Solo [west wing] About Time!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[west wing] About Time!

Postby Amelia Cross on November 23rd, 2013, 4:05 pm

[73rd day of summer 513.a.v.]
[The University]
[West Wing]
[Early morning]

Somehow the events of this season didn’t seem to inspire the young girl to do much of anything. Studying seemed to be the least thing on her mind, while all she wanted was to sit on her bed and dream, dream awake or asleep, it didn’t matter. She just didn’t want to be in this city, it felt wrong, like she didn’t belong here…she wanted to close her eyes and wake up in Ravok, back in the city her hearth cried for. It might be corrupted, chaotic or whatever outsiders call it, but she saw it as Ukalas on earth.

But if she had to be honest with herself, she knew she had to get herself up and running, going to the University…do something and not just watch as time aimlessly flew pass her. If she wanted something done, she had to do it herself…if she wanted recognition; she had to work for it. No, all of it was a poor motivator to the girl who was practically worthless in the department of self-motivation. The only reason she decided to actually get to the University, was because she had already paid for the classes, she didn’t want to let that hard earned gold just slip pass her.

With a blank face, just like she usually had, she got up from the bed, got dressed, for a change not really thinking about what she wore, just throwing on the first dress that she got a hold of. Same old, black boots and black cloak to hide herself. The hood covering most of her face so she wouldn’t need to face people. Her face, naturally pale, no makeup except for the eyeliner…you could say she looked like some kind of a ghost.

The day was young, and since she had little to no supplies with her, she dropped by the General Store, to get some basic items she needed for classes…or are they called lectures? She was not quite sure, but she got what she needed quite fast, avoiding distraction and not really finding any of the local people interesting enough to be bothered, she was on her way soon enough. Heading to the West Wing of the university…

Amelia actually had no idea why she was sent there, the East wing was a lot more modern, making it a lot more pleasant to study in…she thought so, of course the girl was not fully aware that the East wing of the University was exclusive for experimental studies such as magic. Either way, she stepped through the halls towards the auditorium where she was expected.

purchases1 vial of black ink = 1gm
1 quill = 5cm
20 sheets of paper = 8gm[?]
Total = 9gm 5cm

Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

[west wing] About Time!

Postby Amelia Cross on November 23rd, 2013, 4:05 pm

The building was full of life, scholars everywhere you looked, but Amelia couldn’t really spot people who were sincerely smiling, more like those fake kind of smiles…what made her wonder, why are they here if they don’t enjoy it enough to smile? Why aren’t their eyes smiling? Shouldn’t they be excited about studying? Or are they all here, just because it is asked of them? They are somehow forced in it? It was hard to come to one, steady conclusion…after all, Amelia herself felt somehow forced into studying here, even if a part of her wanted to obtain knowledge.

When she finally entered the auditorium where the first lesson of her studies of Nader Canoch would begin, she couldn’t help but notice that there were many, many people present. At first it was even intimidating, and she was a bit lost. Unsure where she should sit, she looked over all the available places…the one that seemed especially appealing was the seat in the first row, it had nobody sitting there in a perimeter of 2 to even 3 seats, making it a place of relevant solitude.

Her cloak still hiding her face and body, she could hear whispers behind her, but in all of her paranoia and pride, she was not going to assume these people would talk of her, not when she looked this…simple. Amelia was used to looking strong, having the face of a doll painted on her, fine tailored dresses accenting her body and hair well groomed…now she was sort of pale compared to her usual disguise.

The man who entered though, he didn’t care even the slightest bit about how who looked. He even ignored the fact Amelia stayed hooded in the room that was clearly warm, like such things didn’t bother him. As if he was above that. And Amelia had to admit, something about the air around him, just made her awe. He looked rather, sick though. With not the healthiest looking skin, eye bags with under circles and dark…maybe even crumbled lips. Despite that, Amelia felt obligated to respect him, and follow all of his orders. Needless to say, these feelings were unusual to come by. Only a few chimes latter did she realize, that the other students had also stopped their whispers, all going mute, awaiting what the teacher would say.

”If needed to refer to me, call me Professor Denarius, respectively, I am your teacher of the Ancient tongue…” Denarius, his voice was deep and Amelia enjoyed the ring of power and knowledge it had to it. She could already see herself spending bells and bells away, just listening to him speak…not for a moment did it bother her that just now, she was not even all that motivated to study at all.

”throughout the path that leads you all towards discovering the secrets of the language known as the Ancient Tongue, Nader-Canoch to others and as Our Word to a few…I will be your guide. I would like to explain beforehand, that I do not tolerate any off topic discussions in my class unless I have asked, and even if I have…I have full right to shush you and bring back to the main topic of discussion…” it somehow felt like the man had years, years and years of experience with students trying to understand this language. Amelia enjoyed the thought of this man being so knowledgeable, rather than simply someone who had the right connections to get the job. ”We will be dividing our studies into 3 main types of classes, but they will be layering over each other at some points…the tasks are the Anthropology, vocalization, reading and writing is one connected lessons since those can’t really be separated” he toke a breath and rested against the desk ”generally the language is not difficult to gasp, its grammar is simple and the only thing that might come difficultly is the writing, so don’t be intimidated by the set of knowledge that will be coming towards you”

”I need to tell you, my methods of teaching are strict and I do not come by such things easily, the knowledge of our ancestors are ones that should not be taken lightly, and Nade-Canoch opens doors to a lot…so when you come in this class after the break, I expect you all to be aware of that ad be ready for all that may come” Amelia doubted that the man had the intention of scaring the students, but it sure seemed like he had done that, because even the girl could hear whispers of doubt coming from behind her. "now go, get some fresh air"

Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)