she looked down upon him. Her gaze was not cold, but it spoke of a seriousness. There were jobs for those who knew how to care for the tigers, heal their wounds from combat, tend to illnesses, groom and tend to them, but that would not be his job. And of course, she had known what he had sought from the very start.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Moru on November 8th, 2013, 6:54 pm

Moru was not really surprised about the mixed reaction to the tale of his life and shame. It reflected the reactions he encountered before. Still his fists tightened about Hoyta's comment because that was surely not what he thought his story had been. The friendlier sounding chuff from Glidd helped him to relax a bit again. It was like she tried to tell him not to mind Hoyta too much.

The boy was not sure what would happen as the older woman left and wanted him to follow. His fear was that he was shown off the grounds and told never to return.
He nodded as the older woman suggested he should only tell the worthy but asked himself how he was to know. Then she went further into the matter and a light frown showed on Moru's face as she told him about the pride in his words.
"How can there be pride in my word if I tell others about my greatest shame? And I'm not sure how to know who is worthy to know or not." the boy answered. His voice was calm but he confusion in it was evident. The boy was tough, independent and well above his age at the areas he had been trained in but he was still a young boy in need of guidance he no longer had in matters like this. The way this woman treated him so far was friendlier than most did despite the high rank the boy thought she had. Otherwise he'd never asked.

Following her around the training area Moru's eyes seemed to grow bigger and bigger with fascination and excitement as he saw all the new things he never had a chance to explore. Seeing some of the meat made the boy realize how much food the massive Myrian tigers would need. Even if he hunted day and night he wouldn't be able to provide more than a snack for a tiger like Glidd. Unable to see the freezers the question how they fed all the Myrian tiger arose but was soon pushed aside by the wondrous thing he saw around him. To the boy being here alone was like a dream come true.

Seeing the lodge for the young ones Moru's excitement even grew but realizing what the older woman told him soon earned her the boy's undivided attention. A smile played around the corners on his mouth as he realized she told him about the parts of the tigers he missed so far. As she finished with mentioning that Hoyta's strength wasn't with children the boy couldn't suppress a chuckle.
"That much is quite obvious. Thank you for honoring me with this knowledge." he answered with a light bow of respect at the end.

Looking around Moru wondered why the inside of the lodge was mostly empty. He realized this wasn't the way it should be and this saddened him. Before he had time to brood about it he detected the cub with the white fur and gasped in surprise. "She is beautiful." he whispered to himself in admiration and wasn't even aware that he picked the right gender for her. Something seemed to pull him towards this wonderful cub to pet it but he was aware that he was expected to stay with the older female. He stayed by her side and stopped as she did.

Realizing what she was talking about Moru's chin dropped open in surprise. The tour of the yard had been filled with too many fantastic sights for him to think if there might be a reason she led him around. This offer came as a real surprise and his young heart did an excited jump.
Then the boy's shoulders fell as she told him he wouldn't have any contact to the tigers. His first thought was that this was a mean trick and she was only teasing him. That would have been far beyond mean for the boy. But suddenly a thought came to his mind. It was a bit like it had been at the pyre of his father before he made his vow but at the same time it was different.
Suddenly Moru thought he understood the reason for this rule that seemed so cruel to him but now somehow it made sense.
Looking up to her and seeing her eyes that seemed to look deep inside him Moru straightened his stand and shoulders.
"You fear they could bond to somebody unworthy like me. That wouldn't be good for any Myrian tiger because they need a strong rider worthy of them and able to fight at their side. If I can help by shoveling their feces or in other ways I will do it. It's probably the closest I will ever be allowed to come to them for the rest of my life and it has to be enough. But I will do my best to become worthy one day in the future. But I need to be able to hunt too sometimes to feed me and to keep my place at the Den of Exiles." the boy answered and tried hard to sound as serious as she did.

Moru meant what he said. He would never try to bond with one of the tigers intentionally because he was sure it wouldn't be good for the tiger. He still would be a lot closer to the tigers than he could be any other way and he would be at least a small part of them that way. He really hoped it would work out.
Moru
the clanless

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Traverse on November 11th, 2013, 2:12 am

The woman paused a moment to consider Moru's request. "There is a Myrian saying, that when one tells the tale of a great hunt too many times it sours like old grog." She watched Moru with an appraising gaze for a moment. "The sound of your story from your throat, it does not carry sorrow, just words that mean nothing to those that do not know the hairless boy behind it. It is why when you tell it people will grow angry, or upset. Perhaps it is right to tell, to wallow in the shame you feel you deserve, but perhaps it is better to wait as well, you carry your shame, why press it upon others to know as well?"

The woman shrugged, letting the boy stew over her words. She watched the glint in his eyes at appraising the tiger cubs, and as he spoke she nodded in affirmation. He absorbed the painful truth.

"You will not be the only one. Tigers require much care before they are bonded to their riders, and there are many that do not interact with them, I ask that you learn your place and stay there. If a time comes where you recover your shame and are a warrior in the eyes of Myri, perhaps you will come to our Yard as something more than a worker, but that...that is something only time will tell."

She turned from the cubs, and walked back out into the well packed yard. Growls, shouts, and calls were sent across the bustling place that seemed like a small city in and of itself. The tall woman, still nameless guided Moru back through the traffic and crowds, trainers carting meat haunches and buckets filled with water, others feces and other leavings. She led him all the way to the entrance of the yards, and looked out toward Taloba as if it were another land altogether.

"You will come at dawn tomorrow, Moru, and find another worker, perhaps the boy you helped with the dummy would be fitting, his name is Tekra. You will be assigned much work, but I think you'll find that time for your hunting will be made available to you as you work." She gave a single nod to the boy, then turned away and marched back into the complex, returning to whatever lofty duties must befall a woman of such wisdom.

OOCOne more post and then we'll hook oyu up with a grade and an official job title!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Moru on November 12th, 2013, 8:56 pm

As the woman mentioned that telling a tale too often made it sur like old grog Moru nodded. He never drank grog but he understood what she tried to tell her. After a moment she told him a lot more about his shame and talking about it. Moru needed some time to think about that. Not because he didn't understand what she tried to tell him but to think about the meaning for his life. "I thought Hoyta wanted to know the truth by telling me what she did but now I understand that I was wrong and she had no interest in even believing me. If I understand this right I shouldn't tell other about all this but not answering if they ask would be considered rude. The only solution I see is that I shouldn't tell too soon and even if I'm asked I should keep the answer short and to the facts. Now that you showed me I think I will be able to figure it out with a little time. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with me." the boy thought loud enough that she was able to hear him before he thanked her with a thankful bow that was meant to show he really appreciated it.

The boy listened intently to the words the woman spoke. Now that he understood the reasons it was obvious what she told him about the others not able to have contact with the tigers. His serious face was his way to express he followed her and understood. But the moment she mentioned that one day he might be able to be more than a worker at the yard his eyes sparkled with new found hope and a determination to do what was needed to make this hope reality.
Again the boy bowed to show his respect and smiled at her too. "Thank you for making me understand and for giving me hope. I can only hope to be able to achieve that one day but I will try and do the best I can."

Moru followed the woman through the yard and tried to take in as much as he could. Not just the Myrian tiger but especially what the workers did or where they went. If he was going to work here it would be useful to already know some of the thing he was likely to do. He didn't loose his childish curiosity about this place but now there seemed to be so much more to learn.
Moru listened to her as she told him he was to be here at dawn and should find Tekra, the knocked out boy.
As she turned around to go the boy quickly answered and asked the one question that bothered him for a while now. "I will be here on time and find Tekra. May I know your name? I don't like the idea of thinking about 'the rider' if I think about your kindness."

Moru already knew he would be here at least half an hour before dawn. Knowing himself well enough he was sure he would awake even earlier from the excitement for working at this special place in Taloba.
Moru
the clanless

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Traverse on November 13th, 2013, 4:16 pm

The woman turned back from her walk at the boy's inquiry about her name, then waved an uncaring hand. "If you don't have the patience to wait and see, Moru, how will you have it to grow into a tiger rider?" And then she departed.

Moru

Skill XP Earned
Acrobatics 1 XP
Investigation 2 XP
Observation 5 XP
Rhetoric4 XP

Lores Earned
Being Carried Like a Tiger Cub
Hoyta: A Prideful Rider
The Tale of the Myrian Tiger
Being Near the Tigers, But Not Being With Them
A White Tiger Cub Lives
Becoming a Laborer in the Tiger Yards

Yes, I Bite.

Additional Notes :
Nice little thread, and now Moru is officially a laborer at the tiger yards! I'll be PMing you your wages shortly. The only thing I wanted to note here is that Moru was quite verbose, and talking a lot in your threads is fine, even if Myrians aren't always a very chatty people, the only issue I found with this is that Moru is extremely well spoken, but you'll notice I just gave him his first 5 points in rhetoric, and Moru is only 10. I would ask that you try to be a little more realistic with his level of speech in future threads, thanks!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)