Aran's Scrapbook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Aran's Scrapbook

Postby Aran Windblown on November 27th, 2013, 1:28 am

So created my Scrapbook... And also created my first template! Here. Still have some things to work out, and it's really simple, but I feel ridiculously proud of it. :D
"Pavi"
"Common"
"Tukant"

School and family have been very busy lately; as such, while I am trying to keep up with Mizahar, my muse is feeling very finicky. I will reply ASAP.
Aran Windblown
Player

Words: 41102
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Aran's Scrapbook

Postby Aran Windblown on December 8th, 2013, 1:10 am

December 7, 2013

So, lots of fun things have been happening! My birthday, playing phone tag with the Staples people trying to buy a flipping tablet that I need for college, finally tracking someone down and order the daggone thing, buying a shiny new iPod Touch 5th gen(with a blue cover! :D) that I am absolutely in love with, and also getting the PC version of Skyrim.

That is the highlight of my week, so far: getting Skyrim. So far, I have:
-*-Needed to jump from a window roughly 3 stories up over to a neighboring roof to escape a dragon(this was in the very beginning, when I was still working out how to coordinate my mouse and moving at the same time. Can you tell I don't usually do a lot of gaming?), got my angle set up, went to move, and-- bumped the mouse. Which moved to the side, aiming me out of open air. To put it succintly, I took a long leap off a short ledge. 3 stories down. Yeah... Good thing I'd saved!
-*-After finally starting to get the hang of moving, I head to the nearby town, get a quest from a dude to go retrieve a golden claw(I knew it was a bad idea, knew it was going to lead to caves, and I am only level 2 at the moment-- 1 when I accepted the quest, and I still accepted it!) from some bandits. So I'm making my way up a snowy mountain, spot the bandits' hold, go into my creeper crouch(no weapons out or anything), and as I'm scouting around, looking for a way in... Zip! Thunk! GAk! Out of nowhere comes this flipping huge arrow, followed by another three. So I haul tail(literally; I picked a Khajiit for my character) out of there to lick my wounds, and when I approach(from a roughly perpendicular angle of my original approach, putting me behind the archer) again, I spot the archer from before. "MAKE ME TASTE YOUR ARROWS, WILL YOU?" I scream in real life, rushing forward in-game, "WELL THEN TASTE MY FLAMES, SUCKER!" *cue me setting the archer on fire while cackling gleefully* ... Yeah, I didn't realize I held grudges quite that violently.
-*-Had the living bejabbers scared out of me(and received a huge bruise on my thigh from banging my leg against the underside of the table when I jumped) by a Skeever that dropped off a ledge and onto my head.
-*-Took seven tries to defeat a spider the size of which would give my mother a heart attack and kill her just by the sight of it before it ever got its fangs into her.
-*-After defeating said spider, had the living crap scared out of me again, this time by a zombie that came around a corner I was heading around.
-*-Found out, after getting killed by several zombies(apparently the first one woke the others), that I'd failed to save after killing the spider.
-*-Cursed for about five minutes after that
-*-Took eight tries this time(spider kept backing me into a stupid corner so I couldn't get away from its fangs to set the ******* on fire) to kill it-- made sure to save! And save. And save. Like every fifteen steps.
-*- After defeating my first horde of zombies(I was prepared! Only took me 3 tries!), saved, started walking through an opening to get to the next section, and this huge iron gate swings out of nowhere and hits me like I'm the last pitch of the World Series, taking almost 3/4ths of my health and knocking me back both in-game and in real life-- My camera, for some reason, had zoomed in to first person mode, so all I saw was this huge thing coming at me.
-*-Decided that was enough frustration and mini heart attacks for one night, waited for health to restore(after getting past the gate and keeping a wary eye for more zombies), saved, and then quit.

Still, I am absolutely in love with this game; I will definitely be spending a lot more time playing it! I'm especially excited to do the assassin's guild stuff-- that's my addiction for games. If there's an assassin's guild or variant thereof, I will find a way into it eventually! And Thieves' Guilds, too-- and I got the Legendary Edition of the PC version, which has the base game, Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn in it! But yeah, I'm definitely going to be working on leveling up my character before I even think about taking on another dungeon/the assassin's guild/thieves' guild/etc, haha!
"Pavi"
"Common"
"Tukant"

School and family have been very busy lately; as such, while I am trying to keep up with Mizahar, my muse is feeling very finicky. I will reply ASAP.
Aran Windblown
Player

Words: 41102
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Aran's Scrapbook

Postby Kaiphur on December 20th, 2013, 1:46 am

Skyrim is so much fun but so much scares me!

When you first go up the mountain to find the greybeards and there is a big troll sitting waiting for you, I screamed and ran about and eventually just got completely destroyed. I panic too much in games!

Plus, every time I see/hear/sense a dragon I die a little bit inside and start freaking out... I am too cowardly for video games!

Kaiphur
Trapped in the flesh

Words: 31629
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2013, 7:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes