[PC Plotnotes] Darius Twoseas

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Postby Darius Twoseas on November 27th, 2013, 7:55 pm

Well, I really liked Caelum's character breakdown, so I'm gonna use that.

Okay:

Character Diamond: Affable (constant, positive), autonomous (constant, negative), outspoken (situational, positive), obsessive (situational, negative)

Ultimate Goal: Become proficient enough in magic--in any and all disciplines--to defend mortals from the gods.

Ultimate Conflict: The gods are incredibly powerful and learning the required magics will involve a lot of time and travel all over Mizahar.

Immediate Goals:

1) Train in Webbing in Endrykas.
2) Find locations within Mizahar to learn other disciplines.

Immediate Conflicts:

1) Without being an expert in Webbing, there is little use for his meager skills while in Endrykas, so he needs some opportunities for practice.
2) Endrykas has few scholarly resources.

Due to unavoidable time constraints, I have found I can't spend the time it takes to write this character, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience it causes. This character is inactive.
Darius Twoseas
Player

Words: 33289
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2013, 10:56 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Darius Twoseas on November 28th, 2013, 1:35 am

I'm pretty sure I have some good ideas for Darius. I actually have a pretty well-wrought plan for him.

Darius first needs to at least become an expert at Webbing and perhaps even a master while in Endrykas. Outside of the Sea of Grass there is little opportunity for him to be taught it. He should also become at least competent at Reimancy. To achieve these goals, I think I'm going to try and get him a job as a Webwalker, if possible. Endrykas is also a good place for him to pick up some vital skills in riding and wilderness survival, and definitely hunting. Hopefully, all these goals shouldn't take more than a season or two, but that may be really optimistic. Regardless, once these are accomplished, he can move out of the city.

From Endrykas, he'll probably go to the Sylira region. He'll probably either go to Syliras itself or Zeltiva, mostly to try and find information about different magic usage. Depending upon which he decides to go to, he may or may not stay a while. If he goes to Syliras he won't spend more than a season there before he moves on to Zeltiva. He'll probably spend a long time in Zeltiva, two seasons to a year, perhaps. There he'll try to find references to magic in the university and may first become enamored with "lost" disciplines.

His next stop will be Lhavit, which is a long way away from Zeltiva. If possible, he'll take a ship the whole way. If not, he'll go ashore in the Suvan and have to go overland to Lhavit. Regardless, once he gets there, he'll apply for lessons at the towers. He's going to love Lhavit and may stay a whole year or longer. I may apply for Eyris's Gnosis there. He will also attempt to learn Dominion, if possible. Regardless, he's probably going to travel overland to Sahova, stopping in Sultros along the way to try and learn even more. I'll apply for the Gnosis again there. When he gets to Sahova, he will try to learn some advanced magic and study through the library there to try and learn Dominion again. This is the last planned stop.

The next stage is a bit less solid than the rest and, to be fair, will probably never happen since this will be at least two and a half years from now. If he discovers any other major destination for magic he may go there, but if I think he has learned enough about magic by then, he may just not get to them. I probably won't move on until he has at least three disciplines at expert level and one or two at master level. Without that, he's just going to keep wandering around for a while.

Once he does have that, I'm want him to be contacted by Eyris to totally change his life goals. She'll convince him to give up his dream of becoming a god through magical knowledge as impossible and will instead task him with spreading the knowledge he has acquired to others as worthy as himself. He will be asked to found a magic academy and given whatever the next mark is, likely one or two. If he still doesn't know Dominion, this will be the last chance for him to learn it, the knowledge possibly bestowed upon him by Eyris.

Beyond founding the academy, I'm not sure what he'll do. If he does, by now, know Dominion (and hopefully he'll be nearly a master at this point), he'll build the academy inside his domain. And if he is accomplished at it, his next step will be to build doors to it in multiple cities. At least one in Syliras. That will be his goal, to build a door in every major city, so as to find as many students as possible. I'm hoping the sheer amount of time he will have spent in Mizahar at this point paired with his magical ability will make him wealthy enough to hire skilled teachers as well for his Academy and he may also use the academy to promote his own original goal of protecting mortals from the gods, and thus may organize particularly powerful students into a faction of mages dedicated to this goal. This will be the ultimate goal of my efforts as a writer and will probably take a minimum of three years, so it isn't exactly the most likely event ever. Also, in-game events will also defiantly throw this plan off track, but that will only add to the fun.

Last edited by Darius Twoseas on December 15th, 2013, 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Due to unavoidable time constraints, I have found I can't spend the time it takes to write this character, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience it causes. This character is inactive.
Darius Twoseas
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Darius Twoseas on November 28th, 2013, 2:47 am

A few things to consider while undergoing these goals:

I am personally obsessed with Dominion. It has become my new favorite discipline. Darius must learn it somewhere.

Other schools he needs to learn: Projection, Auristics, Morphing, and Glyphing. Other schools will be pursued, but these are the ones he truly needs. These plus the three he already knows will probably make up his master/expert list.

The "lost" divine discipline of Static is really, really intriguing. While the capabilities are surprisingly in line with his goals, I'm not sure he would take the risk of being initiated to it. Also, it is really hostile to the gods in a way that he isn't. He just wants to protect people from them, not actively defy them. It would also be interesting for him to attempt to learn it, but fail, leaving him deaf, dumb, or both. I just don't think I want to sacrifice e that much for an interesting side story. Something to consider though.

Darius Twoseas
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Darius Twoseas on December 3rd, 2013, 3:26 am

Winter, 513

Darius's Goal for this season:

Become skilled enough to enlist in the Watch.

Calendar

22nd: Meets Taylani. Decides not to go on hunt.

Darius Twoseas
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes