[The Kabrin Road] Terrible Forethought [Complete]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[The Kabrin Road] Terrible Forethought (Nero, Open)

Postby Rhuryc on July 25th, 2010, 11:33 pm

What a friendly gesture. Rhuryc subtly shifted his weight when he felt the pat on his shoulder, albeit muffled from thick, leather coat that draped his form. He glanced aside at Nero as he began talking again - the man really could talk - and mused at his words, pondering himself when the voice drifted off into its own form of reminiscence. Perhaps he would take this man on his offer. Rhuryc was not one to turn down an invitation of knowledge, but he waited to comment for the time. Instead he allowed Nero to combat whatever memories plagued the mind, while he gazed ahead, watching as the first bastions of the city came into being just over the horizon.

And what a magnificent sight it was. The sprawling beauty of the fortress was one Rhuryc had long since come to admire and here, with it's splendor displayed with the dawning light of the sun, the young man could not help but feel some overwhelming sense of awe. The rays illuminated the thick, stone walls, carved out of the earth like a challenge to the very world itself, forever engaged in a battle between civilization and nature. Even with the odds stacked so deep against it, still the city stood, in what to Rhuryc could have been the capital of the world.

His attention was drawn away, though, as another interest sprung up beside him. He examined the peculiar weapon with a half-trained eye, curious as to the design, and ultimately impressed. Rhuryc was very glad Nero had not decided to assail him.

"I can probably sneak it in when the others go out. I usually stick around after dusk; anyway, I should be able to bang some metal back into place. It doesn't look too badly damaged." He bobbed his head as he spoke, already planning just what exactly it was he would do. "Perhaps once we get to the city, and I buy you that drink, we can exchange some services. You show me what you know and I'll give you free reign of the forge."
Rhuryc
Honorific

Words: 466305
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2010, 7:22 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nero Czan on July 26th, 2010, 12:23 am

Nero smiled at his reaction. He may be well-versed in the care of his weapons and possessions, but compared to Rhuryc, his knowledge was minuscule. He had also noticed that the tension had been lessening over the past few minutes, and it seemed to be putting both parties at ease now that there were no more veils, no more Darkness. After his companion had thoroughly looked over his damaged weapon, he withdrew it to his side, in a more comfortable position, and managed to stretch out his arm through the motion. His casual smirk returned, and he continued where his new friend had left off. "Naturally. It's only fair that a trade benefit both parties. I enjoy passing on some martial knowledge anyhow, so this is somewhat like a bonus." He chuckled, his gaze stretching out to the ever-closer citadel.

With the sun securing it's foothold on the infant sky above, the road was considered, for the most part, safe-enough, and so Nero casually slid off his gauntlet. The scarred hand inside it, carrying the same extravagant tattoo, was slightly red from the heat, and he swiftly tucked it into his cloak, which carried a sturdy, reinforced (The only part of the cloak in good condition), pocket, in which sat the metallic fist. There was one on each of his sides, which, when the cloak was at rest, would serve as "sheaths" for the weapons. The extra weight dragging on his shoulders didn't even phase Nero, or at the least, he didn't show it. The other thing that became clear was that, even while sitting inside a pocket in a now vaguely-waving cloak, there was virtually no sound of the familiar clanging of metal. This was partly due to the reduction of the metal itself, and partly due to the grip of the pockets. The latter was both a blessing and a curse, but for most occasions it served it's purpose.

Small-talk and a couple jokes would be shared as the remnants of their trek dwindled away. Nero could only grin as he stepped under the majestic stone arch that marked the boundary, and for most, the only entrance, to the citadel-city of Syrilas. As they passed through the streets, at this time still free of the crowded bustling of everyday life, Nero would make passing gestures to a few of the 'early-birds,' more for their benefit than his. Nevertheless, when the duo had arrived at the 'Stallion, it was in itself a cause to celebrate. "Well then, that's another day in the wilderness without incident. Damn."

He would walk through the doors to the tavern with the sound of laughter in his voice, and an intrigue in his eyes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan
"Lead by Example, Protect by Force."

Words: 121734
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2009, 2:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Rhuryc on July 26th, 2010, 12:47 am

Fin. Continued here.
Rhuryc
Honorific

Words: 466305
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2010, 7:22 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[The Kabrin Road] Terrible Forethought [Complete]

Postby Leviathan on August 7th, 2010, 3:11 pm

Thread Award!

Rhuryc
Exp +4 Observation, +1 Interrogation
Lore Awkward First Impressions, A Fair Exchange, What Lurks in the Darkness

Nero
Exp +1 Stealth, +1 Rhetoric, +1 Observation, +2 Interrogation
Lore Awkward First Impressions, Lore of Pranks (Minor), A Fair Exchange

Additional Comments Nice job guys. As usual, if you have any problems, questions, concerns, or comments about me or my grading, feel free to PM me and I'll eat you whole... I mean, we can work out a solution. Nice job and keep up the good writing!
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous