Krahe's Source Filmmaker Posters (Taking Requests)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Here's the place to find information on 'How do I do that?' when it comes to creating avatars, signatures, calculating travel time or big purchases, or even working with the bbc code. There are help files for codework for both the main board forums and the lore sections. There are threads advertising players that are willing to create signatures for other players. Please feel free to discuss technical issues, photo cropping, suggest new bbc code, or get help from players and admins on things you want to do. This forum includes posts, wiki technical aid, avatar art, character sheet art, signature work, and all things visual when it comes to Mizahar.

Postby Krahe von der Nebel on October 30th, 2013, 11:07 pm

Welcome!

For those of you unfamiliar with it, Source Filmmaker (Commonly referred to as "SFM") is a free-to use animation program built on the source engine behind such titular games as Half-Life 2, Portal 2, and Left 4 Dead. On it's vanilla settings, SFM is optimized to work with Team Fortress 2 assets (Another game running on the engine). It's actually the program with which the TF2 developers use to make their "Meet The Team" videos like this one. It's an incredibly fun program that's got a user-friendly interface and a huge modder support. In fact, I've just finished importing all of Skyrim's models and props thanks to some very dedicated people.

While many people use it for recreating their favorite movie scenes or even creating their own full-length movies, I prefer to start off small and work on single pictures, or "posters". Truth be told, I don't want to set my goals too high lest I end up burning myself out trying to make a 10 minute long epic animation. My profile picture is actually one of these posters. I'll post some of my other works down below.

Anyways, what I'm getting to is that I'd love to get more experience with this program, and I thought that providing my services for free to the Mizahar forums would allow me to get just the experience I needed. So if you'd like to request a certain picture, or perhaps even a custom profile pic, I'd be more than happy to get on it. Just post here or send me a PM and I'll try to respond.

Keep in mind, there's really no limit to what can be made. With the amount of modders orbiting this program, I can get models and props from just about any PC game and mix and match character models to create new ones. Hell, my own profile picture is the main protagonist from Witcher 2 with the head of a Half-Life 2 NPC. And with the newest Halloween update from TF2 I now have enough magic particle effects to frighten any wizard.

Here's a couple of my past works

Secret :

Secret :

Secret :

Secret :

Secret :

Psst... I may or may not be working on a promotional trailer for Mizahar as my first real animated project. I've got an idea in my head but I need to put it on paper
Krahe von der Nebel
Listen, Watch, Wait

Words: 23147
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2013, 9:51 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Krahe von der Nebel on November 13th, 2013, 11:26 pm

Hello again. Just to keep this thread alive I decided to crank out 2 more posters, this time much more Mizahar-themed. I would have made more, but I've been working on animations rather than just posters. You can expect more of these in the near future, though. But for now, enjoy!

Secret :

Secret :
Krahe von der Nebel
Listen, Watch, Wait

Character sheet
Donor (1)

Postby Krahe von der Nebel on November 18th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Here we are again with another batch of posters. Enjoy!

Secret :

Secret :
This was a commission for Uleru. Who was gracious enough to put it on her CS. So, thank you!

Secret :

Secret :
This is a picture I made of my significant other (The eyepatch dude) and I (The burd) as our video game characters. I feel very proud of it :3

Krahe von der Nebel
Listen, Watch, Wait

Character sheet
Donor (1)